Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Nobody Cares If We're Losing Ourselves

Free from Bars, Not From Questions

by NotWavingButDrowning 3 reviews

One month later.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Published: 2008-09-10 - Updated: 2008-09-11 - 625 words

1Original
Jaime was sitting in her cell – not sleeping, sleep was out of the question – a month after her arrest. Things weren’t looking good. Not that she’d let herself have much hope to begin with, but the little she did have was officially gone. If Gerard was out there, why on earth was he taking so long?

There was a light tap on her cell door and she looked up through the bars to see Dan, the day shift guard, unlocking her cell. She didn’t ask and he didn’t answer. She glanced at the clock on the wall behind him, already knowing that it would read 4pm. That was the time Bob always showed up.

Since she’d gotten here someone from the group always came to visit her, every day, four o’clock. Frank came that first day, since then she’d been visited by everyone in the band, the manager Frank had argued with on the phone, Brian, and even once by Gerard’s wife, Lindsey. That had been awkward. But quickly those she wasn’t as close to stopped coming. After the first two weeks it was only Frank, Mikey, and Bob. Now it was only Bob.

She didn’t blame them for not coming. She wasn’t exactly glamorous company these days and she hardly knew them. Why keep showing up for a total stranger? The people she wished were here – Beth and Tyler – they thought she was missing. Or dead.

She followed Dan the guard through the familiar hallways. They passed the window to the visitor’s room and she saw Bob in his familiar place. But when they got to the door, Dan continued right on past it. Jaime followed, confused. Dan grabbed a pile of something off the counter opposite the door and handed it to her.

“You’re free to go. Good luck.”

Jaime stared at him, dumbfounded. “Sorry?” she asked.

“They found the Evans girl. She’s fine, just ran away. So all charges are dropped. You’re free to go.”

With a whispered ‘Thank you’ Jaime took her things from Dan and walked, bewildered, towards the door where Bob was now waiting for her, beaming ear to ear. Bob held the door for her as she walked unsteadily through it. Slowly things started to sink in.

“They know I didn’t kidnap her.”

“Yes,” Bob agreed. “They found her, Jay, she’s fine.”

“So I’m alive?” Bob nodded.

“And I’m ok?” Another nod.

“But who am I? Who’s in my body? Is it Gerard?”

Bob shook his head and looked down. “We don’t know. He hasn’t tried to contact us. We haven’t been able to get near Jaime, what with the press and all that.” At the panicked look in her eyes he added, “We’re working on it, we’ll figure it out I promise. Good news is you’re cleared. The rest will follow.”

Jaime nodded. She wanted to argue. To ask how the rest could possibly follow when everything was so backwards. But she held her tongue. Taking her frustrations out on Bob would solve nothing. Instead she put her energy toward puzzling over the questions that loomed overhead.

Who was in her body?

If it was Gerard, why had he not contacted the band? If it wasn’t, who could it be? What is she was still in her own body, if there were now two of her? If that was true, what would she do? If that was true, why did she disappear?

If it was Gerard in her body, how would they switch back? Was it even possible?

Would she be stuck like this forever?

Could she ever go home?
Sign up to rate and review this story