Categories > Original > Romance > The Missing Piece

Nine in the Afternoon

by bellaluvsnick 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-09-01 - Updated: 2008-09-02 - 706 words

0Unrated
They were exactly forty-seven minutes from Izzi's driveway. She sat next to the window on the bus watching the highway fly past. Nick came up behind her, put his arms around his waist, and put his rested his chin on her shoulder.

"Hey." he said turning his head and buring his head in her hair. She shivered at the feel of his breath on her neck. He just smiled.

"We're almost there."he said inhaling the flowery scent of her hair.

"I'm so excited." she said leaning into him.

"And you two are going to hug and kiss and we'll have a holly jolly Christmas!" Joe said, coming up behind them and throwing his arms around them.

Nick just shook his head shook and laughed.

¤¤¤¤

"We should be there in about ten minutes." Mr. Jonas said, looking at his watch. No one was really paying attention, but instead making sure that they had everything packed. Nick and Izzi were helping Frankie get his toys into his backpack.

"Is that everything, Bud?"Nick said checking the bunk one last time.

"Yep." he said as he zipped bag and putting it on his shoulder.

"Ok, go put it with everything else." Nick said steering him towards a cluster of suitcases.

"Now do you have everything?" he said turning to Izzi.

"Yes, what about you?"

"I have everything I need right here." he said wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his forehead against her's.

The bus began to slow.

"Why are we slowing down?" Izzi said suddenly very nervous

"Calm down we're just swichung over to the SUVs,"Nick said pulling her close again, "we want to stay slightly unoticted."

"Oh." Izzi breathed a sigh or relief.

Nick smiled, "We will be there at nine o'clock just like Dad said."

She looked at him and twisted a stray curl out of his face, "I'm sorry. I'm just so anxious. I can't help it."

He kissed her forhead and rubbed her back,"Don't be. Just breathe in, breathe out."

The bus stopped suddenly, throwing them balance. They landed on the floor in a tangled heap.
Kevin walked in with a very confused look on his face. They were laughing to hard toeven notice.

"Awkward." Joe said from behind Kevin.

Nick got up and extended a hand down to help Izzi up. They walked out to where everyone was grabbing suitcases. They carryed everything out to the two black SUVs waiting there for them.

"Okay," Mr. Jonas said when every one was there, "Kevin, Joseph, Nicholas and Izzi, You are
going in the first car with Rob and we're going with Jay in the second."

Nick and Izzi climbed into the back seat as Joe and Kevin climbed into the captian seats in front of them.

Izzi was almost bouncing out of her seat. Nick sat his hand on her thigh, "Chill." he said seriously.

She took a few deep breaths as Nick put his arm around her sholders.

"Hey Joe," Kevin said, "Call Lex when we get up here."

"And say what?" Joe asked, pulling out his phone out of the pocket of his white skinni jeans.

"I don't know. Thinkk of something."

They turned the corner to Izzi's street.

"Hey, go out outside." Joe said when Alexiz answered

They drove slowly up the street as she saw Alexiz standing on her porch, Bridget close behind her.

"Yo girl, I got my library cars and be checking out!"

Izzi heard her scream and saw her jump.

When they pulled into the driveway pulled in to the driveway everyone was standing there to
greet them. Izzi was almost tacked by her best friend and her mother.

They entered the kitchen where Izzi was almost by her two enromus black labs.

"Jasper! Juiet! Oh I missed you!" she said leaning against the door frame to regain her balance.

She moved out of the way to let everyone else in . As she did she looked at the clock across the room. She smiled. 8:59.

'Cause it's nine in the afternoon
Your eyes are the size of the moon
You could 'cause you can so you do
We're feeling so good
Just the way that we do
When it's nine in the afternoon
Sign up to rate and review this story