Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

First Day of the New School

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-09-11 - Updated: 2008-09-11 - 1384 words

0Unrated
Chapter 23- First Day of the New School
(Italics are all in thought)

I got changed into some fresh cloths from my new wardrobe and go downstairs. Drake has waited patiently while the rest of us looked around the house. He has some blood packs in his hands. I groan as I see them. Blood is so much better fresh, warm and pulsing around a victim’s body not stored in a plastic bag stone cold.
“I know but I’m just being cautious because we are going to be around humans all day” Drake explains to me and Raven who has just come in.
We all force down the blood. After that we all head outside to a car Drake has bought. It is a 79 metallic-black Toyota Celica. The only problem with this car was that it only has two doors. I sit in the back seat with Evander as Raven seats in the passenger seat and Drake drives.
“We should all keep our minds linked while at school” Raven says as Drakes starts the car.
“Alright, where do we say we came from?” I ask
“San Francisco” Drake replies
“And are we all family?” I ask
“Well that dog looks nothing like us,” Evander growls as Drake talks “so you could say we are all brother and sisters except the dog who is a cousin or something”
We all agreed on this story as we pulled into the school parking lot. All the humans around were staring at us, they are so easily fascinated.
“Remember to keep your minds open to each other” Drake reminds us before getting out of the car.
Evander and I get out of the car and all of us walk to the office. Drake manipulated the secretary’s mind so that she put us all in the same classes. We got our schedules and maps of the school. It is a very small and basic school. The human’s thoughts were so annoying as we walked to home class sometimes being able to read their thoughts isn’t a good thing. They were all thinking about us, I can’t help but mention once again how easily fascinated they are.
“These human thoughts aren’t very exciting” Raven thought
“I think I’ll have a headache from it by the end of the day” Drake thought
“Well you seem popular with the boys Raven” I thought
Drake frowned as he saw just what all the boys thought of Raven.
“You’re not that far behind Bell” Raven thought
“I think they should just keep it in their pants” Drake thought
Raven and I started laughing as we entered home class.
“Don’t like the competition” Raven thought
“It’s not fair for the humans because I am so out of their league” Drake thought confidently.
We took a seat up along the back row. Most of the students had turned in their seat to stare at us as the teacher tried to get their attention. Finally they turned back to face him.
“Good morning class today we have some new students, would you like to introduce yourselves?” He asked us.
We all just shook our heads.
“Oh okay then well I’m Mr. Michaels.”
He prattled on for another half hour as Drake, Raven and I had conversations in our heads. Poor Evander was left out but that can’t be helped. He sat very patient. I’m happy Drake chose this town because there is no sunlight at all today. Finally we were let out of this boring class. The next class was just as boring but this teacher was constantly calling on us. This wasn’t a challenge for Drake, Raven or I but Evander wasn’t able to just search the teachers mind however he is amazingly intelligent. Not that I’m not surprised because he is able to keep up with all of the conversations Drake, Raven and I after our decades of existence. I am pulled from my thoughts by Evander nudging my shoulder. The teacher just asked me a question. I quickly search the teachers mind. Let’s see she is having roast beef for dinner, she suspects her husband is cheating on her and the answer is 52.
“52 Miss” I answer
“Correct” she says completing the simply math question on the board.
The bell rings freeing us for 20minutes from classes. All students collect their books and leave the class. We have been carrying our bags everywhere because the school is too cheap to pay for lockers. It can’t be that expensive to buy lockers because there are only 800 students in the school. As we explore the grounds we find three vampires and a few different demons that are attending this school. The vampires eye us suspiciously as we walk past. During our look around the school grounds we find a massive tree providing a lot of shade. It is away from the humans as well. We all sit down together with 15minutes of the break left.
“I’m bored of this school already” I announce
“Get over yourself going to school with give you something to do during the day” Raven says laying her hand in Drake’s lap.
I’m about to respond when the group of vampires we saw walk up to us. The boy with them looks at Evander confused. Here come the stupid questions.
“A werewolf?” He asks
“Very good” I coo like I’m talking to a four year old.
Drake glares at me for a moment as well as the boy and I just shrug. It was a stupid question.
“Sorry about her but yes that is a werewolf, will that be a problem?” Drake says
“No it’s just we’ve never seen a vampire so close to one yet here she is in his arms” The boy says
We all sit silent just looking at each other for a moment.
“Hi, I’m Charlotte nice to meet you” One of the girls say holding their hand outstretched to me.
I take it and smile.
“I’m Annabelle and this is Evander” The girl nods
“I’m Drake”
“I’m Raven”
“This is David and Chloe” Charlotte says
“Pleasure” Chloe says quietly from behind David.
The bell goes and we grab our bags, dust ourselves off and walk to class. The other group walk off quickly.

Once we finished another three classes we had another break but this one was an hour long. We relaxed in the shade of the tree again silent. The group of vampires walk up to us again.
“May I ask you something?” Charlotte asks
“You may” Drake says
“What do you feed on?” David asks forcefully
“Human” Drake replies
All of them growl as their eyes turn red.
“Is that a problem?” Raven asks
“We don’t appreciate your kind” David says crouching down into a hunting stance.
Raven sinks into Drake’s arms. Charlotte comes to her senses as a football bounces past and a boy runs after it coming close to us. David and Chloe quiet down. All of their eyes return to a deep violet colour I’ve never seen before in vampire’s eyes.
“Are we to believe you only drink animal blood?” Drake asks calmly but softly so he isn’t overheard
“Yes beasts” David hisses
Charlotte is a lot calmer about this and Chloe is clearly angry but is very quiet where as David is making it known of his outrage. David must be very self centred.
“Why are you here?” David demands
How can someone make me want to punch them in the face by just speaking normally they have to do more. His voice is something I can add to my list of things-I-hate-about-David. The list is growing very quickly.
“We liked the town and needed to move from ours because humans were getting suspicious of us for not aging.” Drake explains calmly
“Your not welcome murders” Chloe hisses then steps back behind David
“We won’t kill anyone in this town” Drake assures them.
David sits down and Chloe follows his actions hesitatingly.
“There will be ground rules if you want to stay in this town.” Charlotte says as David and Chloe settle themselves on the springy grass.
Sign up to rate and review this story