Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'll Be Your Distraction

02: It Echoes

by mcr_lover103 2 reviews

Sleepy Frankie meets the ghost.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2008-10-11 - Updated: 2008-10-12 - 1168 words

1Original
I went home and acted like everything was normal. I had a peaceful dinner at home with my parents. They were pretty cool people. They accepted me when I came out as bisexual and allowed me to dress however I wished. I loved them as much as an angst ridden teenager could. Today they were each indulging in gossip from each other's offices. This suited me well because I had other things on my mind right now. I could only stare off into space in a dead stare. That body - that person, had a family too. What were they doing right now? Did they know that person was gone, dead in the woods? Were they looking for him or her? I couldn't think straight. As soon as I was able to, I dashed off to my room.

Trotting up the stairs, I made my way down the hallway and to my room. Closing the heavy wood bedroom door behind me, I felt my lungs refill with air as I was met with the regular look of my room. The red of my walls with a few posters spread around the room. My queen sized bed was in the far corner, its blue sheets messy as usual. Everything was just fine. I glance over at the digital clock situated on the top of my bright pink dresser. It read a little past nine, signaling my need for sleep. I was the kind of person who could go to bed at three in the afternoon and wake up dead tired the next morning. I walked over to my bed, careful not to step on any clothes lying on the floor. I hadn't gotten the chance to clean up. Stripping down to my boxers before shutting off the lights, I hopped into bed. I found that sleeping was the best cure for my getting rid of any unwanted thoughts. Snuggling into my sheets like a hibernating bear, I closed my eyes. I couldn't wait to slip into a dreamless unconscious state. Boy was I wrong.

Just before I fell asleep, I swear I heard the same sound as I heard in the forest. I force one eyelid open, not seeing anything which caused me any alarm. I snuggle my face into my pillow once I decide that there is nothing to be alarmed about. Just as my muscles begin to relax, I hear another sound. My eyes shoot open, head lifting from my smoochy pillow. My gaze stops at the glowing man standing at my dresser. He isn't facing me, instead inspecting an old photo of me and my friend, Lynx. I know this stranger is a ghost just by his aurora. However, he is different.

I have seen millions of ghosts throughout my lifetime. Each had a slight golden glow to them, much like the Virgin Mary has in the paintings of her. This young man was the only exception. He instead had a silver glow which perplexed me to no end. It couldn't just be a regular ghost in my room, no, it had to be a ghost who was so different from all the rest.

"Wah- who are you?" I try to say without sounding so scared, breaking all of the no-talking rules I had set up for myself. I have no choice but to talk to him. He is in my room after all. He has crossed all boundaries that I thought ghosts had.

The ghost turns around and I am shocked to see such a beautiful face staring back at me. He has shoulder length black hair and lovely hazel eyes, the kind you can get lost it. His skin is pale like most spirits, but I have a feeling that this particular apparition had this complexion during life as well.

"I'm the ghost who's body you just left in the woods," he replies, his voice smooth and lacking in any form of anger. I decide that I shouldn't be too worried that he was back for revenge.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that," I say softly, not believing that I was having any sort of conversation with him. "I can call the cops about that or something if that's what you're here about."

He smiles at me, taking a step closer. "Nah, it's okay. It's just that I have been a ghost for three days and it's boring. And since you're the only one who can see me, I've decided to follow you around."

"Wait! You can't just scamper along after me all the time," I exclaim, my eyes widening, "You got to do whatever ghosts are supposed to do. Go into the light or something."

The attractive ghost laughs lightly at my outburst. "Sorry, but the fact is, you see me and I am not going to sit around lonely. Consider me part of the family now. I'm Gerard by the way."

"Oh," is all I manage to say. It was not every day that a ghost tells me that they have decided to stalk me for basically eternity.

"You see, this is when you're supposed to say your name as well," Gerard says to me.

"It's Frank," I reply, watching as he now stands in front of me. He holds out his hand for me to shake it. I figure that my hand is going to go right through his, but I go to take his hand anyway. It's the thought that counts anyway.

Ready for my hand to slip through and an awkward moment to be shared between us, I am startled to find that he is able to hold onto my hand. Gerard is as whole as any other person would be. My jaw practically drops at this new experience; I had never even been this near to a ghost. Finished with the proper gesture of introduction, Gerard pulls his surprisingly soft hand away when I forget to let go. I am still amazed.

"That's pretty sweet, huh?" Gerard smiles at me.

I nod silently, not knowing what to do at this point. A hot ghost had appeared in my room during the middle of the night. I don't know whether to run or find out more about Gerard. I may have zoned out after this because I soon find Gerard staring at me. This time he is the confused one.

"You okay Frankie?" he coos at me. He's the only one who has ever called me that before, even though it seems like such an obvious nickname.

"Well you know, it's kind of surprising that you're..." I pause before I can finish. I don't want to dwell on the fact that he is a ghost, despite the fact that it's a big thing about him.

"... That I'm so hot?" Gerard says, guessing as to how I was going to finish my sentence. I blush profusely at his little joke.

Oh how fun it was going to be to have him with me for eternity.





* Review please it you'd like more!*
Sign up to rate and review this story