Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Life Is A Sleazy Stranger And This Is His Favorite Bar...

Karma Police, Arrest This Man...

by sblood311 0 reviews

Pete can't get away from her...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-10-03 - Updated: 2008-10-03 - 513 words

0Unrated
Chapter Two: Karma Police, Arrest This Man.

Pete’s POV:

Suddenly, there she was. Apple Hartley and her big voice. I couldn’t escape it. Everyone was talking about her band Apple And Eve. Mean while I hadn’t seen her since I was twenty-four and she was twenty. I didn’t want to hear her words, they frightened me. She had always frightened me. She was so angry, I had only hardened that anger. I had needed to be her friend. That’s what she’d needed. I was supposed to be the one who melted her fear. I didn’t do what I should have. They were talking about her in the office when I walked in on Sunday morning. “Yeah, man. I was there. Fucking powerful stuff. She’s scary.” A guy said as he spoke to Patrick. “Yeah, not really my kind of music.” Patrick replied. “Yeah, me neither. But she’s making such a stir, I had to check her out and boy am I glad I did. I have never seen a audience so... quiet. I swear man, you could’a heard a pin drop. They were so captivated.” The guy continued to rave. “Really?” Patrick was now interested. “Yeah, man. You gotta go check her out. She’s playing at the same place Friday. I’m going, you should come.” Patrick turned his attention to where I was standing. “You wanna come with?” I felt a wave of nausea hit me. “No.” Was all I could say. “I know she makes angry chick music but fuck... Hold on.” What was he doing? I panicked as he pulled up a web page. “Listen to this man.” He clicked and a guitar filled the small office space. As it filled the room her voice came with it. I almost didn’t recognize it. Where had they small shy voice gone? Where had this strength come from? From those around her who were supposed to be there for her. They were supposed to make feel like the most important person on the planet and they didn’t... I didn’t.

“When I say you sucked my brain out
the English translation
is I am in love with you
and it is no fun
but I don't use words like love
'cuz words like that don't matter
but don't look so offended
you know, you should be flattered.”

That hit me like a ton of bricks. When the song ended Patrick took a deep breath. “Wow.” The other guy just nodded. “Yeah, sure wouldn’t want to the one she’s mad at.” I had to get out of there. “Patrick, I’m gonna go get lunch.” I practically ran for the door. I couldn’t breathe. I just barely heard Patrick call at my back. “But it’s only ten o’clock.”

I have no ideal how, or why I am now sitting in Checks bar. Damn Patrick and his persuasive ways. The lights go down a I feel my head telling me to run. But I can’t.
Sign up to rate and review this story