Categories > Original > Fantasy > Moonlight at Midnight

Begging for life

by Ashley_Renee 0 reviews

Wow. Just wow. Please review. I'd really love to know what you guys think about it! No reviews = slow chapters or none at all..Haha. But seriously, you guys need to tell me how this is going with y...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-09-15 - Updated: 2008-09-16 - 1554 words

0Unrated
I tried to scream, but he held his hand over my mouth. I couldn’t wiggle out of his grip. He was just too strong.
God, help me! I begged in my mind. Don’t let me die. Please, not now. I have too much to live for!
“It’s no use, my dear.” A voice sang to me in my head. I was confused. Could it be…..No. It was impossible. He couldn’t read minds. Not mine. Not even Lucian could.
“Your right, I can’t read your mind. But I can read you thoughts. Now please, Anna. Let’s calm ourselves down.” The voice continued.
I froze. It just wasn’t possible. I must be dreaming! Come on, Anna! Let’s wake up now!
“Dreaming, eh? Ha. Well, go ahead. Pinch yourself. God help me if you’re dreaming, because maybe then I’ve lost my mind.”
I did what he said. I pinched my arm; nothing. I pinched it over and over till my skin turned red by the pressure. Still nothing; a voice in my head kept telling me to run, but then another reminded me that Diana was still downstairs.
Diana. I couldn’t run when she was still here. He may go after her, just to get to me. I could feel the tears boiling up in my eyes. I blinked, releasing them down my cheek. He wiped them away, as he let out a low chuckle.
“I have no desire to hurt your Diana. I just want you. And if you just do what I say, everything will be fine.”
I didn’t believe him. Nothing in life was that easy. What did he want with me? I mean, I’m not pretty. I’m not smart. And I sure as heck don’t know anything he doesn’t!
“But you do know something I don’t. You know how to reach them. You know how to kill them. You are their weakness. You shouldn’t have left him, Annastashia. You should have stayed with him. At least then you would have been more cautious and safe. But now look at you. Here you are, scared to death, and no one to rescue you. How do you feel now Annastashia!? Do you feel lonely? Unloved? Then you know how I’ve felt for the past 12 years of my whole life! I’ve been hunting him all this time; just waiting to get close enough to strike that final blow that will leave him dead. To leave him heartless, like he left me.”
“I’m sorry that you’re so miserable, I really am. But killing me will not help you any. He doesn’t even love me. He just lied. I was just a joke to him, and nothing more. He won’t even come to my rescue, even if you wanted him to. He’s gone, and I mean nothing to him.” I whispered, so Diana wouldn’t wake. And to get him to speak aloud, so he wasn’t in my head anymore.
“We’ll just have to see about that, now won’t we? See this,” he held up a tiny camcorder, “I’m going to record this. He’ll watch it all, live. So you better hope he loves you, because if he doesn’t, you would then be no more use to me; and not to mention a worthless waste of time.” He smiled. I was confused. What would he do to me that would make Lucian come running for me?
“You’ll see in do time, my love. Now, we must be going. I’d advise you not to scream. You may wake the neighbors.” He said, grabbing my wrists and pulling them towards the balcony.
Once outside, he turned to close the doors, so no one would become suspicious. I toke the chance, and ran for it.
But he was faster. And I was soon on the ground, knocked out cold.


I awoke to a blinding light. My vision seemed poorer than usual, and my head hurt horribly. I tried to sit up, but then I realized my hands were tied to something; A leg of a desk.
I twisted, so I could sit up on my butt. The blood rushed from my head, making me dizzy.
I finally gained back the fear I had before I fell into a pit of darkness. Where was I? And what was going to happen?
I looked around the room, trying to find something that might tell me my location. But there was nothing.
Nothing hung from the walls. They were just an ugly shade of dirty white, and had places where the paint had chipped off. There was one chair in the corner, and in it sat my kidnapper; my soon to be murderer.
It felt weird to know that this man, this human in front of you, would soon be drenched in your blood. The same blood that now pumped through my heart with intense speed.
“Glad you’re finally awake. Have a good nap?” the man asked from his corner. His smile was devious. Chills speed up my spine, and made me wince.
I stayed silent. The room seemed to grow smaller and smaller by the minute.
“Oh, please! It would be much more enjoyable if you at least pretended you were afraid to die.” He laughed.
I still stayed as silent as possible. All I could do was stare into his evil, black eyes. They were a pit of shadows and darkness, engulfing everything that came into their view.
“I said, say something!” He yelled, and struck me on the left side of my face. I was stunned, and hurt, at the same time.
“O-ok. P-please don’t kill me. I’m b-egging you.” I stuttered out.
“Well, I’m sorry love, but it’s just too late for that now. We both know that your going to die, whether you want to or not.”
He got up, and went over to the camera sitting in the corner, turned towards me. I knew that right behind that camera, was my only hope. And even that was gone now.
The tears that had been forced to reside back into their homes were once again running down my cheeks. The man laughed.
“Oh, the name is Chris. Just so you know the name of the person that’s about to slowly kill you.” He laughed once again, heading my way. I flinched back, and tried to squeeze my hand out at the same time. The chain wouldn’t budge. I was going to be stuck here while he killed me. Not even able to run away.
Chris pulled something from his pocket. As he opened it, I realized what it was. It was a knife.
I screamed. Finally! I was thinking that my voice box had finished its life-long run in one day.
He laughed. “It speaks! So, Lucian, are you ready to watch the love of your life scream and squirm while I cut her heart out? Or should I just cut her throat?” He asked, turning to the camera.
Then he turned his attention back at me. “It looks like he’s not going to save you, my dearest.”
My instincts turned in. “He will come! Just wait! He loves me, I know he does. Then he’ll cut your heart out. Ha. Yes! You’ll be the one laid on the floor, bleeding. Not me!” I yelled.
“You stupid girl! You actually think he’s coming to save you? Just yesterday you said he wouldn’t come. That he didn’t love you.” He yelled, confused.
I smiled. I wasn’t sure that Lucian would actually save me, but at least I would die knowing that I fought for my life. “I lied. I do it sometimes; mostly when someone is threatening to kill me.”
This clearly made Chris mad. He walked over, and began to undo the chains that tied me to the desk. He pulled me to my feet, and pushed me into the wall. “What, no screaming?” he yelled, as he pushed the knife into my arm. I screamed, crying out in pain. He laughed, and kept running the knife up and down my arms. Blood began to drip onto the floor. Tears ran down my face, and mixed with the blood.
Chris then began to cut through my shirt, and into my jeans. I yelled out even loader, and he stopped. I fell onto my knees, soaked in my own blood. Chris looked at the door. It was being broken apart.
I then blacked out. All I know is that I heard my name being called, and someone was crying. I got picked up, and was carried. Then everything went cold. Everything went dark, and everything was silent from then on.
I did, however, remember the last things that were said to me. The words stuck into my mind, when I was unconscious and when I was awake. Forever.
“I am so sorry. I love you. And I always will, forever. I mean that, my love. Please forgive me.” Someone said in my ear. It was quiet, and all I could hear was my slowing heartbeat.
“Forever.” I whispered, and fell into darkness.
Sign up to rate and review this story