Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > A Rogue's Journey

Chapter 1

by Fatalbluesweetie 0 reviews

A story that follows Rogue from the night her powers first activated onward until...well whenever I want to stop. Eventual Romyness, Jhonda and Kiotr...R&R...

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Colossus, Cyclops, Gambit, Iceman, Jean, Nightcrawler, Professor Xavier, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Shadowcat, Storm, Wolverine, Other - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-03-07 - Updated: 2006-03-08 - 998 words

1Exciting
A Rogue's Tale

By: FatalBlueSweetie

Disclaimer: I own everything but everything (a.k.a. I own nothing)

Chapter 1

The night was warm and clear. The moon was bright, the stars were plentiful. The air smelled strongly of honeysuckles and the pond rippled gently as the fish swam and the frogs jumped. Beside the small pond was a large shady oak tree. It had a large brown trunk and many green leafy branches. Under the tree sat two people enjoying a candle light picnic. The girl had soft auburn curls that cascaded down her back except for two small locks of white that framed her pale round face. She was average height and skinny but by no means weak. She could hold her own in a fight if need be. She was presently laughing quietly at a joke her companion had voiced. Her accomplice was tall and well built. The stereotypical football player. He had blonde hair that just grazed his ears and fell into bright blue eyes that you could drown in if you stared long enough. He was tan and beautiful. He was the epitome of all American boy.

The two sat under the tree, in a small park, in a small Mississippi town on the bank of the Mississippi River. The pair was enjoying a magical first date. They had been neighbors since they could remember and friends for just as long. It wasn't until the beginning of the summer before their junior year of high school that they decided to take their relationship a step further. This was that step.

The two sat on a red and white-checkered blanket with a large wicker picnic basket between them and a few long stick candles scattered around to provide a little light. In the basket was some southern comfort. The food they had grown up on; fried chicken and chili, gumbo and Cody's mom even made her award winning Pecan Pie as dessert.

The two ate happily as they talked about school and their summer plans. Cody was going to a football camp in mid July for a few weeks, while Marie stayed at home and helped her mother wait tables at the local diner.

The food was nearly gone and the two teens were satisfyingly full. Cody offered Marie a hand and helped her to her feet. He stepped out from under the tree's canopy of leafs and under a blanket of dark velvet spotted with bright white stars. Cody sat on the bank of the pond and lay back, bringing his girl with him. They watched the stars in a companionable silence. Cody turned his head and looked at the southern belle that was lying next to him. He propped himself up on his elbow and stared at her lips, slightly open taking in small breathes of the sweet air. Cody longed to touch them, to see if they were as soft as he imagined them. Marie's emerald eyes flickered to Cody's face and back up to the sky. Cody lifted his hand and gently touched her cheek, turning her head towards him. He seized the moment and brought his lips down to meet hers. The kiss was short and sweet. Cody smiled down at the girl beneath him. She smiled back and brought her hand up to the back of his neck. She pulled his head down onto hers and kissed him deeply.

It was then that it happened.

As their lips met and their tongues intertwined, something went wrong. Marie felt a pull and suddenly images that weren't her own were flashing in her mind. She saw a small blonde boy falling off a bike and a small red haired girl laughing while she was helping him up. Marie tried to break away from Cody but she couldn't. He had tightened his grip on her when the pull started. She struggled and yelled, but it did no good, her yells were simply muffled by Cody's mouth. Eventually Marie was able to break Cody's grip as he withered and shook. She jumped to her feet and ran. She didn't know where she was running or what was happening, all she knew was that she was one of them, what she was taught to despise. She was a mutant. She was what her mother, her town, her world hated.

She knew she couldn't go home. She knew her mother would know something was wrong, she just had a sixth sense and God knows what she would do to Marie if she found out. She would never be accepted here any longer and she knew it had to do with whatever she had done to Cody.

'Ah kissed him an' somethin' happened, lahke...lahke Ah was suckin' the lahfe outta him or somethin'. God Ah'm a frickin' succubus or somethin'. But whah didn't whatevah happened happen when Ah kissed him the first tahme? Oh God what if it happens again? Is it only when Ah kiss someone or can Ah nevah touch anyone again? Oh God Ah'm a leper!' All these thoughts and questions darted in and out of Marie's mind, along with memories that weren't hers, as she made her way through the darkened streets of town, on her way to her house to grab her things.

Marie ran back to her house and snuck in her bedroom window. She could hear the television from the living room down the hall and prayed that it would cover up any noise that she made. She would grab some clothes and 'borrow' some money from her mother, it was the least the woman could do, then write a note and disappear into the night, never to be seen or heard from again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The morning sun roused Marie's mother, who upon entering Marie's room found a hastily written note. As she read, the woman's heart screamed as did her head. She never would have thought that her own flesh and blood could become something so unclean and despised...
Sign up to rate and review this story