Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Phone

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-09-06 - Updated: 2008-09-06 - 683 words

0Unrated
Chapter 20- Phone

~Dream~

Jason is smiling menacingly from across the small dark room. My eyes struggle to see in the nearly non existent light. Vampires have no trouble with the dark it’s light that is hard. What is happening. I am confused and disorientated. Jason has crossed the room. His arms are marked with scars. I shudder away from him. As I try to stand my knees buckle under me. I am so weak. He just shakes his head at me as he kneels down to stand me up. I wince as he grabs my arms. I look at my arms to find it covered with bruises. That shouldn’t be a vampire doesn’t bruise. I try to get out of his grip but I am so weak not just tired and beaten weak but human weak. How can that be?
“Human?” I manage to mumble
Jason pulls me closer nodding.
“Yes that was quite a stunt you pulled, trying to kill me.” He says with a smile.
I squint through the darkness at him.
“Now you are mine and you will pay.” He hisses in my ear.
Jason turns with me in his arms and walks towards the door. I am just dragged along unable to do anything else.

~End Dream~

My eyes snap open suddenly. Evander has his arms wrapped around me. I shiver runs down my spine as images from my dream come flooding back. Well it wasn’t a dream and definitely wasn’t a memory. The only other option is highly unlikely. I haven’t been able to predict the future for fifty years. That couldn’t have been a premonition, could it? Evander is staring at me intently with a frown creasing his brow.
“I’m fine” I assure him
He doesn’t stop frowning, I guess neither of us are convinced. I sigh and get out of bed. The room is dark. I can hear Raven and Drake talking to each other quietly. Evander gets up and walks with me out to them. The room falls silent as we enter. Raven and Drake are sitting close to each other on the floor. I sit on the ground across from them and Evander sits next to me.
“What’s happening” I ask hesitantly
“We were just discussing were we are off to next” Raven explains
“We?” I ask
“Well I have grown to like Drake’s company” Raven says smiling at Drake
“I’m going for a run” Evander announces jumping up and running out the door.
Silence follows at we all just sit on the ground this is broken by Evander’s howl. I lay back. Amie groans as she wakes up. I guess these humans have overstayed their welcome, I must put it on my to-do list to get rid of them. I am stirred from my thoughts by a low droning noise. It is the vibrate on someone’s phone. Drake and Raven are aware of it as well. It is neither of their phones. Amie frowns at our sudden behaviour and Wade jumps. It is his phone. His eyes open then he shuts them again. A moment later realisation hits him and his eyes shoot open. With wide eyes he examines the current scene. Three angry vampires are closing in around him as a second phone we didn’t find. Fear fills the air. I grab the phone and read the caller, SLAY-MAN. I shake my head at the name. Then flip the phone open.
“Hey man” A gruff voice says on the other end of the phone.
I hold the phone to Wade.
“Reply” I demand softly
“Hey”
I bring the phone back up to my ear.
“I just heard of a fight at a well known vampire bar, I’m heading out that way now” the voice continues.
I hang up not really bothered by what this stranger has to say.
“Wow it takes a whole 12 hours for them to hear any news on what is happening in vampire news,
I thought they would be quicker” I say.
Sign up to rate and review this story