Categories > Original > Romance > The Missing Piece

This is Me

by bellaluvsnick 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-09-01 - Updated: 2008-09-02 - 381 words

0Unrated
"Kevin, you couldn't go a week without coffee."Joe said

"I bet I could."Kevin retorted

Nick gave him a "yeah right" kind of look.

"Okay probably not, but still."

"I'd like to see you try." Izzi said

They had been talking for a few hours. The six of them had found blankets, pillows and sleeping bags and were camped out in Izzi's basement family room.

Nick was sitting adainst the couch, Izzi was leaning against him, resting her head against his chest. Joe was laying on his back with Alexiz with her head on his stomach. Kevin was sitting with his arms around Bridget, her head resting on his shoulder.

"Okay, that's going to be my New Years resolution. Going one week with no coffee."

Everyone laughed. Alexiz's eye lids were drooping as her head rose and feel with Joe's steady breathing.

"Lex, you still awake?" Joe asked, gently rubbing the back of her head.

"A little." she mumbled.

"We probably need to go to sleep. I have a feeling it's going to be all hands on deck tomorrow." Izzi said, shifting her weight to one side.

"It sounds exciting." Nick said rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand.
"You just wait." Bridget said yawning.

Lex was asleep before their conversation ended. Joe, who was employed as her pillow, went to sleep shortly after. Kevin and Bridget fell asleep at almost the same time in the middle of their own wispered conversation.

Izzi was oblivious to everything but Nick. She turned and snuggled closer to his warm chest and buried her face in the crook of his neck. She took a deep breathe and inhaled sweet his sweet aroma. It was almost intoxicating. Her happines was making her dizzy. She squirmed slightly, he losen his hold on her slightly.

"...No." she said quietly in his ear.

He regained his grip on her. His touch was like lightning in her veins. Sending every cell in her body in to shock and over drive. She wanted to soak every bit of this in.
He sighed quietly and began to hum an unfamiliar melody. That was all she remembered before she drifted off into sweet, sweet dreams.

This is real, this is me
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be,
Sign up to rate and review this story