Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Deadly Chemical Life (Sequel to My Simple Chemical Life)

A Surprise Visit

by Moonshyne 3 reviews

Laurhen finds a way to cheer Bob up.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-09-30 - Updated: 2008-09-30 - 1415 words - Complete

0Unrated
I couldn’t let Bob see how he affected me. He’s told me more than once his life was with Ali and Bobby and so I need to move on. I was such a mess when John and I first went out for the ride, but we stopped and we talked. I told him everything he was so easy to talk to. I told him that right now I couldn’t feel for him the way that he wanted me to but he said that was okay he would wait and we could just get to know each other better. Then he kissed me again. They were sweet reassuring kisses not the passionate I need to have you now kisses that Bob gave me. Not to say there were times that Bob’s weren’t sweet and reassuring, we had plenty of those especially at the beginning when I was having problems. But even those had a certain intensity to them that I just don’t have with John. I hope it’s just not yet and someday it will be. I hope someday I’ll stop pining over Bob like he’s stopped pining over me.

I met John outside his door.

“All set?”

“Yeah,” I said quietly.

“I heard footsteps come up the stairs, was it Bob?” he asked.

“Yeah, I just want to stop being in love with someone who doesn’t love me. I just want to get over him.”

He put his arms around me, “When you’re ready you will.”

“I hope I don’t lose you in the mean time.”

“I’m not going anywhere until you tell me to.”

“Thank you,” I whispered as he kissed my lips softly, then it turned into something more hungry.

We broke apart when we heard a door slam, it was Bob.

“C’mon let’s go we don’t have much time before the plane leaves and we have a drive back to London.”

I went to grab my bags but John got them first. I went to say goodbye to Bob but thought better of it, it would only upset me. I needed to keep it together for this trip. The man was already wary because of the heartache Mark caused his family and the fact the Japanese really don’t like dealing with women as a head figure. It wasn’t going to be a fun trip. The good thing is John’s dad will be there and I could find out what he knows if anything.

Bob’s POV

I heard the door slam and I knew she was gone, she didn’t even say goodbye to me. But I have no right to feel this way I brought it on myself. Funny thing is I thought she would always wait for me. I know it’s selfish, she deserves a shot at happiness too.

I looked at my watch and I knew soon it was going to be time to watch my daily video. I need to go back to focusing on Ali and my son, Madison was a pipe dream at best.

I walked out of my room and called for Laurhen, I needed her password to get on the computer.

“Laurhen,” I called.

I watched as she slowly walked out her room with her head bent down.

“What’s the matter?” I asked.

“I feel like I offended you by speaking to you like that,” she said with her head bent down.

I placed my bent forefinger under her chin and lifted her face so I could look into her eyes. “I wasn’t offended; actually it made me realize a few things. I need to focus on my wife and family and forget about Maddie, she’ll be a lot better off with your brother.”

“You don’t mean that, do you?”

“Someday I hope to.”

“My daily video’s been up for a couple of hours you want to go watch it with me?”

“Sure.”

I usually do this alone, but it will be nice to share it with someone.

We made our way to the library and she logged on for me. Before I knew it I was staring at Bobby who now had two bottom teeth as he smiled at the camera reaching out calling dada. He was crawling all over the place they would stop and go into a sitting position and start bouncing on his butt. God he looks so much like Ali but I can also see some of me in there. But he confused me when he smiled it was that one sided dimple that belonged to neither Ali or I but really looked familiar, maybe a relative or something. Before I knew it my five minutes was up. I wanted to watch it again but knew that might bring up suspicions.

I just stared and the search menu where there was a picture somewhere in the middle of the video and stared at it. Then I typed in MCR Live MSG Helena, it was the last song that we performed together. I watched clicked on the clearest one that showed the whole stage. I stared the video it was the first time I saw if from a fan’s POV we played our hearts out that night. As we finished Gerard said if we never played a live show again keep yourselves alive. It was because we heard about this girl in England that killed herself and we were considered part of the reason. A lot of adults just don’t get it saying we’re glamorizing death by saying you get a parade. If they really listened to the whole album and really pay attention to the story the patient finds out that death sucks, and in the end he wants to live.

We were also facing other problems at least I am. The pain in my wrist has only gotten worse and I definitely need surgery. Before this mess I had already scheduled it, but now I wonder if I’ll still need it. Not if I’m locked behind bars. I looked at the screen and saw my four best friends. It’s been almost two weeks since I last saw them and it seems like a life time ago. I’ve gone longer without seeing them but we always had some kind of contact every day either through texting, phone or e-mail. It seems I really need them the most right now, even more than at that Paramour, or when I was hospitalized with the abscess, or hurt my wrist. Right now it seems like I’m at the lowest point of my life and I have no one to talk to. It was then I noticed that Laurhen was still in the room.

“You really miss them, don’t you?”

“Yeah. It’s killing me that I can’t talk to them.”

“You can always talk to me.”

“You’re a sweet girl Laurhen, but these are my best friends they know me better than anyone else.”

I think I made the girl upset because she ran out of the room.

Laurhen’s POV

I hoped our plan worked we’ll find out at nine tonight, the past few days have been horrible watching Bob sink deeper and deeper into a depression. I must say I couldn’t do it without the help of Maddie she knew how to get past the possible police traps that might be out there. She may have been mad at Bob when she left but her doing this for him shows how much she cares about his well being.

I’m really getting to like her. No matter who she chooses.

Narrator’s POV

In a residence in the Midwest

There was a knock on the door of the white A frame house.

“Mom can you get that?” cried Katelyn, who was trying to dry her hair because she just got out of the shower.

There was no answer.

“MOM!!!”

Again no answer.

‘Damn they must not be home’, she thought.

She went to the door knowing it was that kid Steven from down the street he always came at this time because he had a crush on Laurhen, even though he never met her and there was half a country and a huge ocean separating.

She opened the door in exasperation and then stared at the four figures in front of her.
Sign up to rate and review this story