Categories > Anime/Manga > Beyblade > Four Guys and a Girl

The Apartment

by hottygirl_013 0 reviews

Hilary and Tika are talking in a diner when they come across an add for and apartment in the newspaper.

Category: Beyblade - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Kai, Max, Ray, Tyson - Published: 2006-03-07 - Updated: 2006-03-07 - 1807 words

0Unrated
Four Guys and a Girl

Summery: While mourning the death of one of their best friends, four young men put out a flyer for a new roommate so that they can pay rent for the apartment they're staying in. They're completely surprised when a bubbly girl answers their ad. The girl teaches them how to laugh and live again and they learn that her whole family, except for her older sister and niece, was murdered by the same person that killed their friend. So, the five of them set out to find the girl's sister and the murderer. Along the way, they meet many strange people and lifelong friends.

Chapter One

A sixteen-year-old brunette sighed as she stirred the coffee in her cup. I need to find a place to stay, she thought, I can't continue to live at the inn. I need a real home. But I think I'll continue to work at the inn...at least until I find a better job. I'll need a way to pay the bills, won't I? And, I need to pay Iris back for paying for me going to school. In fact, I need to pay her back for a lot of things. Maybe I should find a different job other than working at the inn. They hardly pay me anything.

Sighed again and looked around the diner. Suddenly her face lit up when she say Help Wanted sign sitting on the counter. She slammed her hands happily down on the table, causing her drink to spill. "That's it! I'll get a job here. I'm sure they pay more than that cheep inn," she let a little giggle, "Now all I need to do is find a place to stay," her smile faded and she flopped back in her seat with a defeated sigh. "Finding a place to stay could take forever."

She glowered at the table for a few seconds before letting out a squeal when she realized that her coffee was falling all over her lap.

"Oh," she said angrily as she began to mop the mess up with a napkin, "this is just great!"

"You really do need to pay attention to what you're doing, Hilary."

The brunette looked up to see a girl with brown hair and red bangs that framed her cheeks. "Shut up, Tika, and help me clean this mess up. It is your job after all."

The girl called Tika chuckled and helped her friend mop up the rest of the coffee with a rag. "So, Hilary, what were you thinking about this time?"

Hilary looked at her as she began to dab at her clothes with a napkin. "Oh, I was just thinking that I might just get a job here, and find a new place to stay. I mean, I can't live at the inn my whole life."

Tika nodded her head in agreement. "No, you can't. I'm sure you'll be a real shoo-in. Dimitri really likes you."

She giggled. "Yeah, if only I weren't such a klutz!"

Her friend laughed and sat down across from her. "You're not a klutz...You just tend to run into things, break things, knock things down, knock people down----"

Hilary lifted her hand and cover the other girl's mouth. "Okay! I get your point. I'm a real ditz."

Tika giggled. "Hey, you said. Not me..." Hilary tuned her out as her friend began to talk about this guy she had a crush on.

Hilary sighed and watched her friends lips move. Tika had been her best friend since Hilary had come to the town the previous year. Hilary, being the new kid, had been an immediate outcast. Nobody wanted to talk to her, but were all interested in talking about her. But, strangely, Tika, one of the most popular kids in school, had decided that she was worthy enough to be friends with her. It only took a few months for Tika to decide this.

After a few days of getting to know each other, the two had hit it off instantly. And it wasn't long afterward that Hilary felt compelled to tell the other girl the reason why she had to live at the local inn. Tika had been very sympathetic and helped her get past it. But, sometimes, Hilary would still dream about it, and it felt as if that horrible night was happening all over again...

"Hilary? Did you hear me?" Tika's words broke through Hilary's thought.

She raised an eyebrow. "Hmm?"

She sighed softly. "I said that if you're looking for a place to stay, I read in the newspaper this morning that some people are looking fro a fifth roommate to help them pay the rent for their apartment. Your share would only be twenty dollars."

"That sounds like a good deal. Where is it?"

000000000

An eighteen-year-old with navy blue hair and brown eyes stared angrily at the wall in front of him. He couldn't believe this had happened. How could the cops just give up on the search for the murderer of one of his best friends? So what if it had been a year? He couldn't believe that they would just let a murderer run free like that? He couldn't believe what the police force was turning into these days...

"Tyson, the food is done if you're hungry," said one of his best friends from the kitchen doorframe.

Tyson sighed. Why was there a doorframe if there wasn't even a door there? "Okay, Ray," he said as he stood up and headed in the direction of the table.

Ray, who had long black hair and yellow, catlike eyes, nodded. "Okay. I'll get the others."

"Don't bother," the bluenette said, "Kai went out again - don't ask where because I don't know - and Max is going to meet some guy named John about the extra room."

The raven-haired teen just sighed. "I guess it'll just be you and me."

The other shrugged. "I guess so."

The two sat down at the table and began to eat quietly. Neither dared to utter a single word. That's how it had been for the past year, ever since the incident.

Ray pursed his lips together. It seems like a lot of things have changed since the incident, he thinks sadly, The four of us hardly ever talk anymore, sometimes its like we're not even friends. Kai is colder than usual and hardly ever around, Max hardly ever smiles, and Tyson just sits staring at the wall for most of the day. His eyes narrowed, Our friendship has totally fallen apart. It would take a miracle to fix it...I just hope we get one soon...

Ray's thoughts were interrupted when he heard the front door slam shut. He looked across the table at Tyson and raised an eyebrow. "Who is that?"

Tyson leaned back in his chair a little to look into the living room. "Max."

Just as soon as the name left his lips an eighteen-year-old with blonde hair and blue eyes walked into the kitchen with a scowl on his face. "At the rate we're going, we're never going to get a new roommate."

Ray watched as his friend sat down at the table and fixed himself a plate. "Let me guess, John was a no show too?"

The blonde shook his head. "He showed up alright, but I wish he hadn't."

"That bad, huh?"

He scoffed. "Try piercings all over his body including, for some strange reason he felt the need to tell me this, places that no man should ever put a ring."

Ray and Tyson both shuddered. That was just sick.

Before either could comment they heard the door shut and close again. A nineteen-year-old with two-toned hair walked into the kitchen, the only acknowledgement he gave them as he sat down and began to fix his plate was a slight nod.

"Well, hello to you too, Kai," Tyson said curtly.

Ray glared at him. "Don't start anything today, Tyson."

Tyson just rolled his eyes and began picking at his food again.

Max looked at Kai. "So, where'd you go?"

Kai gave him a cool stare. "Out."

The rest of the meal was eaten in silence.

Ray sighed. I could really go for a miracle right about now.

0000000

Hilary stared at the door in front of her. "Room number 305. Its either now or never, Hilary. Knock on the door and tell them that you'd like to be their new roommate, or apartment-mate, whatever it's called."

She scowled. I can't believe I've been reduced to giving myself a pep-talk. The next time I see Tika I am so going to kill her for refusing to come with me. I mean, what type of best friend does something like that?

The brunette let out a deep breath and smiled softly before knocking. "I'm sure everything is going to be fine. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?"

The door opened and a teenager with navy blue hair and brown eyes opened the door, with no shirt on. Her eyes slowly traveled from his face to his nicely chiseled chest, causing her face to turn a bright shade of pink.

He looked curiously at her. "Can I help you?"

Hilary's eyes flew back to his face. "Um..." she cleared her throat, trying to find her voice again. "Is the right place to go if I want to rent a room in an apartment?" her voice came out a little hoarse, due to her dry throat and mouth.

The navy blue haired teenager raised an eyebrow. "How old are you?"

The sixteen-year-old frowned slightly. Her voice was coming back. "I'm sixteen. Why does that matter?"

"Because, I don't think that a girl should be living in the same apartment as four other guys."

She lifted an eyebrow. "Oh, really? Why not?"

He narrowed his eyes. "I think you know the answer to that."

"Listen here, Buddy," she said as she stepped forward and poked him in the chest, "I don't see anything wrong with me living with four guys, unless of course the four of you are rapists. Now, unless you four are rapists, I'd say the only reason you don't want me to move into that apartment with you and your friends is because you're afraid of living with a girl."

"Excuse me! I'm not sure I heard you right. Did you just say that I'm afraid of living with a girl?"

"Yes, I did."

He glared at her. "Well, if you're so sure about that, c'mon in," he stepped aside and held the door open, "I'm sure the guys won't mind giving you an interview."

Hilary looked him squarely in the eye before passing him. "And if I pass, I can stay?"

He nodded. "If you pass, you can stay."

"Good," she said and walked into the apartment.
Sign up to rate and review this story