Categories > Original > Romance > My Behest

The obsession

by bambi4real 0 reviews

(M/M slash) rated for future chapters. This is a story of unrequited love, and not always wanting what you have. Rayne Phelps may be unattainable but Edward Mason never said he didn't live with his...

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-03-06 - Updated: 2006-03-07 - 572 words

0Unrated
The Obsession

There he was Rayne Phelps. The god of Beavercreek High. All the girls wanted him all the boys wanted to be him and I wanted to be his. His hair was the unique cornflower yellow that few mortals possessed. His eyes oh don't make me get started on his eyes, such dazzling sapphire orbs that compelled the observer to forsake God, Country, and soul. My friends told me I made too much of him, but being so low on the high school food chain of popularity what was there left but dreams and hopeless aspirations? Rayne sauntered down the hall totally oblivious to my guileless adulation completely immersed in horsing around with Christian. Christian Holt was Rayne's avenging angel and staunch supporter. The two had been inseparable since elementary school. Where Rayne was Christian was sure to be near. Where Rayne was not intentionally cruel to us peons Christian seemed to take sadistic pleasure from torturing and maiming the less fortunate. It was rumored that he had put Carlos Rivera in a wheel chair for having sat with Rayne for lunch. Of course the claim was never substantiated and Carlos Rivera was never a registered student at our school at anytime. I checked. Hey a guy's got to look out for himself. Oh what I wouldn't give to have Rayne's arms wrapped around my shoulders right now instead of Christian lapping up all his attention.

"Hey dumbass, are you listening to me or have you slipped into another Rayne induced coma?" Colin murmured. Colin Stolz was my best friend. At 6' even he towered over me and tended to be somewhat of a mother hen. He knew of my Rayne obsession in fact everyone knew, yes including my mother. I figured if Colin was calling me dumbass, my mouth must have fallen agape again. Dumb jaw!

"Huh? I was just wondering what the Roach had planned for Trig, since the Nazi's already stole her idea of gassing." I reply a smirk on my impish face. The Roach otherwise known as Miss Hocker was my most hated and feared teacher. I swear that woman carried a whip somewhere on her body with her patent leather boots.

"Yeah, don't I know it. Alright that is about all, I think I got everything. Let's hit the road jack!" Colin said as he slammed his locker unnecessarily hard. I flinched. We went to first period and took our seats in the back of the room.

It was usually reserved for jocks but with little to no jocks in Algebra first period, being that they were such great contributors to their community and as such deserved a break, we got their seats. I preferred to sit in the back because this way I could sit and stare at Rayne all period long and no one be the wiser. The Roach began lessons as usual and I tuned her out as usual idly doodling on my notebook. When the bell went off I stopped all movement ceasing for a brief moment as the reason for my being in school at all came. Rayne stood with a quick gyration of his slim hips allowing his beautiful behind to dance momentarily before my unwavering gaze. Ahhh, these were the moments one lived for. Colin never really fazed by my rampant homosexuality calmly handed me a tissue to dry the drool off my face. Now there is a considerate friend.
Sign up to rate and review this story