Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Monsters

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-09-06 - Updated: 2008-09-06 - 814 words

0Unrated
Chapter 19- Monsters

Drake had to settle for our method of hunting. After we had each had enough blood we ran back to my house.
“It’s 11:30” Drake states to Lucile as we walk through the front door.
“I still have half an hour” She says stubbornly
Evander is waiting for us in the living room.
“How did you go?” he asks walking over to me.
“Fine” I reply
“Then why do you have blood all over your shirt?”
“Hunting”
“It’s vampire”
“Misunderstanding?” I ask hopping he takes this explanation
“Alright” He says leading me towards the couch.
Amie and Wade are still chained to each couch, they are sleeping for the moment. The house has been getting so crowded. Lucile sat on the floor while Drake sat in an arm chair with Raven in his lap. I sat with Evander on the same couch as Amie. Drake checks his watch once more. He frowns slightly.
“So, Lucile why are you out this way?” Raven asks
“Amber led us this way we haven’t stayed in one place for a while.” Lucile replies
We all sat in silence the only noise is the steady beat of Amie and Wade’s hearts. Amie’s breathing becomes less steady as she stirs from her peaceful sleeping state. Her eyelids flutter open and she whimpers softly. Wade is still asleep. I turn and smile warmly at her. She looks at me confused then her attention turns to Wade. Her eyes widen. I tap into her mind to hear her thoughts.
Oh no, they killed him. He looks so peaceful. Monsters!
I listen quietly to Amie’s thoughts.
“We didn’t kill him, he’s just asleep” I assure her softly
Her eyes widen further (if possible) at me.
“I can hear your thoughts” I explain
She sinks back into the couch. I sigh and lean against Evander’s arm. My eyelids drooping.
“Lucile” A trill voice calls from outside.
Lucile sits up straight then jumps to her feet. The voice is familiar but I can’t pick who it is. Lucile throws the front door open and leaps at the unsuspecting person.
“Ow” the person mutters as they both hit the ground.
Lucile is carried in by Jasmine her older sister (also a vampire).
“Hey” Raven says cheerfully to her as she enters.
“Hi” I say
“Hello” Drakes says
Evander looks at the new stranger as she drops Lucile and stands over her protectively while growling at Evander. Drake interrupts by clearing his throat.
“Why is there a werewolf here?” Jasmine demands still glaring at Evander.
“Because it’s my house” I say wrapping my arms around him.
“I’m confused” Jasmine states sitting down next to Lucile.
“Hi I’m Evander” He says politely even though every inch of his body is itching to tear her apart.
Jasmine simply nods.
“Where have you been all this time?” Lucile asks
“Around, I just needed to get my head together.” Jasmine replies hugging her sister.
Drake’s watch alarm sounds.
“Midnight” Drake says softly but Jasmine’s arrival messes up our plans.
“What happens at midnight?” Jasmine asks
“Lucile was suppose to return to Amber” Raven replies
“Is that who you have been stuck with?” Jasmine exclaims at her sister
Lucile nods.
“I’m sorry I left you” Jasmine says pulling her sister onto her lap cradling her.
“It’s alright” Lucile assures her.
“I’m so sorry” Jasmine murmurs
How many more people are going to come?
“Well I’m back now so you don’t need to have her lead you any longer” Jasmine says to Lucile softly.
“Can we get out of here that smell is starting to get to me?” Lucile asks
“Of course” Jasmine is already on her feet. Lucile is still in her arms.
“It was good seeing you” I say smiling
“You too, take care” Jasmine says before running out the door with Lucile.
“That was, interesting” Evander says
“I agree” I say
Amie is sitting there, a little dumbfounded by what just happened. For her human senses that was just a blur of movement and talking. People speaking to quickly for her to comprehend.
“That reminds me” Drake starts
“I was thinking that Raven and I could head off shortly” He continues
“Yeah ok well your welcome to stay as long as you want” I say stretching slowly on the couch.
A small smile threatens to play across Evander’s lips. I drop against him silently warning him to keep a straight face.
“I’m going to head off to bed now” I say getting up
Evander stands up and walks with me to the bedroom.
“Night” I call over my shoulder.
I have changed into my nightwear and crawled up next to Evander on the bed. He wraps his arms around me. I sigh as my eyelids drop.
Sign up to rate and review this story