Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Remember Tomorrow.

The escape.

by darkviolet 24 reviews

I would never leave you.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-09-08 - Updated: 2008-09-08 - 1583 words

4Exciting
"Nothing here!," I closed the last drawer in Dr. Greg's desk with a loud groan, "nothing at fucking all!"
We made the trip down to my therapist's office as easily as we made it into the guarded ward but no visible results proved the trip worthy.

"Nothing here either," Gray frowned at the screen, his fingers dancing across the keyboard, "Viola Madeline Hart, right?"

"Yup," I tried another drawer I already searched, hoping for some bizarre drop of luck anyway.

"Are you sure?," Gray sighed, "Maybe it was a nickname or something?"

"Viola Madeline Hart, a nickname?," I chuckled, "Are you crazy?"

"Should I even answer that?," he caught my gaze and winked, returning immediately to the computer.

"Try Lola," I exclaimed, stopping my frantic search, "They keep calling me that. There's gotta be a reason, right?"

"Well, that's cause lollipops was the only thing you ate," he shrugged, "When you first got here. So they called you Lolly- Lola"

"Lollipops? What the hell?," I scrunched my face, "Try it anyway."

A minute of silence with only Gray's tapping on the keyboard and my possessed search through the 834309 files Dr. fucking Greg kept in his office, "Nothing. Anything else?"

"Ugh, I don't know," I rubbed my face. Anxiety and excitement and exhaustion were all mixing up in a lethal cocktail, "We tried every single thing I've been ever called in my life. Maybe it's not even my real name."

Gray glanced at the door, behind it, in the corridor the footsteps and the yelling were now more audible then 10 minutes ago, "I don't know, but we gotta go."

"5 more minutes, Gray," I begged, still rubbing my face, now more urgently, "Just gimme 5 more minutes to figure this out."

"We don't have 5 minutes," he shut down the computer, standing up, "It's one thing to be out of bed but if they find us here..," he trailed off, jerking his eyebrows to emphasize his point.

"So what?," I tried to stall. I didn't want to go down that road but I knew that if I had 5 more minutes, solution will follow.

"This is illegal, Vi," he sighed, looking around the office, "I'm not sure what they can do to an already hospitalized duo but I don't really want to find out."

"Jersey," my eyes suddenly popped out of their sockets as the simple 2 syllable word planted itself on my lips, "Jersey, Gray!"

"OK," he wrinkled his nose, "Ohio. Your turn."

"No," I exclaimed, throwing my arms in the air and stamping my feet, "I'm not playing! We gotta go to Jersey! That's where all the answers! Or new questions! Which ever it is, we gotta go there!"

"To Jersey?," he gawped at me, "To New Jersey?"

"Yes!"

"How do you plan to do that? We're in a institution, they won't just let us waltz out," he muttered, studying my face to see if he missed something important.

"You fucking broke into their system, you figure that one out," I shrugged casually, noting how the noise outside grew louder.

Gray looked disoriented again, but his now blue eyes were thoughtful. They darted around the room as if looking for a purpose and then suddenly snapping back on my exhilarated face, "Are you sure?"

"100 per cent. That's where we need to go!"

He bit his lip, scanning my face and burning his blue into my hazel for some validation that I actually believed this goose chase will take us somewhere, "We'll need to do this tonight, while they're still distracted."

"Tonight?," my face dropped.

He nodded seriously, "If you're sure, we can go right now."

I took a deep breathe before answering. It was so sudden, I wasn't sure I wanted my answers so soon, "Won't we need money?"

"I have my wallet on me"

From the moment it took me to nod it took us maybe 5 minutes to climb out of Dr. Greg's window into the cold night. There were shouts around the grounds and it seemed like the entire building was awake but the night was our savior, it covered us with darkness.
I would be a liar if I tried to describe how exactly it was, or try to recall the sounds or sights I've seen because I haven't seen anything at all from the time I landed in Gray's arms, climbing out the window, to the bright relatively quiet bus station.
My eyes were open but not seeing, my ears not hearing. The only things I knew were that I had to keep running and I had to keep close to Gray and that I was relatively safe while I was with him and that I was cold, but everything apart from that was a blur. A mix of sounds and fast glimpses of color.

"How you're feeling?," Gray sat next to me with two plastic cups, handing me one and wrapped his other arms around my shivering shoulders, "The next bus leaves at 5 AM, we have something like 4 hours."

I nodded, gripping the cup with both hands.

"I know you're cold," he rubbed my back, shifting closer to me, "But clothes stores are closed. I'll get you something in the morning."

"Do you have enough money?," I whispered.

"I wasn't planning on shopping," he beamed weakly before kissing my forehead. I closed my eyes at the sensation.
"Are you sure about this, Viola? It's still not too late to go back."

"I don't think there's another way," I said somewhat apologetically, staring at the cup, "I need to know and I don't know how to make it happen otherwise."

"OK," he simply nodded, sipping his coffee while rubbing my back gently.

"Why do you do this though?," I looked up at him, his eyes a clear grey morning now, "Is it the excitement?"

"Part of it," he admitted, "And I love you and I would never let you do this on your own"

"You're bossy," I stated, sipping my own coffee.

"Part of my charm," he nudged me.

"What do you love about me?," surprisingly enough I didn't blush and the question didn't embarrass him.

"I dunno," he shrugged, "You make me feel sane and like I can control my life and it makes me feel worthy."

"I don't like the sound of it."

"Of what?"

"Of you controlling shit," I relaxed against his comfortable warm body, "You're bossy."

He giggled, "Make no mistake, you can definitely kick my ass when you feel like it."

"Do I feel like it often?"

"Well, I try my hardest to be a good boy."

"Good," I nodded, feeling pleased with the obedient tone he used when describingme, "Weren't we engaged?"

"We are," he stressed the present tense, squeezing my shoulder as he spoke.

"Then why don't I wear a ring?," I wriggled the fingers of my left hand, stretching them in front of us.

He chuckled, " You had a tendency to throw it at people when they didn't agree with you."

"I did?!," I was mortified at how nuts it sounded.

"Yeah, particularly at the staff," he giggled to himself, "You used to aim at their faces. They didn't appreciate it much."

"Mmm," I murmured unhappily, "Do you still have it?"

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a medium sized ring with a little pointed Gem.

I was disgusted with myself, I could've easily poked someone's eye out, "Can I try it on?"

"It's yours," he beamed, taking my hand into his and slipped the ring on. I admired it for a few moments, my chest squeezing painfully. Somehow subconsioucly I always thought that Gerard of all people would be the one to slip a ring on my finger. I dunno why, we spent most of our days fighting and screaming at each other but after I realized how much I cared for him, I sort of always knew it was a just matter of time.
The thought was hurting me, I was glad I had no memory of Gray proposing or any memory of our relationship.

There was a pause in the conversation when I started drifting into disturbed slumber, feeling his arm around his shoulder and my head lolled on his chest, "Say, this Gerard guy..."

I immediately tensed at the mention of Gerard's name and I didn't like the tone he used. Lily's words echoed in my head again. He's here for a reason., "What about him?"

"You loved him?," he watched me closely with his eyes analyzing every movement.

"I think I did," I murmured.

"You think you'd want to leave me once we find him?," his voice was weak and had a pleading edge to it.

"Wouldn't you want to go with me if I did?," I lowered my head back on his chest, scooting closer. Partly to distract him and partly to stall for time. Say I do find Gerard, and say I do get my answers. What then? I just march back to the hospital, knowing I wasn't as crazy until my next episode. And say, Gerard doesn't even exist...Then what?

"I wouldn't leave you," Gray's voice snapped me back.

I smiled, "Thanks"

"I would never ever leave you."
His whisper was the last think I remember before giving in to the numbness the darkness brought.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So sorry guys I didn't get to respond to all your comments personally but I barely had time to post it at all.
Thanks everyone, and all these of you who are craving MCR, two words: Next Chapter!
Sign up to rate and review this story