Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thriller

Starstruck

by -ThisXSecretXNinja- 1 review

Some secrets don't stay secrets for long.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-11-07 - Updated: 2008-11-08 - 1170 words - Complete

0Unrated
I always feel like somebody's watchin' me
And I have no privacy
I always feel like somebody's watchin' me
Tell me is it just a dream?


“We’re all going to go hunting tonight,” Patrick announced after weeks of vampire inactivity. Pete had been strictly training Amber for weeks but was unable to convince himself that he’d be able to protect her if anything had gone wrong. So when Patrick suddenly made the announcement, Pete was furious.
Pete stomped into Patrick’s lab with a huff as he plopped himself down on the chair. Immediately, he growled, “Do we have anything that can make sure she’ll be safe?”
“Dude, I already told you, she’ll be fine. I really think she’s ready. Have a little faith, man,” Patrick answered for the millionth time this week, rolling his eyes as he loaded a net into his gun. Everyone on the team knew that Patrick’s word was law, and Pete could only demand change for so long before he’d have to give up.
“Nothing can happen to her, Trick,” he said lowly, stating it as if he knew something more than what he’d let on. Patrick raised an eyebrow before asking, “I know Pete…but what else can I really do? I can only give her as much protection as all of us have got. We‘re all human.”
Pete eyes flickered as he stood up and muttered, “Yeah…human,” before scoffing out of the room and out into the living quarters where his fellow teammates preparing for a night on the town.
Jess stood in the corner, thoroughly watching over Amber as she equipped herself with a belt of stakes and other equipment. With all seriousness on her face, she turned to Pete as he walked in the room, and said, “It’s a pretty big group, Wentz. You might wanna take it easy tonight if you don’t want another stake in your leg.”
Pete nodded before looking at Andy, then over to Joe with the same secured expression simply speaking, ‘Do not let her out of your sight’. By this point, Pete’s over protectiveness throughout the past few days had been eerily getting on Amber’s nerves, but at this moment, after seeing the worried look on Pete’s face, she suddenly realized what she’d gotten herself into. Now she was as worried as he was.
“Ah, so much confidence in this room,” Jess allured keenly as she stretched her arms above her head, “Don’t worry so much, it’ll be fine. Besides, aren’t you guys excited to be out again?”
“I know I am. But enough stalling! To the bat-mobile!” Joe agreed as they headed to their vehicle, so uniquely designed with a clandestine bat decorating the hood.
“The bat-mobile?” Amber inquired with a laugh as she made her way into the backseat. Behind her, Jess, Andy, and Patrick got into the backseat with her as Pete sat in the front with Joe driving. As they drove, Amber suddenly remembered how she’d come to be in her living situation with this collective group of vampire hunters. ‘What if Bill is there?’ she thought to herself worriedly as she gripped the seat in front of her.
Jess noticed the sudden change in Amber’s behavior as she reassured, “It’ll be alright; nothing is going to get you as long as we’re around.”
“I kinda wish something would,” she murmured into the window as she wallowed in the guilt of being part of a plan she knew would cause severe consequence to this loyal group of friends. Then she shook her head and told herself, ‘No, don’t think about it. It’s another mission to fulfill. Bill is my brother and these people have no idea who I am. This is going to work.’
Squinting to relieve the guilt she‘d built up on herself, she briefly flashed back on her previous encounter with William.
“Have they figured out who you are?” his deep yet smoothly collective voice echoed questionably against the silent atmosphere of a private place in the city where Amber had managed to sneak a fair distance from where the actual headquarters were hidden. Swallowing tiredly, Amber leaned against the brick of the entrance to the rooftop section of the abandoned post office she knew all too well.
“No, they have no idea,” she replied lowly, a tone of either extreme discomfort with the topic of choice or pure apathy towards her most recent crime.
“Are you absolutely positive about this?”
“Yes, they think I’m just a victim of your actions. They’ve trained me to become one of them.”
Her eyes shifted darkly as William’s voiced hummed in approval as he stepped out of the shadows and stepped into the light cascading off the moon.
His fangs glistened a pearly white as he grinned his infamous smirk, a million emotions spiraling through Amber’s thoughts as she struggled to keep herself from making any sounds that would hint towards her fear. The truth was that he could kill her in such torturous ways that the human mind could not comprehend. And it was because of this fear, that she learned that it was safer to succumb to whatever his commands were. She shared part of his bloodline; and an unfair quirk to sharing a bloodline with a vampire was the unfortunate control the oldest child could have. Complete control. Fighting it only made the hold he had on her decision even more powerful. An invisible string that could bend or break her thoughts and opinions with a few words.
Of course, there were exceptions for getting around this. But it made things a lot easier for Amber to just convince herself she’s supposed to be an outlaw. Therefore, her personalities weren’t split in two.
The last time Amber had fought against William and spilt her true feelings about who he was, he’d beaten her senseless. She’d come home covered in purple bruises and infected wounds so gruesome that no one would want to ever endure that kind of pain ever again. And she refused to let her emotions get the best of her from then on. She overcame the overwhelming hurt that once consumed her. She’d grown to be accustomed to such profanity.
“See you around, little sister,” William alleged as he disappeared with another trace into the night sky.


“Amber? Amber!” a voice snapped as she urged back to reality. Inhaling a breath, she saw Jess beside her, shooting her a worried expression as she said, “We’ve arrived at our destination. Where the heck did you go?”
With a nervous laugh, Amber replied, “Sorry, guess I kind of spaced out for a second there.”
Jess smiled but held a disturbingly worrisome expression as she stepped back out of the car to let Amber get out.
And then the creatures sprung all at once.
Sign up to rate and review this story