Categories > Original > Romance > The Missing Piece

That's How You Know

by bellaluvsnick 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-09-01 - Updated: 2008-09-02 - 1024 words

1Ambiance
Izzi wokethe next morning to the sound of music and the smell of food drifting from the kitchen.
Nick and Kevin were already awake, waching evertone else sleep. He slowly traced the features of her face with his index finger.

"You really love her, don't you?" Kevin said waching his brother

"Yeah...I really do... I really, really do. She just is everything I feel like I've ever wanted, and like it was a puzzle and she's the missing piece I needed. i don't know how to explain it. But it is an amazing feeling."

"I think she loves too, Nick. You guys are so lucky."

Izzi opened her eyes a little.

"Hey," Nick said kissing her forehead, "Sleep good?"

"Amazing," she yawned, "you?"

"Wonderful."

Alexiz and Bridget woke up a short while later. Joe was still slumbering away.

"Joe, wake up." Alexiz said shaking him slightly, "Time for breakfast."

He didn't move.

"Lex, go over there for a minute." Kevin said, pointing to the other side of the room.
"Joe! Wake up!" Kevin said shaking him, "Joe! Lex is gone!"

Joe sat straight up,"Where is she?!"

"I don't know."

"Don't worry, I'm right here. You just would't get up." Alexiz said coming back over and sitting down next to him

A few minutes later Mrs. Jonas came down the stairs wearing a green apron.

She poked her head in the doorway, "Oh good you're awake. Breakfast is in the kitchen. After you get done eating we're going to work on the cookies."

"She seems happy." Lex said

"She's cooking. Of course she's happy." Kevin repleyed

They headed upstairs to their breakfast. After eating the changed clothes and started on "cookie duty".

¤¤¤¤

"Lex, how did you get that scar on your arm?" Joe asked

"Izzi fell off a skateboard." She replyed nonchalauntly.

"And you got a scar?" Nick questioned

"Well, I got one too, on my shoulder, You see Bee was away at one of her like trillion music camps and we were bored so we decided we were learn how to skateboard. Needless to say we fell a lot."

"And one time in particular she fell off and knocked me over. Giving me a chance to pick a fight with some pavement." Alexiz said Smothing green icing on a tree shaped cookie.
They contined to talk and ice until Izzi caught Nick staring blankly at a cookie he had just finished icing.

"Uh, Nick, are you okay?"She asked, looking at him almost nervously.

"Yeah," He said setting it down and picking up another, "but I can feel my blood sugar riding just looking at these cookies."

She laughed lightly, "I'm sorry, do you want to see if they need help with setting stuff up?"
"No, I'm okay...I think."


She kissed his cheek, "Okay, just say something if you want to do something else.

"Will do." he said kissing her on the lips

Joe cleared his throat, "Kids in the room."

¤¤¤¤

After finishing the cookies, they helped put the finishing touches on the decorations. Then the girls headed to Alexiz'a house and the boys went to Izzi's to get ready.

"Do I look okay?" Nick asked Joe for atleast the fifth time. He was wearing a white suit, with a red button up shirt, and a black tie.

"You're quite the studmuffin, Nicholas." Joe replyed as he walked out of the bathroom. He was dressed in a red suit with a white button up shirt, and a red tie.

"You look great, Nick. Calm down." Kevin, who was wearing a black suit with a white shirt and a black scarf, said.

"What's in the box, Kev?"Joe asked peering into th e box his brother was hloding.
"Coursages." he said, "The yelllow one is for Izzi, the white one is is for Bridget and the red one is for Alexiz."

"Oh, oh, very romantic, Bro. You know if we weren't related and I wasn't a dude, I'd totally date you." Joe said

"Thanks...I think."

Nick was sitting on the bed testing his blood sugar and pressing buttons on the remote that controlled his OmniPod.

"Dude, why am I so nervous?" Nick asked as his brothers sat down on either side of him.
"Nick, you will be fine Izzi will be with you the whole time. She won't let you do anything stupid." Kevin said

"Yeah, and if you need a wingman, we'll be there all night." Joe said, givng his shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

Nick wiped his hands off and put everything else back into the little black bag.
"Just be yourself." Kevin said

After one last check in the mirror they were ready. Nick straghted his tie and Joe smoothed his glossy balck hair.

"Ready ladies?" Kevin asked, picking up the box of rose coursages.

"As I'll every be." Nick said, grabbing his cell phone and following them out.

¤¤¤¤

"I'm soo excited." Bridget sad putting on her high heels, "Kevin wants me to play piano for him!"

Bridget was wearing a knee lengh red dress, high heels and silver jewlery

Alexiz was wearing a red-plaid skirt with black leggings, a white shirt, and a red headband.

Izz was wearing a simple black dress with a red belt and shoes.

Izzi' bejewled Sidekick rang fro its spot on the dresser. It was a text message from Nick : "I love You." was all it said.

She swiftly typed a reply : "I love you more."

Alexiz glanced at her clock, "Ready?" she asked

They met the boys, each standing with a small box in one hand.

Kevin slid the red rose on to Bridget's wrist, raised her hand to his lips, and kissed it.

Joe, not to be out done, slid the white rose on to her arm and kissed her cheek.

Nick walked up to Izzi gingerly slid the yellow rose on to her wrist.

She bit her lower lip, "Thank you, it's my favorite."

"You look beautiful." he said as they turned and walked inside the house.

Does he leave a little note to tell you, you are on his mind?
Send you yellow flowers when the sky is gray?
Sign up to rate and review this story