Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thriller

One day, Robots will Cry

by -ThisXSecretXNinja- 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-09-14 - Updated: 2008-09-14 - 3199 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Goodnight,” I said somewhat raspy to my wonderful caretakers as I made my way into my room. Stepping inside, I quietly observed the details of the room that I’d failed to acknowledge earlier in my outburst and confusion. There were satiny black curtains covering the windows. There was never too much light in this place; that was certain. There wasn’t any carpeting but this place seemed to be temporary so it’s not like I planned on judging the lack of warmth. In fact, I kinda liked the dreary interior because it coveted the warmth inside of all the misery. ‘Not too shabby,’ I thought approvingly as I laid ‘my’ pajamas onto the bed. It was weird because I was kind of being forced to wear Jess‘s clothes because I wasn’t allowed to get clothes from my place. Even if I was, I couldn’t lead them there. It’s like a graveyard there and they’d probably abandon me right there. How suspicious is a hundred dead bodies in a abandoned post office? Seriously, Bill needs to clean up after himself once in awhile. Stupid vampires… The images of the dead residue in the office faded into my head and I shivered underneath the blanket I was wrapped in. The room felt colder as I shook the blanket off of me and slid the black turtleneck top over my tank top. Sighing, I questioned myself with a hint of regret, ‘What have I gotten myself into?’

I slid into bed as I leaned over to click off the light. The room was pitch dark except for the bit of light that shone in from the crease of the door, that I’d failed to shut all the way. Lying there, I stared at the ceiling, too dark for me to see anything else as I tried to fall asleep.

But as my eyelids sunk drowsily into a comatose state, a whisper cut like glass into the silence. In fact, it sounded more like thousands of whispers, all echoing against the concrete floor, gradually going louder and louder. Sitting up alertly, I whipped my head around to look for the source of this supernatural encounter. But the answer came in a swoop of fire as a little piece of paper erupted from the flames and floated down onto my lap. It lit up in the dark as the familiar calligraphy burned across the paper clearly written,“Don’t be afraid to lose yourself in the moment. It won’t last long anyway. Sincerely, William

As soon as the words became clear, they vanished as the note burned to ashes in my hands, leaving no trace that it ever existed. I gritted my teeth furiously. I hated him so much but there’s nothing I could do to save these people from the terrible fate that Bill had planned from the beginning. My name is Amber Beckett. I couldn’t hide that forever. They’d find out soon enough...

That’s it. I could not let myself get attached to anyone in this household. No one.

Suddenly, a hand reached over my mouth and I screamed. The hand was cold but turned warm at the touch of my skin. A loud and harsh “SHHH” came from the person, whom I immediately recognized as Pete. I didn’t make another sound, for fear he’d get angry. My experience with Bill had taught me never to piss off a vampire…too bad I had a big mouth.

Dragging me down the cold hallway, he brought me to his chamber with no further explanation. His room was lit dimly with a florescent light bulb dangling loosely from the ceiling. The room was absolutely freezing as my skin prickled with goosebumps. There was a chair sitting below the light bulb in front of a coffin. There were candles lit randomly around the room...He must‘ve planned this earlier...

He planted me into the chair strictly before tying me up with a rope. Rolling my eyes, I fought the urge to say something ruthlessly sarcastic. By the time he finished the knot, stepping backwards, he spoke lowly, “Welcome to my one-on-one interrogation. I ask the questions and you answer them. Got it?”

I stared at him blankly before slipping the comment I’d planned for earlier, “I think you’ve been watching too many movies. Is all this exaggeration really necessary?”

He chuckled mutely to himself before answering, “Just let me have my fun, okay?”

“Oh fine, have it your way then. I’ll be your obedient crime suspect if you‘ll stop being so cliché,” I smirked while looking around at his scented candles. I think it was worth a grimace at his ‘role-playing’ attempt to get answers out of me. But little did he know, he had another thing coming.

“This is serious, Amber,” he said deeply, making each hair on my neck stand on end as he said my name with a full grace. I swallowed nervously, wondering what was so important that he had to drag me out of bed for it.
“Fine, get on with it then,” I muttered impatiently. He took that as his hint to get serious as he was about to ask his first question, the bags under his eyes being the only thing I could see on his face as he admitted, “I know more about you than you think I know. But while you’re here, I might as well get you to be honest. So, won’t you explain to me why you were in that alley at that particular time of day?”

I swallowed hard, hoping that he wouldn’t discover the slight panic in my eyes as I retorted an attempt to divert the subject to himself rather than at me, “Only if you tell me how you became a vampire.”

He shot a hard glare straight at me, my skin feeling as hot as if someone were shooting a million daggers at me. Obviously, I hit a weak point.

“You have no right to know about that, now just tell me the truth before I have to dig it out of your head,” he growled, his glare never lifting. I swallowed and answered, realizing that I was being rude and that I really shouldn’t push Pete to his limit because he wasn’t human- which meant he could easily invade my mind...which would be BAD.

“Okay,” I sighed before admitting, “I was meeting my brother so we could talk about some private business.”

I hoped he wouldn’t ask any more questions about what ’business’ was, but maybe he’d back off that subject. His stare loosened up a little and he asked, “Do you know anything about who attacked you?”

I bit my lip nervously, the answer encased in my mind, and lied falsely like a naïve girl, “No, fill me in on what you know about them.”

His stare had faced the far wall behind me now, since he was standing up. He then sighed and answered in a low snarl, “William Beckett.”

The way he hissed the name itself was enough to terrify me. I shivered as my face grew hot with paranoia as I remembered William’s cocky smile and black eyes. I’d never forget those eyes…

“We’ve been after him for years…” Pete continued to say, his eyes glued to the floor. I stared at my feet shakily before finding the nerve to ask, "Exactly who are 'we'?"

"We're...uh, wow. I just realized we don't have an official name," he chuckled cutely in a way that made his teeth not look so scary. He almost comes across like a normal human when he smiles like that. Almost.

Pete’s smile faded away though as he stared down at me, sitting helplessly tied to a chair. He tied me to a fucking chair! It’s not like I’d run off screaming bloody murder. It was just him. It’s not like he was that scary. Okay, maybe he was just a little bit. But still, I scowled at him bitterly as I squirmed underneath the ropes, which were now burning my arms.

Pete stared gloomily, lifelessly, towards the dark corner of his room before surprising me with what sounded almost like an apology, “I didn’t mean for it to be like this...but I have something I’ve been wanting to say to you since I first saw you...”

My eyes grew huge as I struggled to take in exactly what he was trying to say to me. Could it be...

“You see, I kinda...knew who you were before this because I...” he stuttered blankly, as if trying to figure out how to word it. He paused abruptly before rubbing his face with his palm tensely.

“Yeah?” I pressed, curious to why he looked so uneasy all of a sudden. But right when he went to say something, the door burst open and an angry Patrick burst into the room, wearing only boxers as his white legs glowed through the darkness.

Patrick looked flustered as he shouted, “Pete, the alarm in the lab went off! We’ve got company outside the hid-" he paused when he saw me tied to the chair, "what the hell is going on here?”

Pete stood deathly silent, flabbergasted from the intrusion as Patrick rolled his eyes and muttered, “We’ll talk about this later.”

Then he ran out hurriedly leaving Pete and I remaining awkwardly quiet. I laughed out, “Caught in the act.”

He sighed before untying my ropes sheepishly. As my arms were freed, I asked hastily, “What were you going to say?”

Pete exhaled a huge sigh before shouting a frustrated, “Forget I said anything!” and disapparating into thin air. Standing up alertly, I ran to the hall to find Jess and Andy running out of their rooms. Stopping them, I shouted, “Hey, what can I do?”

“You’re not doing anything,” Jess retorted, sending a fierce glare my direction, “You’re staying here like a good girl and not attempting to leave! You got it? Cuz’ if you leave, you can bet that I’ll hunt you down and force feed you your internal organs in alphabetical order!”

Andy shot a wide-eyed stare at Jess before playfully asking, “Did you just make that up?”

Jess chuckled and said, “Yeah,” before they pranced down the hall excitedly. Once everyone had disappeared and the house was empty, I sprinted towards the living room window to watch the event unfold. What else was I supposed to do while they went and fought vampires?

I stood up and watched to see a vast amount of vampires compared to the five hunters standing now fully dressed as they stood small against the pavement. The vampires moved so fast that it was hard to tell if they were winning or losing. But then Pete appeared out of nowhere, throwing back four vampires into a building without even touching them. His eyes glowed fiercely as he ripped out a stake and hurled it at a vampire that had knocked Patrick into a mailbox. The vampire exploded into dust as Patrick hopped up holding his ribcage from the blow. Picking up the stake, Patrick started sprinting towards Jess, who had around ten vampires pummeling her into the ground.

Once he was there, he held the stake firmly, staking it through each vampire, ripping it out and moving on to the next like a psycho until there were nothing but ashes around her. Wow, the short guy had maaaaad skills.

She hopped up and mouthed a “thanks” before proceeding to kick the ass of a vampire that had gotten a hold of her throat.

Meanwhile, a large muscled beast of a vampire lunged himself at Joe who was busy prying a vampire off of his leg. Realizing the extreme danger radiating off this scenario, he knocked the vampire off his leg by kicking the large guy in the stomach, which shot a stabbing pain through his knees, judging by his fatal expression.

Crying out in pain, he forcefully grabbed the guy by his ankles, knocking him onto his back, where Joe hovered over, and staked him through the heart blindly.

The guy exploded into dust and Joe’s eyes rolled to the back of his head, fainting after he looked down to see a bone sticking out slightly underneath his kneecap.

Andy witnessed this, and cried out, “Joe!” as he ran over and identified his friend’s injury before pulling out a vial containing a lime green concoction. Pulling the cork out, he poured some of it into Joe’s mouth before putting it back into his satchel.

While witnessing this scene, my blood boiled furiously. Knowing that I’d get anxious only watching the action unfold, I turned away from the window and walked backed to the place that would become my room...

There were shouts of glee as the gang filed back into the hideout, some of them plopping tiredly onto the couches while the rest went to Patrick’s experiment room, ignoring the lack of presence from their vampire friend who disappeared from the scene, locking himself in his chamber.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrick, it’s been a week...and you said if I had any issues to report but...I still don’t think we should be keeping her here anymore. She hasn’t done anything wrong but...I have a bad vibe coming from her. I-”


“Shhhh, I understand your concern but Pete insists that we should give her training. I don‘t know what’s going on in his head but I know he‘s hiding an important piece of info from us.”

Pete curled himself into a ball as he held himself in the darkest shadow of his sleeping chamber. With eyes shut, he absorbed the private conversation going on in the other room between Patrick and Jess. They were definitely right, he thought to himself. They were onto him and it’d only be a short amount of time before they found out...especially if Amber were to become a member of the team.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Pete!” she screamed, the amount of panic in her voice sending the most petrifying sensation across his body. He turned to see her body crashing hard onto the pavement, collapsing into a ball of flesh. His barely beating heart halted to a stop and for a moment, it felt as if his veins would explode.

And like that, the power inside of him burst out in a wicked flame and his self control barrier snapped. Picking up a parked vehicle, he hurled the object at the creator of this tragedy, only to find himself face to face with the man himself.

“Goodnight, Peter,” his voice rang ending with a flash of light as the car crumpled to the ground echoing loudly.

My eyes forced themselves open and all I could hear was a horrible screech echoing across the room. My body grew cold as my sweaty skin became exposed to the night air. Goosebumps rose from the chest and all over as I sat up and took a couple of deep breaths to try to clear my head.

And with that, I forced my eyes shut again exhaling a loud growl as I plunged myself back into the darkness of my coffin.

“Just go back to sleep,” I told myself as I slipped back attempting to fall into a sleeplike state. That is...until a voice cut through the silence.

“Pete,” Jess’s familiar voice sounded across the room. Her voice sounded calm despite the circumstances as she neared the side of my coffin, “Can we talk?”

“We are,” I emitted lowly, a pinch of sarcasm in my voice. I could see her roll her eyes through the dark as she huffed, “You get what I mean.”

“Go on,” I said seriously. She nodded and bit her lip as if she were trying to find the right words to say but ended up simply stating sternly, “You lied to Patrick. You told him the nightmares stopped. The man relies on what you tell him and you never tell him the truth anymore. What‘s going on, Pete?”

I exhaled at her sincerity and knowing of how well she knew Patrick. It was creating a sense of guilt deep inside this heartless form of mine.

“I want to,” I admitted thoroughly, “But I can’t. These dreams are getting worse by the minute and I just know they mean something but-”

“Pete,” Jess interrupted my ranting sternly, “I know you don’t think he understands you but he sure as hell tries. He’s closer to you than anyone in the world. Why can’t you trust him with this?”

“I...I...don’t have an excuse. You’re absolutely right,” I broke and sighed, “Did he say something to you?”

She shook her head and said wholeheartedly, “No. But I know it’s eating at him. I can feel it.”

“You mean you can dig in his head for answers,” I stated bluntly, correcting her “girly” description. You forget, she’s not full human you know?

“Shut up! You totally ruined that moment,” she spat bitterly before gazing shyly at the floor.

A warm feeling appeared in the pit of my stomach and I grinned consciously, “You really like him, huh?”

She continued to stare at the floor before muttering a discrete, “Mhmm.”

“That’s cute. Why don’t you tell him?”

“Tell him? That’s insane! I couldn’t...it’d ruin the working relationship we’ve established,” she stuttered nervously. Who would’ve thought that after all she’s been through, she’d be so worked up over confessing her feelings.

“It’s not like he’d reject you...” I mumbled, rolling my eyes at her teenager-like anxieties.

Jess stared distantly through me, imagining a corny romance scene in her head, that was about to make me gag.

“Eww, stop thinking mushy thoughts before I vomit,” I sputtered playfully before she sighed and said honestly, “I really don’t want to tell him. I’m just happy being close to him. I guess I have you to thank for that.”

She smiled warmly, her teeth glowed pearly white as she reminisced the past that we’d almost forgotten.

I chuckled nervously for the first time in forever, “Let’s not go over that story again.”

She smirked and said, “Don’t be foolish, Pete. I’m never going to forget it. I mean, after all, you’re the reason I got away from Beckett. You‘re a great friend, Pete. But you’re a terrible liar.”

I laughed modestly and answered, “You would’ve done the same for me.”

She rolled her eyes before emitting, “Well, you need your rest if you want your leg to heal so I’m going back to sleep. But don’t forget about our promise, okay?”

“Fine, I’ll talk to him,” I growled before sinking into my coffin and falling to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story