Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Apocrypha

Kakashi Apocrypha

by Lyanvis 0 reviews

Him that believes death is the final step in the journey of life knows nothing of the reality of living.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-09-16 - Updated: 2008-09-16 - 376 words - Complete

0Unrated
Kakashi Apocrypha.

--------------------




Him that believes death is the final step in the journey of life knows nothing of the reality of living.


--------------------




He couldn't meet Naruto's eyes when it had all ended..




"It isn't fair!" The Kyuubi host claimed, and Kakashi shook his head.




"Life isn't fair, Naruto."



Why did they teach the ninja about fairness? It did not exist in the world they lived in. Why do we let them grow up thinking life should be fair? When did anyone ever tell them- tell any of us that it would be? Who told us that it should be? Life is never fair, and finding that out… It hurts more than a lie…




"Don't leave me, Kakashi!!!" Naruto demanded irrationally. "You're the only one left!!!" Naruto slumped over Kakashi's body. Kakashi could feel the slow drain of the void. He'd over exerted his chakra. Sai had died in the battle. Naruto had torn through the rest of the sound village but Sasuke- no-longer-Sasuke, Orochimaru, had been nowhere to be found. And Naruto was helpless against this foe, against the one called death. Kakashi felt the warm weight of Naruto on his chest, the wetness of tears. His voice cracked from exhaustion.




"I'm not dying. Just going to sleep…" He tried to lie, but Naruto jerked up and forced him to meet his eyes.




"No!!!! You're not allowed to sleep!!!" Naruto screamed at him, taking Kakashi up into his arms. Naruto talked, and talked, and talked, shaking Kakashi every time his eyes closed for longer than a blink. Finally, Kakashi lifted his hand to his mask and pulled it down. Naruto's eyes fixed on his face. "You're not leaving me." He whispered, hugging his sensei- who felt so fragile in his arms, so impossibly weak… Kakashi barely managed to nod.


"This is not goodbye." Kakashi managed. He never believed in an afterlife, but for Naruto's sake…




"I'll see you soon." Naruto finally agreed, letting Kakashi close his eyes. Naruto heard his heartbeats fade away, and then, then he truly began to cry. Kakashi's was the only body that Naruto carried back to Konoha from the deserted sound village. Others had to retrieve Sai because no one could convince Naruto to let his beautiful sensei go.
Sign up to rate and review this story