Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Summer Romance

My Summer Romance Part 2

by McrRcks5 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-09-30 - Updated: 2008-09-30 - 932 words

0Unrated
The following morning, I worked through my usual morning routine and prepared myself for work. Today I was helping at poolside with Becca. We weren’t doing the exciting job of waiting to dash to someone’s rescue. Oh no that would be far too interesting for our lives. Instead we served the swimmers refreshments such as food and drink as well as certain swimming items that they may have missed on the camp’s store. I stared into my cereal bowl. The remaining Coco Pops were floating around in the chocolate milk. Those few Coco Pops were like the few shreds of dignity I had left. I finished off the taunting cereal and washed the bowl. Just as I done that, there was a rapid knocking at my door. I had wondered where my two friends had disappeared. Yet again they had left and forgotten the keys. I grabbed my bad and we all made our way to the main centre. “At least we’re not cleaning up after our customers as well.” Becca said trying to make light of the situation. It was true. Many customer would eat or drink lots then jump straight back in the pool. This led to Jo having to clear up after them. “Guess what sis? I’m with you guys today and will be from now on. They’ve hired a proper cleaner.” We cheered and whooped at the thought of Jo not being surrounded by mops, buckets, disinfectant and puking children. Our happy streak was ruined as soon as we arrived at the poolside store. Especially Becca. The store had been attacked a little bit by some teenagers and so while Becca had some disappointment, Jo would as well because her first job of the day, as she wouldn’t be able to run the store on her own, would be to clean the graffiti off. I handed her the various paint strippers and cloths. She went off sulking but I knew she wasn’t that upset with me. She was just mucking around well I hoped she was. I opened the store and a walkie-talkie next to me spoke. Well the device itself didn’t but Becca’s voice was heard come from the speakers. It was crackled and muffled but I heard her say, “I am NOT coming out there!” I picked up the walkie-talkie and said back, “Don’t be silly. It can’t be that bad and only me and Jo know who you are. Everyone else are too busy having fun to notice you.”



Reluctantly Becca came out into the open. She squeezed through the door looking quite grumpy. It was quite funny but I did genuinely feel sorry for her. Jo started laughing and Becca stormed over to her. I grabbed on the some ‘lettuce’ to stop a sibling scene. Holidaymakers started surrounding the pool. “So why are you a burger?” Jo asked Becca. Becca sighed and stood where everyone could hear her then she shouted loudly, “COME TO THE POOL STORE WHERE BURGERS ARE HALF PRICE IF YOU SPEND £15!” Women started nudging their husbands and partners at the hint of a bargain. At least Becca’s embarrassment was going to get the store some business. Jo was leaning against the pool store and whining, “Why are the kids flying?” I looked at her strangely and then realised that she had not been properly covered whilst dealing with some very strong paint stripper. She hadn’t even put on the mask I had given her. I made her sit down and feeling as though I was the only sane one today started serving customers. Then I noticed the pool doors opening and out stepped the group of men that we met the previous night. “That’s them!” I whispered to Becca. Jo overheard and stood up and saw them. She staggered over to them, put her arms out and said, “Friends!” She wrapped her arms around Mikey and started talking to a ‘bird’ in Ray’s hair. Mikey lifted her and put her back in her seat.

As the others made their way over, Becca turned around. Frank smiled and said hello. In reply Becca said, “Hi I’m B-B-Becca.”

“I’m F-F-Frank.” he replied, teasing her. Gerard winked at me again like he had done when he was saying goodbye. I smiled and felt myself blush slightly so I put my head down. They all sat on sun loungers and started removing clothing. We all tried not to stare but when I saw Gerard’s body, I felt my face go redder. I definitely thought he was the better looking of the group. We weren’t the only ones noticing them though. Now it was the younger girls to start nudging one another. I started daydreaming about Gerard and myself together… then snapped out of it when Gerard was in front of me telling me that everyone had gone home and Becca was stuck in the door. I went to help Frank who was stuck inside. They were facing one another and Frank was pushing her back. As I got to the side to work out how to unstuck Becca, I heard Frank say, “Um… I may be vegetarian but you look the tastiest burger I’ve seen. She giggled slightly and then she shot out of the door, Frank still holding on and they feel into the empty pool. Jo who was still high on the fumes jumped up from her chair where Mikey was guarding her and joined them by bombing into the water.
Sign up to rate and review this story