Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'd Walk Through Hell For You

Pride

by Foxtrot 3 reviews

Third Chapter, First Battle, First Sin.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-09-12 - Updated: 2008-09-12 - 1133 words

0Unrated
Yay! Chapter 3! Rate and Review please, tell me to stop or to keep going!
- Foxtrot
-----------------------------------------------
They walked for hours and hours on the dirt road. Lilly could not get any more information about this strange place or Gerard. He just kept telling her “You’ll see. You’ll remember things after each sin you defeat.”. She pouted, she wanted her questions answered. They walked in silence for a very long time before Gerard stopped her.

“Are we making camp here?” she laughed and sat down.

“No, You don’t need to sleep here. You have work to do.” he said, lending a hand to get her back on her feet. She groaned, but stood and looked at him.

“Then why did we stop here?” she asked, getting somewhat annoyed.

“We’re coming up on the first battle.”

“What? But I don’t even know how to fight or anything! What do I do?” she asked in a worried voice.

“Well Sugar, I can’t tell you much because these are your battles to fight, but I can help you a little bit. You have to resist all temptation that this sin will present to you. You have to not give into this sin. Don’t worry baby, you got past this one all nine times, this bitch is easy.” he laughed.

“Wait, you can cuss? I thought you were an angel or something.”

“Angels can fucking cuss too you know. But I‘m not an angel. I‘m just your guardian”

“Are there angels?” she said hopefully.

“I know you want there to be angels, and there are, just again, not really what you were thinking. You’ll see later. Angels are crazy.” he grinned

“I never would have guessed.” she sighed. He seemed to know so much about her, but she did not know anything about him.

“Okay, let’s keep walking.” Gerard said, looking into the dead trees. Lilly nodded and continued to walk by his side. After a short while, they came to a place where a part of the trail branched off from the main trail. A few feet into the smaller trail was a clearing. Gerard led her into the clearing and stopped.

“Are you ready sweetheart?” he asked. She was afraid, but she nodded. “Then on with the show. Pride,” he called out in a stern but calm voice.

As soon as the words flew from his mouth, Lilly could hear a slow and steady laugh. It seemed to come from everywhere and it got louder and louder until she fell to her knees and covered her ears. The laughing echoed in her head until all of a sudden, it was silent. Lilly looked up and saw a little girl standing before her. This little girl looked very familiar, and as the girl stepped closer, Lilly could see why. The little girl was her.

Lilly stood and looked at the girl, and back to Gerard. This was Pride? But this was herself, maybe around age ten or eleven. She looked at the little girl again. “Well, aren’t you a cutie?” she said laughing. The laughing was put to an end quickly when Pride delivered a blow to her stomach. Lilly yelped and backed away. “You little shit!” she said, looking back to Gerard for advice.

“Don’t worry babe, you had a lot of humility in all of your lives, this is why Pride is so little.” he called.

“I am not little!” Pride cried, stamping her foot.

“You’re a nasty child,” Lilly hissed, holding her stomach.

“I may be nasty, but I’m the best at everything. Remember when we won the coloring contest? Kristen was so mad she didn’t win, remember how great that was?”

“No, I don’t. I think everyone did a good job, now that I look back on it.” Lilly countered, trying to get a rise out of the little brat.

“But remember when we placed in the science fair, everyone else’s work was so stupid, but ours, we were the best!” she said, slightly agitated

“That was in third grade. Grow up a little, they weren’t judging how scientific we were, they were seeing if we actually did the project. Everyone placed.” she retorted. Pride looked worried.

“How about that time we, um, how about when we ..” Pride stumbled, grasping at straws.

We were never that great. We were AWEFUL at everything! Don’t you remember? Huh, do you remember Pride? We lost every game, we lost every contest, we never did anything quite right, don’t you remember?” Lilly hissed.

Pride was shaking. “But n-no, we were good, weren’t we? Yeah, we were…oh..” she said quietly, looking distraught. “Weren’t we good?” she whispered, looking up at Lilly.

“No. We were never good.” Lilly said in a calm voice. Pride looked as if she were about to cry. She began to shake violently and put both hands on her ears before letting out a bloodcurdling scream of agony and anger. Lilly’s hands shot up to her ears as well until there was a bright flash of light, and Pride was gone.

Lilly fell down on the ground and landed on her butt. Something was nagging at her in the back of her mind. She remembered doing this before, seeing little Pride all huffy and annoyed. She remembered Gerard being there, and a boy with reddish, fluffy hair. She remembered fighting Pride with a dagger as the two boys looked on and watched the battle.

Gerard jogged over and helped her up off the ground. “Sugar you were amazing! I haven’t seen you fight her in a long time, but let me tell you, it’s always a treat!” he said laughing. He pulled her into a hug while she stood rooted in the spot she had fallen. After a minute she finally spoke.

“I had a dagger last time.” she said softly. Gerard smiled, she was regaining her memories. “I was the same age too. That’s weird. Who was the red headed boy?”

“You’ll find out more soon, Sugar, don’t worry. Come on, we need to keep moving.” he said, pulling away from her and walking back to the path. Lilly looked back into the forest as she followed Gerard. She saw two shadows move in the trees, and quickly ran to Gerard’s side before looking back.

“Gerard there is something…” she said, trying to turn him around. She looked back to where the shadows were, but there were no shadows to be seen. She looked back at Gerard who looked very worried.

“Come on Doll, let’s keep moving.” he said quietly. She turned and followed him farther down the lonely dirt path.
Sign up to rate and review this story