Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Freak Show

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-10-08 - Updated: 2008-10-08 - 1405 words

0Unrated
Chapter 26- Freak show.

Today could be useful in developing some more of my powers. It is possible for vampires to have many powers that they don’t know of. I only use 4% of my powers. My hobby is to strengthen my powers and develop new ones. Drake knows this so he probably had a training room built for me, I hope. I look at Drake and he nods.
“The basement was changed for your use.” Drake says
I clap my hands together in anticipation.
“You know where I’ll be for the day” I say standing up.
Raven is aware of what just happened but David and Evander watch me leave the room with a confused expressions.
“You want to see?” I ask Evander holding my hand out for him
He nods and gets up of the couch. Before he can reach out to take my hand David grabs it. I hiss at him then break his arm in three places. Evander kicks him in the side breaking three of his ribs.
“Don’t touch me” I hiss at him then leave the room with Evander.
David just spoiled my good mood another thing for my list which now has a total of 307 things. Evander hugs my waist pulling me closer to him. At least I got to hurt him.
“Don’t let him spoil our day” He whispers in my ear then kisses down my jaw line.
“Good kick back there” I comment.
“Thanks, now what did you want to show me?” He asks
“Come with me” I say
We walked together down to the basement. It is dark but too warm for my liking. I turn the air conditioner on that Drake has put in here, he knows me too well. The room has some high beams, a punching bag and a number of other objects. There is a small room leading off to the side. There a glass window looking into the room. Inside the room is nothing but outside under the window is a control panel with many different measurement of the room inside. Measurements like temperature and heaps of other things.
“Cool” I say
Evander is slightly puzzled.
“What’s all this?” He asks
“My training room” I reply
“Obviously but why do you need one?”
“My powers”
There are a few arm chairs at the side of the room.
“Take a seat I’ll show you” I say pointing at a chair.
He nods and once he is settled in the chair I begin with the first power I discovered. Telekinesis. There is a large marble ornamental ball obviously for this reason. I concentrate and the ball begins to hover off the ground. It whizzes around the room for a couple of moments then I set it back down in its place.
“Awesome” Evander breathes
“Here’s something new I haven’t quite mastered because I haven’t had the equipment to try it” I say beckoning for his to follow me. The small room appears to be soundproof and fireproof, excellent. There is an office chair at the control panel.
“Watch” I say to Evander as I close the door.
There is a speaker button in the room.
“Don’t get freaked out” I say through the microphone.
He nods confused. I take a deep breathe then clench my fists at my side. My fists begin to glow orange before my whole body is covered with an orange flame. I grin at Evander who is watching me amazed. His jaw is hanging open and his eyes bulging out of their sockets. I stop the flame then walk over to the microphone.
“What do you think?” I ask
He is snapped out of it and closes his jaw.
“Wow” he says into the microphone in front of him.
I smile and open the door leaving the room. He stands up and embraces me.
“You’re amazing” He says in my ear
The door to the basement is opened and Raven comes in.
“You haven’t destroyed the place yet” She comments
“Not yet” I agree
“Well are you going to show me what you’ve learnt since I last saw you?” She asks impatiently
“Sure grab a chair” I say returning to the room.
She pulls a chair up to the window keeping her distance from Evander. I spark the flames again letting it engulf me. I increase the power turning the flame from orange to blue. Then I try expanding how far it covers. I start with it less then an inch away from my skin to it filling the room. Eventually I pull it back then stop. Raven nods approvingly.
“Not bad” she says into the microphone
I then try another trick I’ve been working with, invisibility. Evander is looking at me then suddenly I disappear before his eyes. He looks around the room concerned and Raven sits there smiling. Neither of them can see me. I sit on the ground and I’m about to reveal myself when David comes into the basement. He is walking through the room towards the window. I smile.
“Time to have some fun” I mutter to myself.
I use my powers to grab a golf ball that is in the training room and throw it at the back of his head. He falls to the ground then jumps up looking around wildly. Raven looks at him and grins knowing what I’ve just done. He walks over the window and looks in. Raven is holding the speaker button for me so I can hear what he says.
“What are you looking at?” He asks
“An amazing show” Evander says his eyes still searching the room for me.
I haven’t tried this before but might as well try. I reveal myself to only Evander. He smiles at me. Raven still can’t see me neither can David. She looks at Evander.
“Can you see her?” She asks
“Yeah, can’t you?” Evander asks back
She shakes her head. I am struggling now with just keeping myself visible to him. This is as long as I can hold it. I let myself become visible. David’s jaw drops and eyes bulge out of his head, he looks so ugly like that only Evander can look handsome doing that.
“What the hell?” He says
I wave at him then do my flame trick again. The flames don’t even warm my skin but the paint in the room starts to peel. David jumps back in surprise and trips over I laugh causing the flames to falter. The flames slowly die back then I leave the room. Evander comes up to me and kisses me passionately.
“You’re amazing” He says pulling back.
“You’re a freak show” David says standing up.
I frown at him. I wonder if I can set other people on fire. He backs away a bit.
“Scared?” I ask smiling
“Yeah I hate freaks” He says
There is a medicine ball across the room. I use my powers to throw is at him. He is hit in the back. David scrambles back up to his feet cursing.
“What was that?” He asks looking around frantically
I laugh.
“I don’t like being called a freak show just because I’m better then you” I reply.
He looks down at the ball and back up at me.
“How?” He asks confused
We all just laugh at him. As he struggles to reason with what just happened. He eventually gives up and takes a seat in one of the armchairs.
“Raven have you trained since we last met?” I ask
“No I had Vivian to deal with” she replies
“Fair enough”
“What else can you do?” David asks from across the room.
I grin David will be a great guinea pig. This is one I haven’t tried on anyone before. It is mood manipulation it is easier to do to humans but David will do just fine. I concentrate on him. Suddenly tears overflow from his eyes and he begins to sob. I burst out laughing. Raven and Evander are amused but confused.
“What… did… you… do?” He asks between sobs while wiping the tears from his eyes.
“You wanted to se what else I can do.” I say pleased with myself.
This is going to be so fun maybe he does have his usefulness after all.
Sign up to rate and review this story