Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Apocrypha

Naruto Apocrypha

by Lyanvis 0 reviews

That which believes there is a need to fear death as an end to itself knows naught but itself and understands nothing.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2008-09-16 - Updated: 2008-09-16 - 206 words - Complete

0Unrated
Naruto Apocrypha.

-----------------------




That which believes there is a need to fear death as an end to itself knows naught but itself and understands nothing.




-----------------------


The blonde closed his eyes and accepted death in the instant before it came. Naruto would never live to the next day. And that acceptance is what froze Orochimaru's arm, an instant before the chidori struck. Naruto's eyes snapped open when he heard the twittering sound of birds die. For an instant, he could see Sasuke behind Orochimaru's eyes, struggling to reassert control, and he did the only thing he could think of to free Sasuke.




He slammed his fist through his chest. Claws extended and crushed the beating thing in not-Sasuke's chest that used to be Sasuke's heart. Naruto would never become Hokage.




And Sasuke's weak voice though he shouldn't be able to talk.




"Thanks… moron." Sasuke's eyes closed, and Naruto slumped over the body of his dead comrade and cried.


Naruto never became Hokage.




Instead, he served the village as best he could. And when it was requested of him to become Hokage, he refused.



"Don't put me in charge of the village. I couldn't even save my team." Naruto told them, walking away.



I couldn't save anyone.
Sign up to rate and review this story