Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Irony

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-09-10 - Updated: 2008-09-10 - 1468 words

0Unrated
Chapter 21- Irony
(The writing in italics is thoughts in Drake’s head)

Well from this call we know there is a high chance of increased slayer numbers in the area. I throw the phone to Drake. He might destroy it or monitor it for slayer activity. Shouldn’t they have also found Jason’s body? Maybe it is just slow slayers. Raven leans in against Wade. She cups her hand under his chin and tilts his head back. His neck is now exposed to her. Drake and I return to sitting on the floor across from each other. Her fangs glide easily through the soft skin of his neck. Wade grits his teeth against the pain. Amy screams. Evander comes in the door and looks around tensely. He relaxes when he sees the screaming is because Raven was just thirsty. Evander comes and sits next to me as Raven stops drinking. I rest my head against Evander’s shoulder as he wraps his arm around me. Evander’s arm around me brings back the images of my dream last night. I shudder and Raven sits next to Drake both are watching me carefully. I block my mind from both of them as I fell they are trying to get in. It is hard to keep the shield around my mind against Drake because he is so much stronger. As Drake and I silently battle for the access into my mind Raven pulls Wade’s phone from Drake’s hands.
“Whose phone was ringing?” Evander asks
Raven points at Wade. She is trying to be quiet so she doesn’t interrupt Drake or I. Evander looks at me concerned for my sudden concentration; he looks across at Drake and sees he is also concentrating.
“Just give me a while to think,” I say slowly to Drake
He frowns then stops trying to get into my mind. I sigh and slump against Evander, fighting for privacy in your head is tiring.
“What just happened?” Evander asks
“Drake was trying to get in my head” I reply softly
“What?” Evander says angrily
“It’s fine” I assure him.
“How can you not be angry with this?” He asks loudly glaring at Drake
“Mind your own business dog” Raven spits through her teeth
“Calm down” I say
Raven frowns at Evander as he just hugs me closer to him. Drake gives me an apologetic look. There is always so much drama in my life. I sigh as the warmth from Evander’s body rolls across me. His scent is no longer an overpowering stench that would cause a gag reflex if I could gag; it was now a rich woodsy scent which is delightful. I wonder if I smell disgusting to him. What will I do today? There isn’t much for a vampire to do really. Some get a job in a human town others if they are turned young enough go to school. Then there are those who are in covens and serve the leader. I’m not much for the idea of having someone leading me and not being free to roam as I please. School or a job wouldn’t really work for me because the only ones who do that are vampires that have decided to go against what they were naturally intended for and only feed from animal’s blood. My theory for what vampires were intended for was to keep the human population from growing too large because every other creature has something above it on the food chain except humans. They are sometimes killed by animals but they aren’t a food source for anything but vampires. Drake tries once again to get into my head this time I let him hopping that I have filled my head with enough theories and trivial matters to bury the dream. I watch the thoughts he is pulling from my head. A few of the dreams about the first night I saw him and a thought about disposing of the now useless slayer and his girlfriend. He has found that dream about Jason. I sigh as he comes closer concerned. Evander tries to keep me in his arms and away from Drake.
“It’s fine” I say to Evander
“Dog this is important” Raven says.
She doesn’t really know what is going on but she knows if it makes Drake react this way that it is important.
“Did you see anything else?” Drake asks in a low voice
“No that was all I have”
“Was it just a memory?”
“No and it was too vivid for a dream”
Drake sits motionless deep in thought. I now enter his head.
This can’t be. How could he live through that? We all witnessed his death. Annabelle has never let anyone live once she decides to kill them. Who would have power to pull that off? Jason isn’t strong enough for it. I have to do some research into this but my information is the other side of the world and Annabelle might be in danger. That premonition shows that Annabelle is captured by him so we must make sure she is never on her own for that to happen. There goes the plan of Raven and I leaving to live together or at least for now. That premonition doesn’t show how far away that is. It could be within a week or in a decade but it means that we can’t be reckless. Annabelle is so dangerous with luck like hers. Firstly she has angry Vivian then finding Amber’s clan who wouldn’t mind to sell her out to demons and slayers now this.

Raven has been listening to this whole thing and has dug the dream up from my mind.
“Bell it is amazing how dangerous you really are” Raven says
Evander is completely oblivious to anything that has just happened. All he knows that every few seconds some ones facial expressions change. He just waits patiently for someone to fill him in.
“Wait how did he get you human? Is there a cure?” Drake says out loud
“There must be but who would know of such a discovery or even how to reverse vampirism?” Raven says
Both are now talk extremely fast and in low voices humans ears can’t hear a word they’re saying it just sounds like they’re humming to them. Wade is now alert after hearing about a cure. He is struggling to hear but he can’t. The conversation is no longer interesting to me all I can think about is that Jason is still out there. There is a knock at the door pulling all of us from our thoughts. Evander gets up to answer it. We hear the front door open then some growling. The rest of us jump up and rush to the door. Evander has Amber against the door frame and the other vampires from his coven are about to attack. I clear my throat and everyone turns to look at Drake, Raven and I.
“Evander please release Amber” I say
“She started it” He stands behind me and wraps his arms around me.
“I just hope you got a good hit in” I say softly in his ear so the others can’t hear.
He smiles. Amber looks furious and disgusted.
“Why do you keep such pitiful company?” Amber asks no one in particular.
“Can we help you with something?” Drake asks
“Well I was hear for Lucile after you stole her from me.”
“She isn’t just an object she has free will and we didn’t do anything to her. She came here of her own accord then Jasmine came back” Raven hisses angrily
“Oh you actually speak” Amber exclaims
Raven snarls and crouches down ready to attack her. Drake puts his hand on her lower back and she straightens up.
“You’d better keep her on a leash” Amber says to Drake
“What you came for isn’t here so leave” Drake says calmly
“ Fine, as you wish” Amber turns and walks away.
“It was nice seeing you” Grace and Beth say together
Grace and Beth are identical twins and are always speaking in unison or finishing each others sentences. I relax slightly as the group disappears into the trees. Now they know where I live and can tip anyone off.
“Drake can Evander and I stay at your mansion for a while?” I ask after closing the front door
Drake thinks for a moment then agrees.
“We leave tomorrow night” Drake announces
We all nod then return to the living room. It is an ironic name seeing as vampires are technically not alive and this is the same room Wade and Amie will die in.
Sign up to rate and review this story