Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Deadlines

Never Be Lonely

by neve 5 reviews

Honesty, stolen moments and a Dad doing what Dad's do best.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-09-21 - Updated: 2008-09-21 - 5770 words - Complete

5Moving
Chapter Nineteen - Never Be Lonely

14th November 2006


She slowly dragged her weary body from the bunk and grabbed her clothes as she made her way to the bathroom. Jill looked out the window and tried to gain some insight into how far they were from Glasgow. The bus had definitely crossed the border so it wouldn't take too long. She quietly tiptoed across the living area and closed the bathroom door behind her. It would be so good to finally get home for some proper sleep, she felt like she hadn't slept for days. The realisation hit her that she only had two days left, two days of this mad journey, the laughter and always being on the move and two days of being able to spend time with him. She finished applying her make-up and paused for a moment as she looked in the mirror, so much had happened in such a short space of time and soon it would all be over. Jill wished for once that she could look in the mirror without seeing something negative and she remembered her Mum would always get at her for thinking in such a way. A knock on the door quickly snapped her from her sombre thoughts.

"Are you nearly finished in there? I swear I'm about to piss all over the floor,"

Jill pulled all her stuff together and unlatched the door, "God, I'm so sorry Gerard." She said as she moved away from the door to let him in.

"No problem," he muttered as he practically hopped into the bathroom.

Jill wandered back to her bunk and lay down, she gently closed her eyes and thought about going to see her Dad and her thoughts immediately turned back to her Mum. Jill turned her head as she heard Bob jump down from his bunk. She looked at him as he pulled his jeans on and she smiled at the sight of his hair which was all over the place. Bob seemed to feel someone watching him as he turned and looked down at him. Jill for once in her life didn't buckle and returned his stare as she felt herself smiling warmly back at him.

"Hey you," she whispered.

"Morning," he replied as he bent down beside her bunk and kissed her forehead.

Jill instinctively felt herself moving across the bunk and she was shouting at herself on the inside, screaming for herself to stop but she couldn't. "Lie with me," she whispered as the traitorous words escaped before she could catch herself. Bob hesitated for a moment and then lay down beside her. Jill knew she was weak, she always felt so alone at this time of the year but it felt different this time as if she wanted to grab every moment she could with him. Jill snaked her hand over his chest and as he lifted his arm she quickly scouted over to let her head rest on his shoulder before he let himself hold her close.

"Are you okay?" he quietly asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay now." She whispered back before she closed her eyes.

As Bob lay there, he couldn't help but think how good this felt to have her in his arms. Just lying there watching her sleep, she looked so peaceful and content. Bob's eyes shot open as he heard someone approaching the back bunk area. He didn't care if the whole world saw him lying there but he knew Jill would flip out. He rested his head back down on th epillow when he noticed Ray peeking through the separator curtain that split the bunk areas. Ray paused for a moment as he noticed Bob, he then looked up to where he expected Bob to be and then glanced back down open-mouthed as the realisation dawned on him.

"Ohhhh," he whispered pointing at Bob.

"Hey man," Bob replied smirking slightly.

"You didn't," Ray whispered back.

Bob shook his head, "No, we're fully clothed here,"

"Right," Ray responded, "Just to let you know we should be at the hotel in 10 minutes so you and Jill might want to think about getting up."

"Thanks Ray," Bob replied, "And Ray please don't say anything to the others about where you found me."

Ray glanced back and smiled, "Of course not."

Bob looked down, "Jill, Jill," he said touching her lightly.

"mmm," she responded hugging him closer.

"Jill, we need to get up,"

"Nooo, I want to stay here," Jill said pushing herself even closer into his side.

Bob sighed as he felt his body start to respond to her being so close, "You need to move Jilly, Franks going to catch me with you."

Jill's eyes shot open and he quickly grabbed her before she cracked her head off the top of the bunk. Bob eased himself out of the bunk and looked round at Jill, "You coming?" he asked reaching his hand out to her.

"I suppose so," She said smiling accepting his hand as he pulled her up.

Bob opened the separator curtain and Jill pulled her hand away from his. She noticed Mikey sitting on his bunk and pulling his boots on.

"Morning," Jill said.

"Hey Jill," Mikey responded, "I'm so tired, it always takes me ages to get used to sleeping on the bunk."

"I don't know how you can get used to it in the first place, it's like sleeping in a washing machine." Jill replied as she followed Bob through to the kitchen.

"Frank and Gerard are still sleeping?" Jill asked as she sat down beside Ray.

"Yeah, they'll just haul themselves into the hotel without changing," Ray said as he drank his coffee "But Frank's going with you isn't he?"

"I think so," Jill replied.

"I'll go get him up," Ray said standing up to chase Frank from his bed.

The bus pulled up at the hotel and Gerard and Frank eventually stumbled through to the living area.

"I'm too tired," Frank sighed as he flopped down onto the sleep.

"Well we need to get our stuff into the hotel and be on our way with Jill if you still want to come but if you want to just sleep?" Mikey told him.

"No," he replied perking up, "I still wanna come,"

They all grabbed their bags and made their way out of the bus and towards the hotel. Jill laughed as Frank demanded Bob give him a piggy back and to her amazement Bob did exactly that. They all agreed to meet back at the reception at 9. Jill quickly dumped her stuff in the room and nipped out of the hotel to go and fetch the hire car from the garage just up the road. She signed off the required paperwork and eagerly made her way to the car, it had been so long since she had last used a car as the thought of driving in London was a certain no. She pulled up outside the hotel and waited for them to come out and to her amazement they were already waiting for her. They had all dressed really casually and she noted that even Mikey had come out without a stitch of make up or hair gel and he looked so much better and seemed weirdly happier like he had left the armour behind.

"Are you driving Jill," Worm asked.

"Yeah, I know the roads better," she replied as they all jumped into the car.

"Em Bob, you better sit in the back encase anybody recognises you," Worm said pulling him out of the passenger seat. Bob complied instantly and sat in the back with Frank and Mikey.

"Why do I have to sit in the middle?" Frank moaned.

"You're the shortest and Jill will see better." Mikey pointed out.

Frank grumbled feeling like the child once again.

Jill started the car and drove out of the hotel car park, she pressed on the brakes a bit too sharply as she stopped at the junction and they all snapped forward, "Whoops sorry guys, I just need to get used to these breaks."

"So have you driven much Jill?" Worm nervously asked

"Yeah, but I've not actually driven anything for over a year what with being in the city and all." Jill responded.

Worm looked back at the rest of them and they all exchanged nervous glances.

"Relax guys, I've driven this road about a million times," she added switching on the radio and laughing out loud.

x-----x


Jill pulled up in front of her family home, "Home sweet home," she said as she turned the engine off. She jumped out the car and rummaged in her bag for the front door keys. The excitement to see her Dad made her forget about her passengers. Jill turned to see them still strapped in the car awkwardly talking to each other. "Whoops," she said as she waved for them all to follow her. She hesitated at the door for a moment as she thought about the absurdity of the situation, here she was standing at the home where she grew up with four rockstars following her.

"Are you sure we're not imposing?" Bob asked.

"Not at all, I'm just surprised you wanted to come in the front place." She replied as she unlocked the door.

"I'm just going to check around the place first," Worm said.

"Oh okay but just let yourself in when you're finished," Jill replied as Worm wandered off.

The rest all followed her into the house and Mikey shut the door, "Dad," Jill shouted. They all stood for a moment before hearing a voice shout back, "Jilly?"

"It's me Dad." Jill shouted back as she walked in the direction of the voice. Jill turned as she waved once more for them to follow her. Jill smiled as she saw her Dad walking towards the house from the other side of the garden. She bolted out the door towards him and almost jumped into the outstreached arms of her Father.

"Oh Jill it is so good to see you."

"You too Dad, I've missed you so much." Jill replied hugging her Dad tightly.

Jill's Dad looked behind her, "Oh and I see you brought a boy home, you never told me you were seeing anyone."

Jill laughed as she turned around to see Mikey hovering at the door.

"Hold on there's more than one." Her Dad added as he saw Frank.

"Dad, this is some of the guys from the band I'm writing about." Jill said as she walked back towards the house.

Jill looked at the guys in front of her as they all eventually came into the garden, she felt for them as she noticed how awkward they all looked.

"Dad, I'd like you to meet Mikey, Frank and Bob." Jill said as her Dad shook their hands.

"You can call me Jack."

"Nice to meet you Jack," Frank responded.

"So what do you all do in the band?" her Dad asked as Jill grimaced beside him much to Bob's amusement.

"Well I play guitar, Bob here plays drums and Mikey plays bass," Frank explained.

"ohhh," Jack replied and Jill could tell he was playing with them, "It's My Chemical Romance isn't it."

"Yeah that's right," Mikey replied looking bemused by the whole conversation.

"Jill sent me your cd, I have to tell you now that cd's just don't do it for me," Jack explained, "Vinyl will always be superior."

"I couldn't agree more, "Frank replied to which Jack smiled, "We release all our stuff on vinyl too."

"Really?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, did you like our album?" Frank replied.

"You know I actually did," Jack confirmed,"This girl here sends me all manner of stuff and usually it's just noise but I actually liked this one. It's nice when you can actually here the lyrics being sung."

Jill just rolled her eyes, "I sent him Three Cheers," Jill confirmed before pointing to Mikey, "The lead singer Dad is Gerard and he's Mikey's brother."

Jack turned to Mikey, "He has a good voice, you must tell him that."

"I will Mr, I mean Jack," Mikey replied grinning.

"And Ray's not here either Dad, he also plays guitar." Jill added.

Jack walked between Mikey and Frank and put his arms around then as if he'd known them for a long time. Bob walked beside Jill unable to stop grinning at Jill who looked like she wanted the ground to eat her up.

"Your Dad seem's a pretty cool guy," Bob whispered to her as they walked back to the house.

"He's cool alright and believe me this is just the beginning," Jill replied, "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, Frank's going to get stuff on me that he could mock me with for the rest of my life."

Jill and Bob instinctively distanced themselves from each other when her Dad suddenly turned round forcing Frank and Mikey to do the same.

"So tell me why haven't one of you lads snatched up my young Jill here?"

"DAAAAD," Jill whined looking mortified.

Frank and Mikey looked awkwardly at Bob before Frank jumped to his rescue, "She's far too good for the likes of us."

Jack nodded and then smiled as if Frank had just said the most wonderful thing in the world.

"Dad, you really didn't have to go to so much trouble," Jill told him as they entered the house and saw the food spread across the table.

"It's nothing really and I wanted to make sure that you were eating properly." Jack replied with a face of concern at his daughter.

"It looks great," Bob added as Jack gestured for them all to sit down.

"I'll just go and get Worm," Jill said as she dashed towards the front door.

"Worm, don't tell me she's collecting worms again." Jack asked as he watched his daughter disappear out the room.

"Worm is part of our security and our friend," Bob replied laughing.

"So Jill keeps Worms?" Frank asked intrigued.

"Oh she did because she was worried that a bird would get them, "Jack laughed thinking about the numerous animals Jill would bring home, "She couldn't stand to see an animal suffer and we eventually had to ban her from pet stores because she would come back with the most deformed fish or ill looking thing because she thought no one would buy them, it was a nightmare."

Jill eventually returned with Worm and she introduced him to Jack before sitting down at the table. Jack had a wonderful way of making people feel so welcome in his home and they were soon telling him about being in the band and how they had met Jill. Mikey seemed so different away from the usual touring environment and she noticed it was the first time she had seen him genuinely relax.

Jill eventually excused herself from the table and grinned to herself as she heard them all laughing out loud as she went upstairs. Every year she would come home and do the same routine as she thought about her Mum. She would go into her Mum's cupboard and gently skim through the hanging clothes recounting all the moments she had seen her Mum wearing each piece of clothing. She would then find herself sitting at her Mum's dresser which was still laid out exactly as her Mum left it. With each year the memories became easier and she no longer sobbed as soon as she walked through the bedroom door. Jill gently closed the door and walked into her own bedroom. She sat on her bed and just let herself reminisce.

"So this is your old room?"

Jill turned to see Bob standing at the door, "It sure is."

He walked towards her, "Are you okay?" he tentatively asked.

Jill nodded watching his hands as he stood before her and then gingerly took both her hands into his own,

"You look so sad." Bob added trying to read her expression.

Jill swallowed hard and slowly brought her eyes up to meet his, "It's difficult coming home."

"You miss your Mom," Bob whispered.

Jill nodded as he gently brought his arms around her and pulled her in close, "You should have said to us Jill, we would have never imposed on your time with your Dad."

Jill pulled back and placed both her hands gently on to the sides of his face, "I'm glad you are all here, My Dad has Frank and Mikey trapped down there talking about music and guitars and I've not seen him so happy in a long time," Jill explained falling into his embrace once more, "Plus if you had never come, you wouldn't have got the chance to see my lovely time warped room with the most awful posters."

Bob laughed, "I didn't want to mention anything but all I'm going to say is thank god you can't see my room when I used to stay with my Mom, I'd never live it down."

Bob looked around the room and his eyes fell on a picture frame by the bed showing what looked like a teenage Jill with an older woman, "Is that your Mom in the picture?" he gently asked pointing towards the bedside table.

Jill looked around, "Yeah, that's Mum."

"She's very pretty." Bob added as they both sat down on the bed and Jill picked up the photoframe.

"I wish you could have known her, she was so kind and she would have liked you." Jill replied her eyes not moving from the picture, "I miss her so much."

Bob put his arm around her, "I can't even begin to imagine how hard it would have been to lose your Mom."

Jill leaned into him, "It was the worst moment of my life."

"What happened?" Bob asked and then noticeably recoiled wishing he hadn't.

"It's okay," Jill said trying to reassure him.

Jill put the photo back onto the table and turned slightly to face him, "I had just finished High School and I was due to start college after the summer. I spent practically every day with my friends, we were all going to different colleges and you know what it's like. You think you'll never see each other again. I feel so guilty now that I never spent enough time with Mum." Jill paused for a moment and Bob pulled her closer, "We were going to have one last family holiday before I started college and Mum had gone out in the car to collect the tickets and last minute things," Jill paused for a moment,"On the way home," Jill paused once more as she tried to compose herself,"she had a crash, they think she went off the road trying to avoid a deer or something."

"Oh god Jill," Bob muttered kissing the top of her head.

"It was so sudden, no time to prepare for it and it took me a long time to come to the realisation that she was never going to come through the door again," Jill added her voice breaking with emotion. "I avoided coming home for a long time, how could I do that Bob to my Dad he needed me and I let him down."

Bob could feel his heart breaking for her as she started to cry, "It's okay Jill, you lost your Mom and you had to find a way of coping with something so terrible."

"I'm so sorry, you don't need me putting all this on you." Jill replied desperately trying to dry up her tears.

"Hey," he gently said placing the side of his hand under her chin and pulling it up to make her look at him, "I want to be here to share these things with you."

"You do?" Jill asked.

"Yes, you don't need to deal with everything on your own." Bob added.

"I don't deserve you." Jill replied looking away from him.

"Jill, look at me," he asked, "You are the most amazing person I have ever met, you make me laugh and I miss you when you're not there."

"You've only known me for such a short time," Jill responded with a puzzled look on her face.

"I know," Bob replied hesitating over whether to say anything else.

"That first time I saw you, when you interviewed us, you were so different to all the usual interviewers," Bob said looking embarrased and unsure of himself, "You seemed so relaxed and it was as if we'd all met before."

"I was as nervous as hell, believe me," Jill grinned recalling the moment.

"Then at the bar at the aftershow party thing I wanted to talk to you so badly but I thought you were so far out of my league."

Jill looked at him in total shock, "You are kidding with me now aren't you?"

"No, I thought you were dating your friend Justin so I just tried to put it out of my mind and then I bumped into you at the Reading festival."

"Don't remind me, why is it I always end up looking like I can't stay on my feet around you?" Jill laughed, "I remember shouting and swearing and then hating myself for it afterwards."

"I have to tell you, you look hot when you're angry." Bob said grinning.

Jill covered her face as she felt it go red.

"What's wrong?" Bob asked laughing and trying to move her hands away.

"I can't believe you think I'm hot and out of your league."

"Why?" Bob asked.

"I never imagined anyone thinking that of me." Jill replied seriously.

"Well this isn't a very good start if we don't believe each other," he said laughing once more.

"Still not very good at this are we?" Jill smiled recalling one of their previous discussions.

"Not really but we'll learn together." Bob replied as he moved towards Jill and rested his lips on hers tenderly, there was no desperation or pressure in his kiss just a need to be close once more.

"What on earth is going on in here?"

Jill froze for a second and watched Bob instantly leap off the bed.

"Would you like to tell me what you were doing with my daughter son?" Jack asked angrily.

Bob stood with his hands in his pockets like a schoolboy waiting for punishment, "I'm really sorry, I should have respected the fact that this is your home and I apologise if I have overstepped the mark."

Jill knew her Dad had a temper but something seemed odd about his demeanour and her mouth dropped as she noticed the playful glimmer in his eyes. Her Dad was playing with Bob and worse still he was enjoying it.

"Dad, leave poor Bob alone." Jill said shaking her head as she got up from the bed and stood beside Bob, "Bob, my Dad is playing with you."

The relief on Bob's face was apparent and Jack couldn't resist laughing, "I'm sorry Bob but your partners in crime let it slip and well I had to make sure that you were not corrupting my daughter up here."

"Dad will you just stop." Jill cried out.

"She does that a lot, you know the whining but I'll dare say you will get used to it," Jack added laughing again, "Oh and watch yourself she's so clumsy."

"I know that one already," Bob replied as he left the room with Jack.

Jill stood in her room and watched them leave, she was slightly taken a back by how quickly her Dad seemed to accept Bob but also by just how fast he had recruited Bob in his gang of humiliating his daughter."Dad don't you be filling Bob's head with stories of my childhood."

"Whoops too late, I think Mikey and Frank have already looked through the photo's of you growing up and Frank was saying something about putting them on a website or something." Jack paused trying to contain his laughter.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Dad you did not show Frank any photo's did you?" Jill gasped as she pushed past them both and bolted down the stairs.

Jill ran into the kitchen as Frank, Mikey and Worm looked up in surprise at her.

"Frank, please don't do it." Jill almost shouted with a sound of total desperation on her voice.

"Do what?" Frank asked.

"The photo's please don't post them,"

Frank looked at Mikey, "Oh you mean this one," he said holding up Jill's first year high school photo, "I'm loving the short hair look."

Jill gasped in horror, "I'm gonna kill him," Jill said in reference to her Dad.

"Give me it," Jill said moving to grab it off him.

"Nope, it's all mine," Frank replied with an evil grin.

"Don't make me fight you." Jill said moving towards him once more as he jumped of his chair and started to walk around the table.

"I'm sure Bob would love to see this one," Frank cheekily said waving the photo in front of her.

"Give it to me Frank," Jill demanded.

Frank immediately raised his eyes, "Jill, this is your Father's house, I don't think he would like to hear you speaking in that filthy manner."

Jill breathed out deeply, "You're for it now Frank, pass it over or prepare to die."

"You better run Frank," Mikey added.

Frank jumped in surprise as Worm leaned over and grabbed him aorund the waist and pinned his arms to his side.

"Hey man you traitor, let me go." Frank shouted kicking out with his feet as Worm restrained him and snatched the photo from him.

"There you go Jill," Worm said handing the photo to her and dropping Frank from his restraint.

"Thank you Worm, at least you have manners." Jill quipped.

"Just you wait Worm, your time will come." Frank warned.

"You see Jill the best way to deal with Frank is to just shout on one of us and we can easily restrain him, pick him up and dump him in a remote place.

"Hey," Frank replied pretending to go in a huff.

The room went silent as Bob and Jack re-entered the room and Jill immediately slide the photo down the back of the kitchen cabinet, hopefully never to be seen again.

"Right I have a we surprise for you all downstairs if you care to follow me, " Jack said.

They all stood up and followed him to what seemed like a basement. Jack swtiched on the light to reveal shelf upon shelf stacked with records.

"Look at all these records," Frank almost shouted,"This is like heaven, can I go look? Can I touch them?"

Jack laughed out loud,"Of course you can, go on boys get stuck in."

Jill smiled at her Dad as she saw the genuine happiness on his face. He was in his element watching Frank, Mikey and Bob searching the shelves and pulling out random albums. Frank looked like a boy at christmas time as he sat himself on the floor and gingerly opened the album sleve with such care. Jill immediately sat down beside him, "Having a good time Frank?"

Frank looked up at her all wide-eyed and beaming, "Do you see what I have in my own hands? An original Black Flag, do you see it Jill? Do you not just want to hold it and look at it? This is too fucking much."

"Dad, I think Frank would like to listen to this album." Jill said taking the record out of the sleve.

"You play them?" Frank asked.

"Of course we do, no point in having music that just sits on a shelf all day." Jack explained as he took the record from Jill and placed it on the turnstile. The hazy scraping of the vinyl was quickly replaced by the sound of the drum beat and the guitars and Frank looked like he was about to explode, "listen to that, oh my god it still works."

"You can have it Frank?" Jack said.

Frank looked at him in total amazement, "No I can't, honestly Jack I couldn't."

"Yes you can, I want to give away my collection to people I know will appreciate it so this album is yours." Jack explained.

Jill wished she had a camera at this very moment because the look on Frank's face was priceless, "Honestly Frank, he's given away so many already and somehow I think you will treasure it."

"Thank you Jack, thank you." Frank replied hugging Jack and staring at the album he had clutched in his hands, "You have great taste in music."

"My dad taught me well on that front," Jill said.

"I want you boys to chose something too and take something for your bandmates," Jack insisted.

Jill watched Mikey and Bob eagerly search through the collection. Frank quickly joined them again. It seemed to take an age before they all finally agreed on what record they wanted to take and then the debate started again as they chose for Ray and Gerard.

"What's that you got there," Frank asked as he watched Jill placing another record on the deck.

"The pixies, I just love Gigantic," Jill said smiling at her Dad, "I used to listen to it all the time with my Mum."

"Your Mum had good taste," Frank replied.

"Mostly but she didn't half like some rubbish," Jack said lauging out loud.

Jill smirked, "That's true, she liked Cliff Richard."

"Who?" Mikey asked.

"Exactly, "Jill replied, "You are so lucky that you've never heard of the old coffin dodger, I swear Dad and me had to spend many hours wanting to burn the records and then the cd's."

Jack couldn't help laughing and he was so pleased to see his daughter sharing such a good memory and seeming genuinly happy.

"Dad show them your prized collection?" Jill said gently nudging him.

"You have more?" Mikey asked eager to see inside the cupboard that Jack was unlocking.

"The entire Beatles and Rolling Stones collections with the majority of Elvis's stuff too, all original." Jack proudly said displaying all the records.

"Wow," Bob replied just staring at them all.

Jack proceeded to take the records out and Jill couldn't help but smile as the other three quickly gathered around him and lapped up every word. She checked her watch and sighed as she realised they would have to be heading back soon. The time had just vanished and she so wished to have been able to stay longer.

"Dad, we'll need to be thinking about heading back," Jill said as the four men in front of her grimaced,"It's not my fault that you guys have commitments."

"Better not keep you lads back then," Jack replied as he started to put his prized collection back into the cupboard.

"I'm just going to nip up the stairs as I need to get a copule of things from my room," Jill said as she quickly left the room.

"Always in a hurry that one, you need to make her slow down," Jack said directly to Bob.

"We'll try," Bob replied.

"Well, it's been a pleasure to have met you boys and I'll look forward to hearing your new album." Jack said as he led them through the hall to the front door.

"I've had a great time and thank you for the album," Frank said as he shook Jack's hand.
"Me too," Mikey added, "I will treasure this and I'll make sure the album is sent as a vinyl."

"Thank you son," Jack replied warmly.

Mikey and Frank followed Worm to the car.

"It was nice to meet you Jack and thank you," Bob said holding up his vinyl.

"No problem at all Bob and it's been nice to meet you," Jack replied, "I rarely get to meet Jill's friends now that she is in London."

"You must miss her." Bob noted.

"Oh I do," Jack confirmed," But she's doing really well for herself and her Mum would be so proud."

Jack hesitated as he seemed to be trying to compose himself as he thought of his late wife, "You take care of my wee girl."

Bob smiled, "I will Jack I promise that's if she will let me."

Jack laughed, "She's just like her Mother."

Both their attentions were suddenly drawn to Jill as she appeared on the stairs. Jack quickly looked over at Bob and saw the way he looked at his daughter. This boy cared for her and the returning glance from Jill was enough to convince him that the feelings were genuine.

"I'll take your bag Jill," Bob instinctively said, "I'll see you in the car, lovely to meet you Jack."

"You too Bob," Jack replied.

Jack turned his attention to his daughter, "Lovely boys Jill."

Jill laughed,"I've had such a good time on the road with them."

"One in particular I think." Jack added wanting to see how his daughter would react.

"Dad please," Jill replied.

"I see the way he looks at you Jill, I may be old but I don't miss things like that."

Jill looked up at her Dad, "I do care for him Dad but what's the point," she said dejectively, "I live in London and he's all over the world plus he's a famous rockstar and I'm, well I'm just me."

"You have to give him a chance Jill, you might just surprise yourself. Don't let this slip through your fingers if you really feel for him," Jack assured her as he hugged her, "I love you Jilly."

"I love you too Dad and I promise to be back soon." Jill replied wiping the tears from her eyes.

"What's all this?" he asked gently wiping the tears she had missed.

"I miss you so much." Jill sobbed.

"I miss you too, now you better be going before you're late." Jack said huging her one last time, "Just let yourself live the moment Jill and see where it takes you."

"I will Dad, I promise,"

"Goodbye my Jilly," Jack said waving to his daughter as she walked back to the car.

"Bye Dad," Jill replied waving frantically as she sat in her car.
Jack watched as the car reversed out of the drive and disappeared down the road.





I hope you like the update and thanks again for the lovely reviews for my last chapter. It's just really good to know that people are reading this and enjoying it plus taking the time to rate and review. Thank you so much, your reviews keep me going and I really appreciate it.
Sign up to rate and review this story