Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > First Date

We All Fall Down

by midnight_moonlight 4 reviews

Axl's dead...

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2008-09-02 - Updated: 2008-09-02 - 695 words

1Ambiance
I watch as Axl plummets down the stairs. Over and over he goes, twisting and knocking into the wall. Over and over, again and again. A harrowed scream tears from his lungs and he crumples at the bottom.

Then there’s silence.

Blissful silence.

My heart thumps in my chest as I slowly descend the stairs after him. Every sense has suddenly become acute, hearing and vision suddenly pin-prick sharp. Crouching a few steps above him, I look down, swallowing around my dry throat. Is he…?

He lies there, oddly still, limbs at awkward angles. His eyes are closed, lashes dusting his pale cheeks. His face is strangely serene, as if he’s sleeping.

Nervously, I step down to the next stair. I rest my hands on my knees and lean over. There’s no movement from him. His chest doesn’t rise or fall. I let the back of my hand rest in front of his lips.

No breath.

Quickly I pull the hand back and cover my mouth. I should be crying, should be letting the tears fall for my childhood friend. But they don’t. Instead I feel empty. There’s no emotion, no anguish. Just nothing.

Sitting on the step, I pull my knees to my chest and hug them. Resting my head on top of my knees, I stare down at his body. He’s gone. Dead. But finally at peace. The demons will no longer haunt that head. I don’t know where his spirit has gone, but quietly I pray. Pray that it’s gone to a better place than this Earth

Sniffing, I lower myself to the final step and crouch beside him. There’s no words to be said and I’m sure that the tears will come later. Will come when I have to face his family. The family that we both hated. I’m sure that they will wonder why their son died and his fucked up friend survived. But they’ll never know. Never know that I took my revenge and threw him down the stairs.

“Jeffrey! Make sure you look after Bill. Promise me Jeffrey! Because if I find you’ve let him down…”

Fuck! My mother always did think a lot of choir boy Bill. Always fell for the innocent green eyes and cherubic smile. And now I’ve let her down. I’ve let the one person in this world who believed in me, down. Sighing, I place my head in my hands as the first of the hot tears slips from my eyes. I feel so ashamed of myself. I’ve let everyone down. Let my mother down. Let Slash down. And let Axl down.

Closing my eyes against the body at the bottom of the stairs, I whisper, “I’m sorry…”

“Why?” a voice asks.

My eyes snap open and I look down. My heart pounds and I nearly throw up.

A bloodshot green eye is cracked open and looking at me. Axl screws his face up and lets out a moan.

“Izz,” he moans. “Everything hurts.”

I sit in shock, trying to gather my thoughts. Suddenly the adrenaline hits me and I turn.

“Slash!” I yell up the stairs. “Slash, call 911!”

Instantly I hear a crash and the quiet murmurings as my lover falls from the bed and picks up the phone. I look down at Axl, eyes still wide, partly shocked, mostly terrified. Terrified that he’s still alive.

“What h-hurts?” I stammer.

Axl moans, top lip curling. “Everythin’. Everything hurts.”

Slowly I nod. Had he been dead? Had he been dead and the Devil rejected him, sending him back to torment me? Or was he just unconscious?

“Don’t move,” I whisper. “For God’s sake, don’t move.”

Axl twitches and I take it as a nod. Hugging my knees, I slowly rock back and forth. For a few short moments, I thought we were free, thought we’d gotten rid of him. In the background I hear sirens scream and my eyes snap back to Axl.

He’s going to hospital so we will be free. Free to make a break for it…
Sign up to rate and review this story