Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Nobody Cares If We're Losing Ourselves

Jail Time Blues

by NotWavingButDrowning 2 reviews

Jaime in jail.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-09-05 - Updated: 2008-09-06 - 803 words

0Unrated
The cell was unusually comfy – the perks of celebrity, Jaime guessed – and somehow she just couldn’t get up the will to be scared. It was all so irrelevant. Gerard didn’t kidnap Jaime, so either her body was out there, in which case this would all clean itself up quickly, or it wasn’t in which case Jaime didn’t really care what happened, her life would be hell either way. She just didn’t think she could possibly get used to the rock star life, in jail or out of it.

A guard opened her cell door and entered, then escorted her to the visitors’ room. It wasn’t those walls of phones that you see in movies, it was just a large room, filled with two and four person tables. If not for the guards lining the walls it could have been a high school cafeteria.

She glanced around the room, looking for the familiar face that would be the reason she was here. Frank was sitting with his back to her at a two person table, far from the other parties in the relatively empty room. The guard pointed her towards Frank.

“You’re a popular guy, we had at least half a dozen people wanted to come in here and talk to you. And that’s just on the approved friends and family list, the fans are camping outside. We could only let one in though, per visiting session. So they sent that one.”

She nodded and walked over to sit across from Frank while the guard took up his position against the wall.

She smiled as she sat. “Sorry about this,” she said as she sat down.

“Why are you sorry?” Frank asked, confused.

“Well I’m new to this rock star stuff, but I’d imagine your lead singer getting arrested is what they call bad publicity.”

Frank smiled. “Honestly, there’s no such thing as bad publicity. Sickly enough, this will probably only make us more popular. Besides right now it’s exactly the publicity we need.”

Jaime made a face at him. “What? Been out of the papers too long? Just let me know which misdemeanor you’d prefer next time you need a sales boost.”

He laughed. “That’s not what I meant. I meant if Gerard’s out there he’s bound to hear about this. He’ll be here in no time.”

“Oh.”

He laughed again as Jaime blushed, an odd sight on Gerard’s pale features. In an attempt to subtly change the subject Jaime asked, “So why do they think I did it?”

Frank shot her a look, but thankfully let it go. “Well apparently you were out late,” he looked to her for confirmation and she nodded.

“At your concert,” she offered. He paused.

“Really?”

“Yeah, why?”

“I thought you weren’t a fan.”

She blushed again. “I’m not really, but Beth won two tickets, so…”

Something dawned on Frank’s face. “I know you…” he trailed off, lost in thought. “Beth, I remember her that night. You two were at the meet and greet after the show.” Jaime nodded. “You’re the quiet girl Gerard was talking to. Well that explains a lot.”

“That explains what?”

“Nothing.”

“Frank!”

“It’s just a hunch, if it pans out I’ll let you know.” Jaime growled in frustration, but the look on Frank’s face told her he wouldn’t budge. Not yet.

“Alright, so I got home late…” she prompted him.

“Yeah, and your brother didn’t hear you get in. He wakes up next morning, bunch of your stuff is missing and Gerard’s number is in your room. Brother figures you met some guy and ran off. When you don’t answer any of his calls he freaks out, calls Gerard, you answer. Ba da bing ba da boom. They call it a kidnapping and you end up here.”

“So if Gerard is in my body chances are he woke up, freaked out, packed some stuff and left. He never answered the phone because he probably doesn’t even know who he’s supposed to be.”

“We figure that’s about what happened.”

Jaime leaned back in her chair, thinking. A long moment went by before Frank broke the silence. “You seem awful relaxed for someone who just got arrested.”

Jaime scowled. “Yeah, well, practice makes perfect.”

Franks looked at her quizzically, but was interrupted by the guard before he could ask.

“Visiting time is up,” the guard bellowed. Jaime nodded and stood.

Frank grabbed her into a tight hug. Before he let go he whispered to her, “We’ll find him, piece of cake, I promise.”

Jaime nodded into the embrace, then pulled back and let the guard lead her back to her cell.
Sign up to rate and review this story