Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Ground Rules

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-10-08 - Updated: 2008-10-08 - 984 words

0Unrated
Chapter 24- Ground Rules

“First of the rules are that you aren’t to hurt anyone within the town limits” David stated and we all nodded.
“Second, you are to do nothing to even hint what all of us are.” Charlotte says calmer then David
“Of course and are we to believe you will do the same for us?” Drake asks
“Yes” David answered
David is such a demanding twit; wow another thing to add to my list.
“May I just ask why you have a werewolf with you?” Chloe asked softly from behind David
“We are obviously nothing like any other vampires you’ve met, Evander and I are a couple” I reply calmly despite my outrage at this demanding group.
Evander feels the same way about me as I do for him, right? Great now I can add making me doubt me to my list. Raven has been listening to my thoughts and suddenly laughs as I look at my massive list. Everyone turns to look at her.
“Sorry, that kid up there got hit in the face with a soccer ball” Raven mumbles still chuckling
Chloe gives her a strange look as David and Charlotte continue to prattle on. The bell rings freeing us from their ear bashing. I jump up and so does everyone else. I’m not happy to go back to class but I get to be away from these idiots. We walk quickly to our next class. History is my best subject (or at least would be if I payed attention) because I lived through most of the events they teach. We got to class just in time but there were only three seats together and another at the front left row. I took the seat separate to the others. Without looking at who I was seated next to I open my notebook then started talking with Raven in my head.
“Only 2 hours left until we leave school” I cheer in my head
“I thought you liked this class” Raven comments
“I don’t like any of these classes” I retort
“Too bad you’re stuck next to him” Raven thinks
“Who?” I ask
I turn my head to see none other then David’s smug face. It’s just my luck the only class where I am separated from the others and I have to sit next to him. I curse under my breath and turn away.
“Don’t you like me?” David asks in my head
I turn and scowl at him closing all my memories and thoughts off from him.
“Why would you think that?” I ask sarcastically
“I’ve done nothing to spark this hatred”
“You’ve done that annoying thing… you know”
“What?”
“That, talking it is so annoying how does it not drive you insane?”
“Some find it charming” He thinks back as he sits up straighter grinning
“Some are silly mortals”
He frowns at this comment.
“Why do you find them so silly just because we are terrible monsters and they aren’t?” He asks serious now.
“What do you find so brilliant about them? We have heightened senses, more strength, we are faster and immortal. They get old, have dull inaccurate senses and are unaware of the world that surrounds them.” I explain
“They don’t have trouble with blood lust, aren’t as territorial as vampires and can live long, happy and fulfilling lives” David argues
“Weren’t you ever taught to not play with your food?” I ask
“They are life not just food”
“Animals have more sense then them”
“Class has ended” Rave says in my head stopping our argument
“Good day” I say grabbing my books and leaving the classroom.
Only one class left. I walk beside Evander.
“A disagreement with David?” Raven asks smiling
“Yeah” I reply as we walk down the hallways to our last class.

The last class of the day has finally ended and we are free to leave. I thought about buying a car as I sat in the back seat. Drake’s car is too cramped with all of us in it. Once we got home everyone went their separate ways in the house. We all have a tonne of homework that the teachers loaded on us but I’m not concerned I have all night to do it. It is recommended that vampires sleep but it isn’t vital. Once the sunsets I’m going to go for a swim. I might as well kill some time doing homework for now. I sat in the living room with my English homework. Raven went past a few times, no idea what she is doing. I hear a car door shut then a group of people walk up to the front door. Who could that be? I sigh and dump my books on the coffee table then head to the door just as the door bell rings. Four women are standing at the front door. I can see their blood pulse under their skin and hear their hearts beat.
“Welcome wagon!” A woman says enthusiastically holding a decorated basket out to me.
“Hi” I smile taking the basket then shutting the door.
“How rude” I hear a woman mutter
“Kids these days” another says
I leave the basket on the kitchen bench then return to my homework. Drake comes down the marble staircase.
“Who was that?” He asks
“Why expecting someone?” I ask smiling.
I look up from my work and he clearly isn’t amused
“Just the town’s welcome wagon” I reply.
“You weren’t rude to them were you?” He asks smirking
I pretend to be hurt by his question, put my hand over my heart and gasp.
“Me, being rude. Don’t you know me at all?” We both start laughing
I return to my work as he returns upstairs to whatever he was doing earlier.
Sign up to rate and review this story