Categories > Original > Romance > The Missing Piece

When You Look Me in the Eyes

by bellaluvsnick 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-08-10 - Updated: 2008-08-11 - 1340 words

0Unrated
Izzi sat in the living room playing with Frankie and his Webkinz in the front lounge while the guys went over the itenerary for the day with their dad. He was telling her about a dream he had.

"...And then the big hairy purple moster named Bobbert came and he wanted to take Nick away and I had save him and I had to do kung fu and then the big fuzzy green monster named Chico came and I had to use my kung fu on him too."

"Did you save him?" she asked.

"Yes Ma'am." he said proudly.

"My hero."she said, kissing him on the forehead

"Oh I see how it is." Nick said as he walked into the room, sat down on the couch and put his arms around her and hugged her tight to his chest, "Frank, I know Mom and Dad say that we always should share with each other, but I'm sorry I'm going to be selfish. She's all mine."

"That's okay, Nick. I think she likes you best anyway." he said

"Aw Frankie." Izzi said, "You'll always be my best buddy though."

"I'ma go find Joe." Frankie said as he slid off the couch

"Crazy kid." Nick said as he tilted her her chin up and kissed her gentely on the lips. She caressed his cheek with her fingers.

"Dad." Kevin coughed as he walked walked in to the room and sat down in the chair across the room.

Nick smiled and losend his grip on her.

"Okay guys," Mr Jonas said as he walked into the room, "We have some free time before we go to sound check. So if you guys want to go do something for a few hours you want."

Nick and Izzi decided to visit some of the local shops.

"I like that one." Izzi said pointing to a red vintage Gibson Les Paul guitar.

"Me too." Nick said, "But you know what I like even more?"

"What?" She asked

"This," He said pulling her close and kissing her forehead gently, "and this," he said kisiing her temple, "and this," her cheek,"oh, and this is my favorite." her said kissing her lips.

The shop owner let out an annoyed sigh.

She giggled beneath his kiss.

"Looks like someone's in a bad mood." she wispered between kisses

They looked for a little while longer. Nick bought a new guitar strap and a few other things.

They left the store and headed for a Starbucks a a few stores down.

They walked up to the counter and a girl with wavy brown hair excitedly walked up to wait on them.

"Can I help you, Cutie?" she asked directly to Nick.

"Yes I need green tea frappuccino and what do you want, Baby?" he said emphasizing the last word.

"Hot chocolate."

"And a hot chocolate also please." he said flashing her an angelic smile.

"Coming right up." she said a little less excited than before.

"You are so mean." Izzi wispered as they were waiting for their drinks.

"I'm mean? Who's the one breaking thousands of girls hearts by dating a Jonas Brother?"

"It takes two to Tango my dear Nicholas."

She returned with drinks and Nick paid her for them.

When they sat down at the table Izzi took a sip of her hot chocolate.

"H-hot."she breathed.

Nick laughed, "That's what you get. I bring you to the birth place of gormet coffee and you order hot chocolate."

"I'm not a huge fan of coffee." she said

"Kevin may not let me keep you if he finds that out." he said jokingly.

"Do you think I could make it up to him if I brought him something back?"

"I don't know. You can try. Kevin takes his coffee very seriously."

About that time Nick's cell phone vibrated in his pocket. he pulled it out and answered it.

"Hey Dad. Yeah we're at Starbucks.Okay cool. Okay we'll be there in a few. Okay bye." he hung up and put it back in his pocket.

"Dad wants me back there before sound check so I can meet with some people who work with a local diabetes awareness group." Nick said as he took a sip of his frappuccino.

Izzi nodded,"That's cool."

"Yeah that mean we probably need to go now."he said looking at his watch.

They got Kevin and Joe drinks and left. They found Big Rob waiting in the car down the street.

When the arrived at the venue Nick kissed her swiftly on the cheek, "I love you Carebear,"he
wispered, "I'll see you later."

Izzi got turned around and confused when it came to getting around backstage at shows . She
wandered around for a few minutes until she almost literatly ran into Garbo, the bass player in the guys backup band.

"Hey Greg," she asked, "Could you point me to the green room?"

"Yeah down that hall, second door on the left."

"Thanks."She she said heading down the way he had pointed.

She knocked on the door,"Hey it's Izzi. Is everyone decent?"

She heard Joe laughing on the other side of the door, "Yeah come on in."

She turned the knob and opened the door. Kevin and Joe were fully engrossed in Halo battle.

"I smell Starbucks!" Kevin said without looking away from the television

"Yes you do." she said handing kevin a chai latte and Joe a strawberries and creme frappuccino.

"So who's winning?"Izzi asked sitting down on the arm of Joe's chair.

"Kevin's beating me by one kill."

"Nice."

She watched them play some more until Denise came and got them for sound check

¤¤¤¤

The show went off with out a hich.

Izzi was wating right off stage when they were done, Nick came over to her and she kissed him.

"Slow down Sugar, I'm diabetic." he said with a smile

Smooth, smooth like butter." she said kissing him again.

They were boarding the bus when it finally hit Izzi that when they left there they would finally be headed home.

A few hours later Nick and izzi lay curled up on tyhe couch in the back lounge of the bus. Izzi was laying with her hear on his chest asleep. Nick was mindlessly stroking her hair. Nick could stay like this forever. He hated when he couldn't see or touch her. It was almost like a piece of him was missing. Like she was a vital organ or something. He had never fallen like this for some one before. Crazy in love Joe was what called him. Crazy wasn't good in his opinion. But if this was wrong, he didn't want be right.

¤¤¤¤

Izzi woke up the next morning and she couldn't remember where she was. Most of all she wondered why her pillow was moving. She opened her eyes and saw the New York Yankees emblem on Nick's shirt.

"Oh." she remembered now.

"Are you awake?" she asked tugging on his shirt.

"No" he smiled and wrapped his arms tighter around her.

"Good me either." she said snuggling closer into his chest.

"I'm sorry." she said

"Sorry for what?"

"I drooled on you."

"Ah, " he laughed, "I wondered why I felt wet."

She buried her face in his chest and said something about being stupid.

"Don't worry about it," he said examing the wet spot on his shirt,"it kinda looks like a whale."
He felt her face form a smile against his chest. She turned her face to see what he was talking about.

"See there's the head, and the body, and the tail."

"You're insane." she said

"Izz, look at me. I love you."

"I love you too." she said pulling his head towards her and kissing him

When you look me in the eyes,
And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,
When you look me in the eyes.
Sign up to rate and review this story