Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thriller

The Flashback

by -ThisXSecretXNinja- 2 reviews

Pete looks back...and remembers the terror.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-11-02 - Updated: 2008-11-02 - 2295 words - Complete

0Unrated
The very first time that I ever heard of vampires was on the night Beckett changed me. Before, I’d never even known they’d existed. I was just an arrogant human forced to live in the slums of a city that never slept. I didn’t believe in vampires or half-breeds or any of that. In fact, the thought never even occurred to me that there was any nightly activity going on other than going to parties and bums getting wasted on the streets.
I was so blind to the truth, it was hard to believe that I ever survived…up until that night. It was just another sleepless night and I was overran with insomnia. Tired of getting nowhere, I finally just stormed out of my apartment where I lived with my three band mates.
Little did I know, my life would never be the same.
The night glowed from street lights and fires built in random pits of abandoned buildings. Sure, it was a crappy neighborhood, but I called it home. Walking the streets wearily, I found comfort in the depths of an alleyway.
But this alley was not like the rest. Prior to approaching it, I felt something tugging at my insides, telling me to walk down the alley. Ignorant as I was, I argued my thinking that it must’ve been some sort of set up for some guys to mug me or something. But of course, that wasn’t the case.
I ended up going down the alley, despite common thinking. It felt like death itself was hiding in these walls. And that’s when they all came out of nowhere. Men in gray suits, and funny-looking hats. My first instinct was to laugh and make a snide comment about their terrible sense of fashion. But I swallowed my words, for as they grew closer, eying me mischievously, I noticed something wrong. They held no weapons of any kind, no guns, no knives. Just fangs that shone bright under the rays of moonlight. My body was frozen solid as the gut wrenching fear took a hold of me. Terrified, I tried to run away from them, greatly outnumbered against the mass group of minions. I couldn’t defend myself against so many.
And good God, they were fast as lightning.
A large sharp pain was emerged as one vampire struck a blow to the lower end of my spinal chord. It felt like I was getting electrocuted from the intense amount of pain throbbing through my system as I crashed to the ground.
Expecting to be mobbed the minions, I found it rather strange that the group cleared a way for one man. The leader.
Paralyzed from the pain, I crumbled as the man stood above me, watching me closely with a sick smile on his face. He bent down and rolled me on my back to face him face-to-face. For the very first time in my life, I was petrified. I was going to die. My thoughts ran wild.
He had black eyes that pierced through my thoughts, sending a hundred disturbing images of his victims corpses spiraling through my brains. The pain of his mind control was excruciating.
It was a diversion to keep my mind occupied while he expressed his loathe for such creatures who could not protect himself.
After moments of useless rambling, he grabbed my collar and whispered, “You can be resourceful to my army. You’ve got plenty of character. Will you join me?”
My mouth tasted of blood, but I shook my head in reply for words would not the answer.
“Then, I’ll make you suffer for eternity,” he spoke angrily as his vicious thirst overwhelmed him. He forced an open palm onto my chest, pressing violently, the pressure making a loud cracking sound.
An unrecognizable scream burst out of me as William opened his mouth wide and pressed his fangs onto my neck.
The sensation was indescribable. The second his fangs penetrated the flesh, my body went limp and cold but I could still feel my nerve endings spiraling throughout my body as I was slipping away from mortality. It fekt like my blood was on fire. I couldn’t cry out or move my body. But I remember thinking the words, “Please kill me,” over and over again in my mind.
My vision was charcoal black. I could not keep consciousness through the suffering.
When I opened my eyes again, the alley was cleared. But something was terribly wrong. My eyes bared a strange reddish tint and my surroundings were incredibly sharper than anything humans could comprehend. Everything was clear and baring colors I’d never seen before. The dark was grainier and excruciatingly vivid. Silently, I noted every single thing in the alley and nothing was dark anymore. As I stood up, my arms shook weakly and the burning sensation coursed through my veins like a thousand knifes were stabbing my body as my skin grew colder and colder.
I looked down to see my bloodstained shirt was glowing against the lightened night. There were sharp fangs protruding from inside my mouth and a dreadful feeling overcame me. My ribs ached but seemed to heal themselves after a few short moments.
Trying to remember what happened. That’s when the face of that long-haired smug bastard appeared in my mind. When I thought of him, my body pulsed with a ferocious anger and a roar escaped my chest. I’d never had a sensation like that. The thought of using it on others terrified me.
Through my ears, I could hear wolves howling from miles away and I could hear whispers and cries of countless people. It was a haunting sense.
These new feelings mortified me to the point where I couldn’t do anything else but run as far as I can. Somewhere I can hide and forget this ever happened.
Vampires weren’t supposed to exist…and now, I was one of them.
What would I tell the guys? And worse, how would they react?
My brain felt like it would explode if I thought about it any longer. I kept running, my body shivering as I came to a halt.
A tingly feeling startled me as I tried to figure out what the hell was going on. That was when I noticed a familiar group of vampires who’d attacked me earlier huddled around a van glowing in their large masses.
But I also noticed something else. There was a girl. She was fairly pretty, with dark brown hair, painted red lips, with a slender figure. She looked scared to death of these creatures surrounding her. Curious to know what was going on, I crept across the street and hid behind a large pole. I was a good ten feet away from them but with my new senses, their conversation was picked up loud and clear.
“We need no further assistance from the likes of you, mortals,” William spoke calmly grinning like the mad man he was. The girl was much smaller than the rest of that group of vampires so she wore a panicked expression on her face. She merely muttered, “You used me…”
“Oh! Aren‘t you the sharp human?” one of the male vampires sneered, whose name I soon learned was Brendon. He chuckled before William turned to him justly and commanded calmly, “Get rid of her.”
“How, boss?” Brendon asked obediently. William chuckled cruelly and stated, “Be creative.”
With that he disappeared in a puff of smoke.
Brendon then smacked her solidly across her face and a scream was heard as he knocked her to the ground and started beating her senseless. Brendon then grabbed her by the collar of her shirt and pressed her against the van and opened his mouth widely over her neck, about to take bite.
Instinctively, I stepped out without thinking up a plan or anything. I did the hero thing and now their attention was focused on me.
“Hey!” I shouted as they stood off of their initial victim and faced me, “Leave her alone.”
Brendon grinned thirstily and scoffed, “You’re the freak we offed earlier! What are you doing here challenging us? Shouldn’t you be running home and crying?”
I felt afraid as they all surrounded me surreptitiously. But the fear didn’t stop me from doing what was right. It all happened so fast. Brendon jumped at me and my vampire instinct took over.
I leapt high into the air over his head and tossed a punch at him. But man, he was quick. In a minute flat, he had me pinned on the ground as he taunted, “Welcome to the afterlife, noobie!”
Glaring, I sent a straight fist straight towards his smug face, hearing a loud crack as he fell backwards, blood rushing down his face. I soared upwards onto my feet and kneed him hard in the gut, before ruthlessly throwing him against the brick. The brick smashed as the body crushed against it and he crumbled to the ground and disappeared in a puff of smoke. I stared at my hand in shock, amazed at my sudden strength before confidently hurling myself at the rest of the vampires.
Before I knew it, the battle was over as I made my way towards the girl, who’d watched the battle with eyes wide and jaw dropped.
“Hey, are you alright?” I asked concernedly observing her wounds closely. She brushed herself off and said nervously, “Never felt better,” before chuckling slightly at the irony of the situation.
“I really thought that was the end for me back there. Thanks for helping me. So…who are you anyway?” she asked.
“My name is…My name is…” I struggled to say, a bloodthirsty instinct overwhelming my body and burning flames into the back of my throat. I hungered for her. And in my eyes, she was not a person I care enough for to let prosper. My eyes flickered venomously. My stomach wavered nauseously and I could feel my lips trembling. I looked up at the girl, whose panicked expression grimaced at my strange behavior. Staring up into those big brown eyes didn’t help at all. Something took over and I couldn’t fight it.
I had gripped onto her a hug of some sort, forcefully pulling her neck towards my mouth and growing intoxicated by the unavoidable scent of living blood gushing through her. She screamed, “What are you doing? I-I…”
Her voiced trailed off as I sunk my teeth into her flesh inaudibly to the sounds of her terror. The blood slimed into my mouth like a river and dripped out the sides of my mouth down my chin. The bloodthirsty effect had worn off as soon as I drank her blood, and I stared with horror at her dropped corpse lying dead on the pavement in front of me.
My head screamed, “I killed her! I killed someone!” as a sharp pain penetrated my chest.
Then the uncontrollable bawling commenced. How could I have let myself get like this? I’ve become a monster.
Sobbing like a lunatic, I ran as fast as I could to my apartment, where I broke down indignantly.
“Pete?” Patrick had walked in before screaming at the sight of my blood-soaked shirt
“What did you DO?” he exclaimed with wide eyes and a panicked look on his face, “Did you get in a fight?”
I looked up at him seriously and bared my fangs. He stepped back away from me and stuttered, “H-how is this possible?”
I shook my head and stared at the floor, “I don’t know. But I...I bit someone, Trick… I killed a girl. I’m not a murderer! I don‘t know how this happened to me!”
“Okay, dude. Calm down. I’m going to wake up the guys. Just don’t…bite anyone,” he muttered as he ran to wake up Joe and Andy. I sighed hard, trying to comprehend all that was happening.
Patrick and the guys would help me, right? They wouldn’t turn their backs on me…now that I was inhuman.
“Okay Pete, I think I understand what is going on. My dad used to tell me stories about vampires…and he left me this book,” Patrick explained as he walked into the room, a large ancient-looking book in hand, followed by Andy and Joe. A smirk made its way onto my lips. Leave it to Trick to have things all figured out.
Patrick sighed tiredly as he turned on a light before saying, “I’ve never told you guys but…my dad was part of a group whose goal was to defend the people from the vampires. So, I knew about their existence.”
Andy eyed the text of the book wearily before asking, “Well, can we form a group like that?”
“I really think we should,” he answered boldly, “They took one of our best friends and made him into one of their kind. We have to defend the public from the vampires!”
Joe and Andy looked at each other nervously as Andy admitted, “This is kinda like a comic book.”
“But this time,” Patrick smiled a cheesy grin, “We get to save the world.”
A muffled laugh came from my throat as I giggled at Patrick’s lame attempt at heroism. But he was right. We had to rise against this common threat that filled the streets of Chicago.
Then suddenly realization pitted Patrick’s enthusiasm as he remembered their dilemma. Their best friend was a vampire who had absolutely no control of his appetite. But this was only the start of our accommodating little hunting group. Only the start…
Sign up to rate and review this story