Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'd Walk Through Hell For You

Gluttony

by Foxtrot 4 reviews

Gluttony makes an appearence. Lilly finds out more about her past with Gerard.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-09-13 - Updated: 2008-09-13 - 889 words

3Original
Hi everyone! Hope you are enjoying the series. Rate and/or Review to tell me if I should keep going or stop. Thanks again!
-Foxtrot
------------------------------------------------
“What are those things in the trees?” Lilly whispered to Gerard. He grimaced and looked ahead on the path.

“Sugar, just don’t think about it. Just don’t give up and stay near me alright? Stay were I can see you and they won’t get you.”

“But what are they?” She asked again looking at him. She willed his eyes to meet hers but to no avail.

“Let’s keep walking.” he said quietly. She walked beside him silently and kept her eyes glued to the forest. She did not notice the next challenge looming ahead on the trail.

“Sugar, take your eyes off that forest and onto the path. You have to focus,” he said, using his fingers to gently turn her face back to the road. “Your next challenge is up ahead.” he said softly.

“Which challenge is this?” She asked him.

“I’ll tell you when we get there. If I say it out loud it will spawn right here, and this is not the place for it.” Lilly did not hear him, she had a far away look in her eyes.

----------------------------------------
“But how do I defeat it if I don’t know what it is?” she asked impatiently.

“That’s for you to figure out, baby. I know you can get this. Are you ready?”

“Do I have a choice?” She asked in an indignant tone.

“You could always give up and just sit here and wait for them.” He said looking off into the trees. “I know you don’t want that, and I never want you to get hurt.”

“Alright, let’s go.”

“That’s the spirit, Sugar.” he said and pulled her close to him. She smiled and wrapped her arms around him. The leaned in close and…

-----------------------------------------

“Are you ready?” he asked. Lilly shook her head trying to come back to reality.

“What?” she asked, looking up at him. She stared at him in disbelief for a moment, did they almost just…?

“I said are you ready baby doll?” he said looking down at her with kind eyes.

“Oh, um, yeah, sorry.”

“Alright, here we go. Gluttony.” he said in a commanding voice. Nothing happened.

“Gerard…what is going…”

“Give it time.” he simply stated. As soon as he spoke the ground began to shake. Lilly fell into the dirt but Gerard stood strong. They both watched as a house spawned from the ground before them, rising up from the dirt and standing like a monolith before them. Lilly gasped at what she saw. “Gerard…that’s my house.”

“Kind of. That’s gluttony’s domain. He will use your own home to put you at ease and fall for his traps. Sugar, do you know what the opposite of Gluttony is?” Gerard asked, helping her off the ground and brushing away the dirt on her pants. She thought for a moment and replied, “Something like…moderation?”

“Temperance,” he corrected. “But you are right, it’s pretty much the same thing. I can’t tell you much more, just be careful and don’t do what I wouldn’t do.”

“You aren’t going with me?” she asked, she did not know if she wanted to go inside without him.

“I can’t go with you, it’s your house made of your sin. At least it’s a small house right? Just go through each room and come out of the basement door. I’ll meet you on the other side.” he said and led her to the door. She reached for the handle and pushed the door open. She waited until Gerard had gone around the side of the house before stepping in. She walked into the living room and was met with a cloud of smoke. She coughed and went to open the door to ventilate the smoky room, but the door would not budge. “Leaving already? But the party has just started.” said a voice in the smoke.

Lilly coughed again and waved the smoke away from her face. The smoke scene finally dissipated and she could see a figure sitting on the couch. The figure was tall, but looked mal nourished and emaciated. He held a cigarette in his left hand and another in his right. He stood up and she could see just how skinny he really was. She could see every bone that was not covered by his dark blue jeans and black t-shirt. His red hair fell into his sunken eyes. He looked like her, but male and disgustingly skinny.

He sauntered over to her and touched her face, smiling. She pulled away and looked at the bag of bones that stood before her. “Oh come on, don’t be scared. You made me this way…” he said quietly.

“What do you mean?” she said quietly. She didn’t take her eyes off of him for a second.

“I am the physical manifestation of your appetite. All those time you did not eat, all those times you denied food, or threw up after a meal, you let me waste away.” he said sneering at her. “Now it’s my turn to torture you.”
Sign up to rate and review this story