Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'll Be Your Distraction

03: The Fires They Grew

by mcr_lover103 8 reviews

Do ghosts even sleep?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2008-10-20 - Updated: 2008-10-20 - 923 words

2Original
Hola! Thanks to the few people that did review, I really appreciate it!



Chapter 03: The Fires They Grew

I was not too sure what to do. I had no clue whether Gerard’s little comment was meant to be taken as a joke or not. Knowing Gerard for as short as a time as I had though, I figured that Gerard was serious. He was a little too, umm, bold, for my taste. I guess I would just have to live with it. Literally.

“So, umm, do you guys have to sleep or anything?” I asked, trying to figure out how tonight’s sleeping arrangements were to play out. I prayed that Gerard needed sleep for whatever bizarre reason. He seemed like the kind of guy who would watch me sleep if he didn’t have to.

“We can sleep if we choose to, but we don’t need it,” Gerard replied with a smile so stunning I knew he had to have been a knockout during his life, “I have been since you pesky mortals sleep and I get so bored.”

“Dude, you do realize that you were alive like three days ago, right?” I questioned a bit rudely, not liking being called a pesky mortal by such a newborn ghost.

The glowing ghost giggled. That’s right, giggled.

“This is going to be so much fun living with you,” Gerard grinned, continuing after he saw my confused face. “It’s so easy to annoy you. It’s so much fun.”

I groaned inwardly. “Well I am glad my annoyance will be a source of pleasure for you.”

Gerard smiled once again, his face forming a playful smirk as he caught me yawning. Not because of him, let me assure you, but because this conversation was carrying on so late. Well, late according to my internal clock.

“Awww, is my little Frankie sleepy?” the ghost teased instantly, “I guess it’s time to go to sleep. Better make room for me then.”

As soon as my tired mind processed this, my eyes shot open. Did he really expect me to let him sleep in my bed with me?

“What? No way in hell,” I grouchily responded, wrapping my covers more tightly around me to prove my point. I just hoped he would not challenge me. Despite his ghost state, Gerard’s ability to be as whole as anyone else made it clear that he was definitely stronger than I was.

Gerard let out a sigh much like a patient parent would. “Frankie, now please, we could do this the easy way or the hard way. I promise I won’t feel you up. Unless you want me to, of course.”

Going over the ‘Gerard is stronger than me’ point once again, I begrudgingly released some of my comforter, showing my surrender. Gerard climbed in next to me, situating himself as to give us a few inches of separation. His back was turned to me, allowing me a little bit more privacy. Gerard actually seemed to be going to sleep, his harmonic, deviant voice no longer carrying to my ears.

I, however, was not having the easiest time. It was not that Gerard was sleeping right next to me, I could deal with that. It was just that his silver glow was keeping me up. During our whole conversation, his aurora had been all the light I needed. Now it was just keeping me up.

“Hey Gerard?” I whispered softly, secretly hoping he was still awake.

Gerard didn’t open his eyes but his body did shift so his face was turned to me. “What? Changed your mind about me feeling you up?”

I blushed, instantly glad that he wasn’t looking at me. “No… I was just wondering if you could, like turn off the glow or something?”

“Sorry Frankie, but that’s the part of the package deal of being a ghost,” Gerard smiled, opening his eyes, “Why? Am I keeping you up?”

“Well yes, but if there’s nothing you can do then it’s not your fault,” I replied, smiling slightly as a way to show that everything was fine.

“Yep, take it up with the guy who killed me,” the gorgeous ghost casually responded, producing a small yawn, probably out of instinct than need.

I was surprised by the offhanded way he was able to bring up something as major as his murder. The gruesome story had never crossed my mind until now.

“How did that, umm, happen?” I lightly questioned, hoping he would tell me something to ease my mind, which was already creating so many different scenarios.

Gerard smiled softly, stroking the side of my face before turning his body to face away from me. “That is a story for another night honey. Right now you need your sleep, pesky mortal.”

The skin where he had touched me burned as if it was on fire, but with passion. How could this ghost get to me in this way? I pushed these thoughts to the back of my mind. There was no room for these thoughts.

Gerard glow suddenly dimmed, casting only a faint glow. The ghost gave off light that could only be compared to the comforting glow of a child’s nightlight.

“Any better?” he questioned.

“Much better, thanks.”

My obnoxious, loud, beautiful nightlight.




Don't worry, it wont be just fluffy drabble much longer; there actually is a plot and adventures about to brew beginning in two chapters or so. Review if you like it!!
Sign up to rate and review this story