Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thriller

Y'all with the Vampire Squad

by -ThisXSecretXNinja- 1 review

The training sessions begin

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-11-02 - Updated: 2008-11-02 - 1185 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Alright, I’ve never really trained anyone before so I’m sorry if this isn’t easy,” Pete admitted as he handed me a couple of stakes. Pointing to the target clear across the room, he coughed and explained, “Basically, you throw the stake at the center of the target through the heart. Here, I’ll show you.”
He picked up a stake and allowed me to stand back as he used his whole body to send it flying across the room, nailing the target dead on.
I stared with wide eyes before exclaiming, “How am I supposed to do that?”
Pete sighed dreamily and walked over, keeping a few steps behind ne as he instructed me further.
“Try throwing it with your body, not just your shoulders. Like this,” he instructed as he firmly gripped my right arm before propping it into a straight position. He slightly slanted himself so his weight was on me. I could my heartbeat racing as a tingling sensation shocked my insides making heat rise to my cheeks.
“Don’t be such a girl,” he grumbled, taking a few steps back. Sighing, I knew it was evident that he’d noticed my hesitation to his touch. I couldn’t help it though. Rolling my eyes, I retorted, “Well, sorry to inform you, Pete, but I am a girl last time I checked.”
He rolled his eyes in disgust before returning his focus towards the target on the far wall.
Pete and I hadn’t had much direct contact since the first day I stayed here. It was like he was avoiding me but I didn’t really understand why. I just wanted to talk to him more. He made me want to know more about vampires. He was so mysterious…but how that intrigued me so.
There was a moment of awkward silence, agitating my thoughts until I pitched a question that had penetrating my mind.
“What’s it like being a vampire?”
Pete looked up, thoroughly disgusted to why I would ask such a trite question, but answered sensitively, while staring at the floor, “It’s like living in a nightmare. Everyday I wake up, and it’s as if I’m consumed by darkness because it’s the only way I can stay alive.”
I stared at the ground hollowly, before chucking another stake at the target on the far wall. I wasn’t really sure how to respond. His answer hadn’t quite been what I expected at all.
“It must be hard,” I whispered faintly finally after thinking it over; acknowledging the fact that getting turned is far from the exciting ambition that most humans are so arrogant to assume. Pete’s eyes lightened and his lips curved into what could appear to be a smile. Chuckling now, he replied, “Not many people say that. I guess, that’s calming to hear that someone has sympathy for a monster.”
There was silence for minute before I muttered, “I don’t think you’re a monster.”
Pete stared through me what seemed to me as possibly one of the most saddest look I’d ever seen. It looked like he pitied me for not reacting like every other person would. He didn‘t say another word about it. Instead, he turned around, his back faced to me as he ignored my comment and further instructed as he walked to the punching bag, “To be a good vampire hunter, you have to realize that all it takes is one wrong movement and your life is on the line. Vampires are much stronger than humans so you have to understand that your tactics must be dead on or else you could die.”
I swallowed loudly at his seriousness, earning a lighthearted laugh. However, he further explained, “It’s not quite that intense but if you’re going to throw some punches at a vampire, you better be prepared for consequences. The key is to not think about fear. Because thinking about the fear will keep you from staking your enemy.”
“I see,” I said, comprehending his words, “So, let me try to fight you.”
Pete rubbed his head skeptically and admitted, “I don’t think you’re quite ready to fight me. So, that’s why you’re going to practice on this!” before pointing at the punching bag with an overenthusiastic smile. I stared blankly at him.
He chuckled nervously before saying, “Okay, so we have a virtual reality helmet that will create random scenarios that we’ve faced. It’s just one on one combat so don’t use your stakes. Just start on this by throwing complete and straight punches at the bag. Feel free to add a couple of kicks too.”
I rolled my eyes and nodded as I put the virtual reality helmet over my head and took off my jacket.
As Pete turned on the virtual reality device, I found myself standing on an abandoned looking boat dock surrounded by a bunch of boarded boxes. As I looked around, I heard a loud screech coming from beside me as the virtual reality helmet turned its view towards the sound. The sound was so terrifying that my body couldn’t even react before there in front of my face stood the ugliest vampire I’d ever seen. At the back of my mind, Pete’s advice lingered in my thoughts.
The key is to not think about fear. Because thinking about the fear will keep you from staking your enemy.
I hurled a half-witted punch at it, expecting it to take critical effect. Except, it wasn’t even phased as it shot a punch at me nailing me in the face as the screen flashed red.
In reality, I could hear Pete yell, “You have to hit really hard!”
So, I sent a full blow to the jaw making it fly backwards. Pete chuckled and said, “Nice punch. But remember to throw straight punches or you’ll break your wrist.”
I nodded briefly before getting into my fight zone and kicking vampire ass left and right until Pete finally said, “Let’s give it a rest for today.”
Obediently, I pulled the virtual reality helmet off my head and heaved an exhausted sigh before looking up at Pete instinctively for the next lesson. Sending a sympathetic smile, he emitted, “I think you’re a little beat for today. Maybe we should do some more target practice tomorrow.”
“No!” I said urgently, as he grimaced a shocked look on his face as I lightly explained, “I… like practicing with you. I want to be able to fight by your side next time instead of sitting on the sidelines.”
His eyebrows raised but his tone remained the same as he replied, “You should really get some rest. I’d rather train you at your best than train you to death. Now go.”
I huffed a frustrated sigh as I did as I was told and left the room. Not even realizing the state of mind I’d left Pete in…all because of that question.
Sign up to rate and review this story