Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Amnesia? Never Heard Of It...(chapter 1)

Chapter 1

by SinsNotTragedies95 4 reviews

spencer and ryan meet in their first period band class and are instant friends. but what happens when ryan gets amnesia and doesnt remember the remarkable bond they share?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-09-23 - Updated: 2008-10-01 - 524 words - Complete

0Unrated
Spencer has always consumed music like the oxygen he breathes. His very existance depends on his ability to create and listen to music. So when the time came for him to pick his 9th grade classes, of course he chose band, playing the drums. It didnt really matter to him that he was moving to a new part of Las Vegas. In fact, he was kinda happy. over the last month, his parents had let him soundproof an extra room off the garage, and move all his drumming crap in there.

As he walked up the front steps of Bishop Gorman, a catholic high school, he tried to ignore the stares. Obviously, people here weren't used to guys wearing black eyeliner. He never was very social anyway, whether people were used to the eyeliner or not. Nobody ever shared hobbies or musical interests. The bell rang right as he reached the top of the massive steps, and in an effort not to be late to his first class, headed toward where he believed the band room to be. On the way, wouldn't you know it, he got mixed up, and ended up walking into the correct classroom right as the final bell rang. The only open seat in the massive sea of chairs was in the very back of the room, next to an anorexic looking boy with chocolate brown hair. As he sat down, the boy turned to look at him. The first thing Spencer noticed about him was the thin line of black eyeliner around the rims of the boy's eyes.

'Maybe someone I can relate to?' Spencer asks himself.

The boy turns his head back to it's previous position, which was staring blankly at the back of the seat in front of him. The boy's just-above-his-shoulder layered hair flipped away from his ears and Spencer noticed he was listening to an ipod. He wondered what was playing.

Through Spencer's observations, the teacher, a fat black man that spit everywhere when he talked, was calling role. He turned his attention to the fat man as he listened to various names being called. "Ross, Ryan?" he called. Noone answered. "ROSS, RYAN!?" he yelled, loudly this time. The boy with the ipod yanked one earphone out of his ear and quietly called "Here, sir," in an apathetic tone. "Smith, Spencer?" "Here.." Spencer called, barely louder than the previous boy's response. With the earphones out of his ears, Spencer could clearly hear what was playing. "Blink 182?" he asked the other boy, amazed. "Uh, yeah. You like them?" he sounded really suprised that Spencer was talking to him. Actually, Spencer was too. Remember, he's not very social. "Of course. Who doesn't like them?" The other boy rolls his eyes. "Like, everyone else at this school." "Oh wow. That's not cool." "Yeah, I know. I'm very disappointed with everyone's musical interests. You seem kinda cool though. What's your name?"

"I'm Spencer. And you are..."
"Ryan. Ryan Ross. 10th grade individual-ist (is that a word?) extrordinare."

And with that, the bell rang, and with a goodbye remark, they both headed off to the rest of their classes.
Sign up to rate and review this story