Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Assisted Revenge

Ch. 10: Moonmen

by fobXmcrXpatdX 0 reviews

Assisted Revenge goes to the VMAs... sorry this is not the long chapter I promised.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-09-26 - Updated: 2008-09-26 - 1198 words - Complete

0Unrated
This was insane. Bonkers. Unbelievable. What were we doing again? Oh, right. We were getting ready for the VMA’s.
Like I said, insane. We couldn’t believe it. How were we going to the VMA’s? No, we weren’t just going to the VMA’s, we were performing and up for two awards.
Again, bonkers.
So, while most people were putting on tuxes and frilly dresses, we were taking a different approach.
Very different approach.
Britt had on gray and white pinstripe skinnies with a white blouse and a gray and white pinstripe vest on top. At the moment, she was teasing her platinum blonde hair.
Brandon was wearing dark gray skinnies with a matching “dress” shirt and white tie. He wore a white jacket over it. At that second he was applying a little bit of eyeliner.
Keith was wearing a replica of Brandon’s ensemble, except the shirt and pants were white and the tie was black. The jacket was also black. He was sitting down, only getting up to help Britt with the parts of her hair that she couldn’t see.
Shane joined in the guys’ outfit party too, wearing a black version with a red tie and jacket. He was straightening his hair.
I was wearing red skinnies with a black tank top and loose red tie. I was applying eyeliner and re-straightening my hair.
We all topped our outfits off with fedoras. Britt’s was gray and white pinstripe, Brandon’s was white with a dark gray “ribbon.” Keith’s was black, Shane’s was red, and mine was black. We all wore Converses that matched the hats.
We got into our ride. Nothing special. It was actually just a black SUV (fuel efficient, of course), we didn’t have much of a budget.
So we arrived and talked to Alex Gaskarth about some stuff, since he was there for Buzznet.
“Vampires or Unicorns?” he asked at the end.
“VAMPS!” Britt and I cheered.
“Vampires.” Brandon nodded.
“Yeah... Vampires are sweet.” Keith agreed.
“Unicorns!” Shane said after a pause, “Noo, vampires, just kidding.”
We all laughed. Shane was definitely changed. A little more open.
We were actually called over to the Fashion Center-people-thing and we talked to Taylor Swift (she was in charge of that shit) about our outfits.
We were stoked about performing. We were performing a song I had written very recently titled Not So Sweet Dreams. What does that say to you? It says that I’m a big-time insomniac, which is true. I suffer from what I like to call “chronic nightmares.” That means that every time I shut my eyes to sleep, I have nightmares. It really stinks. Sometimes Britt will wake up at night and see I’m awake. She only has to say three words.
“Can’t or Won’t?” Can’t meaning I really just can’t sleep. Won’t meaning that the last dream was so bad I won’t go back to sleep.
So anyway, back to the awards. It was unbelievable. We were on right after the Rock Video Award, which we were up for with our video for Take It Away. We didn’t think it was likely for us to win either awards we were up for (we were also up for Best New Artist).
We didn’t think much of it. We would congratulate the winners and move on with the show.
We said hi to more of our friends (Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, etc.) then we went backstage. It was amazing!
We quickly went over the notes and lyrics of Nightmare before they came back from commercials, right before the Rock Award was presented.
The presenters (Slash [OMG] and Shia LaBeouf) came out and announced the nominees.
“Hah,” I whispered to Brandon, “No way. We’re against Fall Out Boy and Paramore. We aren’t winning.”
“Don’t be so pessimistic.” He whispered, hugging me.
“And the winner is…”
“ASSISTED REVENGE!”
I was dumbfounded. No way. No way.
“No WAY!” I yelled.
We were all but dancing as we went out on stage.
“Um… Wow. Thanks.” I said, “We’re really grateful that we’re here… We’d like to thank our friends, we consider them family. Our fans, who are also like family. Everyone at Decaydance Records, they’ve been so amazing to us. Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump for starting this insanity… Anyone else?” I looked at the others.
“Chicago!” Keith cheered into the mike.
"Thank you again. This is surreal.” Britt said.
Then we got off stage.
“Well, it was almost pointless for them to get off stage,” our performance announcer said, “Here’s Assisted Revenge performing Not So Sweet Dreams!”
Cheers erupted.
On the new victory high, we ran onstage more radiant than we ever thought possible. We kicked into the intro and I yelled, “Thank you VMA’s!” before starting to sing.

Clutch my pillow close to my heart.
Afraid to close my eyes
Unwilling to go to the other side
The side in which hell corrupts in my sleep

They say what you don’t know won’t hurt you
Yet I know nothing and I bleed and die every night.

Wake me up.
I don’t like this dream anymore.
Let me go.
Open up my mind’s locked door
Get me out
I’d die if I needed to.
To wake up and see your face.

The scars won’t go away.
My mind is haunted by these sights.
Corpses in the streets
I can call them each by name.

They say what comes around goes around.
But what did I ever do?

Wake me up.
I don’t like this dream anymore.
Let me go.
Open up my mind’s locked door
Get me out
I’d die if I needed to.
To wake up and see your face

Nightmares end once you wake up.
That’s what I used to believe.
Now I believe that when I wake up
This nightmare isn’t gone

I’d die.
These dreams.
Make me want to scream
I can’t
Mouth’s dry
Make these words come out of me.
I’d die.
These dreams
Make me need you more.

Wake me up.
I don’t like this dream anymore.
Let me go.
Open up my mind’s locked door
Get me out
I’d die if I needed to.
To wake up and see your face
I’d die…
These dreams…
I need you more…
Wake up and see your face…


We ended up losing Best New Artist to Tokio Hotel. But that was fine. We wanted them to win. We walked away like the first men in space as we held our first Moonman. It’d hopefully be the first of many.


.....................
I'm so sorry. I promised you guys a hugee chapter and Its... not done yet. We're saving it for the second season of FNMTV. Plus, I had too many ideas to wait and we're (mersey and I) not even remotely done. So I'm deeply sorry. I've been writing my own, new ideas nonstop since monday. I haven't died. I'm back! lol
Sign up to rate and review this story