Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Unpleasant Surprise

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-10-08 - Updated: 2008-10-08 - 1394 words

0Unrated
Chapter 25- Unpleasant Surprise

I had just finished all of my homework as the sun set. Now the fun can begin. I went up to my room and found a bikini. It was black with blood red drops. I found a towel and went downstairs. It appeared that everyone else had set a movie up in the cinema room. I hung my towel over the fence then dived in the pool. The water was ice cold. I swam a couple of laps. The night’s air was rolling in and the temperature was dropping. I relax in the water when I felt a presence. On the roof I heard the faint noise of a footstep. I looked up to find David standing on the patio roof. He smiled back at me as I frowned.
“Had to make sure you were trustworthy.” He explains jumping down from the roof
“How long have you been up there?” I ask
“Since you all got home” He answers calmly.
David rolls his jeans up and sits down at the pool edge. He slips his feet into the water.
“Nice house” He comments
“Thanks” I suddenly splash water all down him.
He kicks water at me but it does nothing because I’ve already soaking wet from swimming. I just grin at me as a few drops of water roll down my face.
“Are we trustworthy then?” I ask sitting on a step in the pool.
“I don’t know. There is this one really shifty character with you that you may know; she has long black hair and a werewolf for a boyfriend.” He says smirking.
I just want to punch him when he smirks like that.
“Are you sure she is with us?” I ask making it look like I’m in deep thought.
“I’m pretty sure” He replies
“I’ll keep an eye out for her” I say.
He laughs and lays back looking up at the sky.
“What?” I ask
“Are you always like this?” David asks between laughs
“Yeah” I reply.
He closes his eyes as I silently swim over to the side of the pool where there is a bucket. I grab it and fill it with water as I swim to where he is lying. The bucket is full of pool water and I dump it all over him. He sits up shocked. I am laughing hysterically; I guess he didn’t expect that. Evander comes outside.
“What’s so funny?” He asks
“I… just… soaked… David.” I say still laughing hysterically.
David is sitting there still shocked. Evander looks at him frowning.
“What is he doing here in the first place?” He asks opening the gate and coming into the pool area.
“Spying on us all” I explain
Evander frowns at David who has just recovered from the sneak attack.
“Come for a swim with me” I say to Evander
“Sure baby”
Evander throws his shirt towards the fence. His chiselled chest exposed. He dives in and surfaces next to me.
“It’s freezing” He gasps
“I didn’t notice” I say embracing him
“I’m out of here” David announces standing up.
Water drips off his as he begins to run back to wherever he lives. Evander has me wrapped in his arms. Suddenly he smiles and goes under the water effectively dragging me down with him. He resurfaces because he needs air. I laugh as I splash him.
“Splash fight?” He asks me sceptically “I wouldn’t do that baby” He warns
“Why not?” I ask splash him again
“Because I am the master of splash fights” He says thrusting his chest out proudly.
I splash him again and he splashes me back.

In the end he won and we both got out of the pool. It was now 11. Drake and Raven hadn’t come out at all. I had a towel but he didn’t so I dried off then ducked inside to get one for him. We both were dry as we walked inside hand in hand. Drake had Raven on his lap and they were making out as we walked into the lounge room. We quickly walked off to find somewhere else. I lead Evander up to my bedroom. He must have been so tired after nearly three days without sleep. I grabbed my pyjamas and got changed in the bathroom. When I came back in Evander was already asleep in my bed. I crawled up the bed and snuggled up close to him.

I was awoken to the sun pouring in the blinds and an agonising burning feeling all down my legs and arms. I hissed and tried to escape the sun but only fell off the bed. As least I’m not in the sun anymore but I hit my head. Evander sits up growling but looks at me on the ground rubbing my head. He laughs then shuts the blinds for me.
“Thanks” I say standing up and dusting myself down.
“That’s alright” He says coming up and hugging me.
My skin is bright red and my powers are slowly returning.
“Shall we go downstairs madam?” he asks holding his hand out to me.
“Two seconds” I say ducking into my wardrobe and finding an outfit.
I raced into the bathroom got changed and was back at his side. He had his watch out and was counting the seconds I took. Evander shakes his head at my time.
“Two point five seconds” He says
“I tried” I say raising my hands
“Shall we?” He asks motioning to the door
“We shall” I say looping my arm through his.
We walked downstairs to find Raven sitting in Drake’s lap and both of them looking at David. “What is he doing here?” I ask Raven in her head
“He said last night you invited him for breakfast” She answers
“He needs to have his hearing checked” I say
Evander and I take a seat on an empty loveseat.
“Morning” David says cheerfully
I just nod. All of us are silent.
“Terrible weather” David says
“Indeed” Drake replies
“We are staying indoors today” Raven informs me
I nod in acknowledgement
“Breakfast?” Drake asks me
“Yeah”
He throws me a bag of blood. I wrinkle my nose in disgust.
“Why are you here?” I ask David opening the bag
The smell fills the room and all of our eyes go red in blood lust except Evander of course.
“You invited me for breakfast” He says confidently
“Actually I dumped a bucket of water on you” I retort
“I took that as an invitation” He explains
I drink from the bag forcing the cold stuff down. The taste is never the same unless it is fresh.
“Leave and you should also so get your ears looked at if you thought I invited you” I say
“I would love to but I forgot an umbrella for the sun” he points out
“Do I look like I care?” I ask
“Yes”
“Not only do you need your ears looked at but you need glasses” I say
I drink some more blood trying to calm myself down but it has been a while since I’ve been able to have a good argument with someone.
“I think you need to find a heart”
“What would I do with one?”
“I think they are used for compassion”
“Not sure how that whole compassion thing works”
“You should try it sometime”
“It won’t be anywhere in the near future so don’t hold your breath”
“Not planning too”
“Good”
“Aren’t you going to be a good hostess and fixed me some blood?”
“Alright, I think we have some human blood”
He frowns at this.
“You’d probably poison it”
“You’re right”
“I think I’ll pass then”
“Suit yourself”
He hasn’t got any more remarks to say. Yes! I win! Me two, him zero. I feel like doing a victory dance but I won’t. I finish the blood bag and get up to put it in the bin.
“Bin?” I ask Drake
“In the kitchen” He says pointing in the general direction
I find the bin and then head back to Evander. We have the whole day to do what we like. I guess a sunny day has its perks. Actually I have an idea.
Sign up to rate and review this story