Categories > Anime/Manga > Love Hina > Love Hina: Payback

Part Four

by Headcrook 0 reviews

Naru's downfall continues...

Category: Love Hina - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2008-10-12 - Updated: 2008-10-12 - 2483 words

1Ambiance
Part Four

Six months had passed since the residents of Hinata House and their manager have last seen Naru and Kentaro.

Keitaro, seeing that his revenge against the both of them was complete, continued his studies at Tokyo University under Seta's tutelage. In those six months, everyone's lives at Hinata House has changed.

Motoko had graduated from high school and was currently attending cram school, deciding to attend Tokyo University following the Shinmeiryu training hall becoming a Japanese landmark and national treasure by the Japanese government. Tsuruko resumed teaching classes in a new training hall, having reached a compromise with her younger sister. Both Aoyama sisters will become joint owners of the Shinmeiryu School. Motoko, having taken an interest in law following a school project, decided to pursue a degree in law, as well as a second degree in physical education.

Shinobu started her freshman year in high school and made several new friends. She had gotten over her crush with Keitaro, having seen him in a new light following the now-infamous Birthday Incident. The chef of Hinata House sees the manager as an older brother, rather than a love interest. Suu and Sara were both in middle school, the Molmolian princess one grade ahead of Sara. Suu continued to make her inventions, but seeing as how Keitaro was stuck with the repair bills, used her more-destructive inventions at an unknown location, rather than Hinata House.

Kitsune and Mutsumi were now the co-owners of the Hinata Teashop, following Haruka's marriage to Seta. Kitsune's first novel was a hit and she also worked as a freelance writer for several newspapers in the area. Surprisingly, the fox had toned down on her drinking and gambling. Speaking of the aforementioned aunt, Haruka Urashima-Seta was with her husband on their honeymoon in Fiji...not to mention checking out some old ruins in the forest, reigniting Haruka's passion for archaeology.

Kanako had returned to Granny Hina and resumed her world tour with her grandmother, letting her know what has happened at the dorm. Hinata was upset over Naru's actions, but applauded Keitaro for finally growing a spine and dealing with Naru's adultery like a man...and then some. As for Mutsumi, she and Keitaro had gotten closer as friends. But the Okinawan knew that it would only be a matter of time before she would ensnare Keitaro.
===
For most Japanese, Kabukicho is an well-known entertainment and red-light district in the Shinjuku district of Tokyo. Home of many hostess bars, host bars, love hotels, shops, restaurants, and nightclubs, it is often called the "Sleepless Town." The district's name comes from late-1940s plans to build a kabuki theater: although the theater was never built, the name stuck.

It was also the location where Naru Narusegawa and Kentaro Sakata were hiding, and has been for the past six months.

Naru had managed to get a job working at the local bookstore several blocks down from the apartment that she shared with Kentaro. The manager, a woman in her late thirties, was nice enough to give Naru the job, even though Naru knew she could make more working at one of the restaurants or hostess clubs. But her hand was still recovering from the incident at Tokyo University and will still be recovering for a long time.

Kentaro had managed to get a job working a a business firm under an alias. He had worked hard to the point that his bosses have noticed his decdication and promoted him. However, he was to spend a year overseas at their North American office in Hawaii, leaving Naru behind. He did, however continued to support her by sending her money to pay for the rent and other bills.

Only this time, he didn't send any. This worried Naru to no end, and it was that time of the month when Kentaro's friend - the landlord - was demanding the rent.

It was late when Naru returned from her job at the bookstore. The manager needed help in closing up, something which Naru was nice enough to help out with. After leaving the bookstore, Naru returned to the apartment that she shared with Kentaro.

Naru locked the door behind her and walked over to the phone. The answering machine showed that there was a single message. 'Must be from Kentaro,' Naru thought as she pressed play. 'I hope he's sending me the money for the rent.'

Beep.

"Hey, Naru. It's me," Kentaro's voice came from the machine. Naru noticed the tone in his voice. She had heard it before, only it came from Keitaro on that day he threw her out. "I'm not coming back to Kabukicho. You should have seen this coming. Now I know why Keitaro wanted nothing to do with you. I thought it would be cool to date you, but your temper is something else."

'My temper?' Naru thought. 'I haven't attacked him. I yelled at him, but I didn't touch him...unless he means the time I kicked him out the door and out the window. Damn baka gave me that reflex'

"I'm not coming back to Japan," Kentaro continued. "I met someone who doesn't use me as a human punching bag and who loves me for me. I'm sorry about this, Naru, but I can't deal with this anymore--"

Naru clicked the answering machine off as she slowly digested what has happened.

Kentaro had abandoned her. Just like the others before.

With a savage yell, Naru knocked the phone and answering machine to the ground, the phone and answering machine shattering on impact. Before she could start tearing the room apart, there was a knock on the door.

"Narusegawa? It's Hayate," the landlord said through the door.

Naru sighed as she unlocked the door and opened it, allowing the landlord to enter. Hayate was nice enough in allowing her and Kentaro to stay here, but how would he take it if she told him that Kentaro wasn't coming back, that he was starting over in America, without her?

Hayate looked at the destroyed phone and answering machine. "Kentaro told you about not coming back?" he asked.

Naru looked up. "He told you first, didn't he?" she asked.

Hayate nodded. Were Naru was paying any attention, she would have noticed that the look Hayate was giving her was that of phony sympathy...and something else he had in mind. "I'm here to let you know that if you can't come up with the rent by tomorrow noon, you're gonna have to leave."

"There's no way I can get the rent money in by tomorrow," Naru objected. "I need more time."

Hayate shook his head. "Sorry. I'm already pushing my luck in allowing you to stay here. I need the cash." He then paused for a moment. "Unless...we come to some sort of arrangement..."

"What kind of arrangement?" Naru asked blindly. Her expression then changed from worried to disgust as she realized what Hayate meant by 'arrangement.' "No way. Forget it." Now she was yelling. "There is no way I am going to do that to pay for the rent!"

Hayate closed the door behind him. "There is no other way." He looked at what Naru was wearing; a blouse and a skirt which stopped before hitting her knees and a pair of heels. She also had her eyeglasses on. "You're a very beautiful woman, Naru. Why you want to work in a bookstore when you could make more working as a hostess for one of the hostess bars is beyond me. I can see why Kentaro was smitten with you."

"Get out of my home!" Naru shouted as she grabbed the nearest item she could get her good hand on, which was a baseball bat. "I will never use my body to pay for the rent, you goddamn pervert!"

Hayate shrugged his shoulders. "Fine. Have it your way. I'm sure the police would be interested in knowing your whereabouts following the little stunt you pulled six months ago," he said cooly. Off Naru's shocked impression, Hayate grinned. He had her right where he wanted her. "Of course I know about what had happened at Todai. Kentaro told me. Now the question is this: are you willing to pay the rent, or do I call the cops? I can make it very convincing where I won't be arrested for harboring a fugitive. So what do you say, Naru?"

Naru's shoulders slumped as she slowly removed her eyeglasses and placed them on the counter. She then dropped the bat to the floor and started to unbutton her blouse.

Hayate smiled. He had won. "Good girl."
===
Meanwhile, back at Hinata, a party was going on at the Hinata Teahouse. The reason being was that Kitsune was releasing her second novel and Hinata House was at the teahouse to celebrate. Keitaro, however, had declined Kitsune's invitation, and was alone in the dorm. The manager was finishing his presentation to the History Department of Tokyo University in the hopes of getting some school funds for Seta's excavations.

Since arriving at Tokyo University, Keitaro has earned the respect and admiration of the faculty, and given the fact that he was recovering from a bad relationship and was taking it well, he had gained the respect of the fellow students as well. Keitaro finished the presentation and decided that it was time to go to bed. He thought about going to Kitsune's teahouse party but decided against it. He need some sleep and with the dorm empty, he decided to take advantage of it.

"Keitaro..."

Keitaro turned around. Standing in the open doorway of his room, was Mustumi. The Okinawan woman entered the room and closed the door behind her. She was wearing a summer dress which would have turned many a male head if there were any around. Her long hair cascaded down her back, rather than in its usual braid. Keitaro noticed the look in her eyes. Instead of the usual ditzy look that made her look cute, there was instead a wanton look in them.

Mutsumi walked over to Keitaro. Without saying a single word, she leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. Wrapping her arms around him, marveling at how working with Seta has given him a slightly wiry frame, Mutsumi whispered softly in his ear.

"Kei-kun...you don't deserve to be alone...I have loved you for a long time, but I was willing to let you be with Naru so you can be happy. Keitaro...I still love you." Now she was kissing his jawline. "Please don't push me away..."

Keitaro gently pulled away from the Okinawan. "Mutsumi...I would never do that. Not to you." He placed one hand on her cheek, rubbing it gently. "I think I can give us a chance. You should have been my promised girl."

Mutsumi smiled softly and moved in again. This time, she kissed Keitaro softly on the lips. The manager responded in kind, wrapping his arms around the girl's back, pulling her close. Mutsumi sighed in the kiss as she wrapped her slender arms around Keitaro's neck. Mutsumi broke off the kiss, a mild blush on her face as she whispered, "Please, Keitaro...please make love to me...I trust you..."

By that moment's Keitaro's self-control had eroded to nothing as he gently set Mutsumi down on the futon. What had happened once they got their clothes off was their moment and their moment alone. No one interrupted them as Keitaro Urashima and Mutsumi Otohime expressed their love for one another in the only way possible.
===
Hayate slipped his pants back on and zipped them back up. Pulling his shirt over his head, he looked at Naru. She was naked, on her side in her futon, a glazed look in her eyes. Sweat glistened over her body as she tried to catch her breath, her clothes scattered all over the floor. In her mind, Naru knew she couldn't accuse Hayate of rape, since she agreed to sleeping with him in exchange for his silence and a roof over her head. She tried not to enjoy it, but her body had betrayed her...even though he was more rough with her than gentle.

Regardless of what had happened, Hayate had taken what remained of Naru's innocence. Keitaro had taken most of it when he had her shunned from Hinata House and Tokyo University, as did her family and Kentaro, even if it was inadvertently on his part.

Hayate let out a sigh of satisfaction. "Too bad Kentaro's not coming back. I'll take good care of you. Consider your rent paid for this month," he said before leaving the apartment. Before closing the door, Hayate added, "I'll be back next month. Tell anyone about our little arrangement and you will be on the streets before you knew what had happened."

Naru hugged her knees to her naked chest as the tears rolled down her cheeks. She began to cry, her body shaking as it was racked with her sobs. In her sadness, she was also angry. Angry for Kentaro abandoning her as her parents did before her.

But she was more angry at the one person who was the bane of her existence, and has been since that fateful day six months ago. As he had destroyed her dreams and her life, she soon planned to do the same with him.

Keitaro Urashima.
===
At Hinata House, a naked Mutsumi smiled contently as she felt Keitaro pressed up against her backside. Despite it being their first time, they gotten into a good rhythm and much to Mutsumi's delight, her lover had a high libido. Which led to two more rounds of lovemaking. 'Who knew that Mutsumi was a closet hentai?' Keitaro thought as he trailed one hand along Mutsumi's curves. 'Not that I'm complaining.'

He was surprised that he didn't get a fatal nosebleed when Mutsumi stripped her clothes off, showing off her perfect body. Or the chain of events that followed. Keitaro smiled to himself as he pulled Mutsumi close to him, smelling her scent, which not surprizingly, smelled like watermelons.

"Ara...such a bad boy, Kei-kun," Mutsumi said as she turned around, a feral smile on her usual demure face. "You want to have another go?"

"As much as I want to," Keitaro replied, "I'm drained. But I'm happy that you're with me," he said as he pulled her closer, her buxom chest pressed up against his own. He laid on his back, allowing Mutsumi to rest her head on his shoulder. All thoughts Keitaro had on Naru were squashed once he and Mutsumi made love to each other.

Keitaro knew that the other girls would have a field day once they found out. But he really didn't care. Mutsumi was his. that was the last thought he had before he finally fell asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story