Categories > Anime/Manga > Love Hina > Love Hina: Payback

Part Five

by Headcrook 0 reviews

When Naru snaps, Keitaro and Nabiki draw her in for a final confrontation.

Category: Love Hina - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2008-10-12 - Updated: 2008-10-12 - 7250 words

0Unrated
A.N.: The final chapter in Payback. If you are a Naru supporter/fanatic, don't read this, and don't flame me.

Part Five

Three months had passed since Kentaro had left Naru in Japan for a new life in Ameirca. Since then, Hayate had dropped by the apartment like clockwork, 'collecting' the rent as he always did with Naru. Even Naru had to admit that Hayate was better than Kentaro when it came to sex, but she never managed to let go of her hatred towards Keitaro. His words were still in her head on that fateful night.

"'After all, you can always spread your legs for him to pay for your rent.'"

Naru saw the bitter irony of Keitaro's words as she layed in the futon. At first, she was against the idea. Now, she was willing as Hayate left her alone in her room. In the nine months since her expulsion, her anger towards Keitaro, her former family and friends, and Tokyo University has reached a boiling point. Hayate using her body had dimmed it somewhat, but soon, it would return in full force. It was as if she had embraced her rage and hate, giving her focus.

Which was useful given her new pasttime: martial arts. While working at the bookstore one day, Naru had ran into an old classmate of hers from High School. The girl, who was expelled from high school over fighting, ran a martial arts studio, home to over forty karateka and kendoka, the latter having a serious grudge against Motoko Aoyama and the Shinmeiryu Dojo and several of the karateka members held a grudge against the School of Indiscriminate Grappling, particulary against one Genma Saotome.

After a shower, Naru, dressed incognito since the police were still looking for her and her picture was hanging outside the police stations all over Japan, left the apartment and was on her way to the studio. The dojo's majority was female, with several male members, guys who were kicked out of their original martial arts schools for being violent, which was perfect for the studio owner.

Reiko Tazikawa was a former bosozoku member who was ejected from the biker gang she had co-founded with a friend of hers. With the money she had left, she took an abandoned gym and transformed it into the Kabukicho Martial Arts Studio, with herself at the head. The school was in truth, a cover for its real purpose: the fact that every single member was part of a violent street gang, herself as the leader which controlled the area surrounding the studio. Naru saw them as only a means to an end, an instrument in her quest for revenge against Hinata House, the Urashima family, and Tokyo University.

Naru entered the studio and after exchanging several greetings with the regulars, Naru walked into the womens' dressing room and after several minutes, emerged in a crimson karate dogi, the sleeves rolled up to the elbows. Her hair was done in her usual twin pigtails, the disgraced ronin ready for her sparring session with Reiko. For the past three months, Naru had trained to the point of obsession, mastering Karate, as well as several techniques designed to break and maim.

Reiko knew Naru's story as to why she was training. She was training for revenge against everyone who had deserted her. The owner sympathized with her and rallied everyone to Naru's cause.
===
Naru's first target was Hayate.

The landlord was easy enough, given that it was time for rent once again. Upon entering Naru's apartment, Hayate was jumped by a squad of karateka who were hidden inside the apartment. Hayate ended up with a broken jaw, as well as several broken bones. With Hayate out of the way, Naru turned her vengeance onto her family. Naru had ordered her former family home burned to the ground. Thankfully, no one was inside, since her former family was away at Mei's school attending a school play.

Kitsune happened by accident. She was ambushed while she was on her way home from the horse tracks. Upon arriving at the train station that would take her to Hinata City, she was ambushed. Fortunately, Motoko had arrived following a training trip with her sister and together, the two Aoyama sisters came to Kitsune's aid before serious damage could be done.

Thinking that she was unstoppable, Naru then made her critical error.

She went after Nabiki Tendou.
===
Several days later...

Upon finding out that Nabiki's elder sister was attacked by a gang of martial arts thugs that had mistaken her for Mutsumi, Keitaro immediately called Nabiki and after explaining that Kitsune was also attacked the same group of thugs, invited her to Haruka's teahouse to discuss a course of action. Nabiki agreed, under the condition that she also brings three more people along. Keitaro agreed to the condition and after a brief talk with Haruka, set up the meeting two hours from now.
===
Hinata City.

"So what does this guy have to do with onee-chan being attacked?" Akane Tendou asked as Nabiki led her down the streets of Hinata City. Following behind was Akane's husband and mother-in-law.

"The guys that attacked Kasumi mistaken her for the girlfriend of a classmate of mine," Nabiki replied. "I'm just glad that you and Ranma were there to stop them from hurting her further. Damn it, they were after me."

Nabiki herself was now a target, since through her network of spies and informants - one of which who worked in Kabukicho at the same bookstore that Naru worked in - warned Nabiki that the middle Tendou herself was a target. Naru had found out that it was Nabiki who had bugged her phone and caught the incriminating phone call between her and Kentaro, aside the fact that Nabiki had belted her with that damned mallet, found herself in Naru's crosshairs as well.

Several days earlier, Mutsumi Otohime was in the Nerima Ward visiting a family friend from Okinawa who had set up shop in the ward's marketplace. Kasumi Tendou was also present, in a strange twist of fate. The Kabukicho gang, along with Naru, mistaken Kasumi for Mutsumi given their similar hairstyles and attacked the defenselss Tendou daughter. Naru recognized Nabiki from that day at Tokyo University and made a beeline for her, but Kasumi, in a selfless act, stepped in and took the Naru-punch to the head.

Naru had pulled back when she saw that the girl was not Mutsumi, but the damage had been done. Kasumi had suffered a concussion from the blow and was rushed to the hospital. Thankfully,there was no damage, but the doctors had kept her for an overnight stay.

"Here we are," Nabiki said as she stopped in front of the Hinata Teahouse.

Standing outside, was Haruka Urashima, arms folded, unlit cigarette sticking from her mouth. The elder Urashima sized up the three women and the man before her. "You're Nabiki Tendou?" Haruka drawled.

Nabiki nodded. "I am." She introduced her family to Haruka. "My sister, Akane Tendou and her husband, Ranma Saotome. The older woman is Ranma's mother, Nodoka Saotome. Ranma, Akane, Auntie Saotome, this is Haruka Urashima."

Nabiki still couldn't get over the fact that Ranma and her sister were married. Following the Jusendo Incident with Saffron, Ranma and Akane had secretly eloped, with only his mother and her sister knowing. Of course, Nabiki didn't know that both Ranma and Akane wanted the wedding. If she had known beforehand, she wouldn't have called over the rivals and the other fiancees to wreck it.

Haruka nodded in greeting. "Keitaro is inside waiting for you." She stepped to the side, allowing Nabiki and her entourage to enter. Once they were inside, Haruka entered and closed the door behind her. Seated at one of the tables, was Keitaro, Mutsumi, and Kanako. After introductions went around, the two families sat down over a pot of tea to discuss the eminent threat of Naru Narusegawa, hell-bent on revenge.

"How's your sister?" Keitaro asked.

"She's recovering," Nabiki replied. "And your friend?"

"Kitsune's okay. I'm just glad that Motoko and her sister were there to help her," Keitaro replied.

"Who's she?" Akane asked.

"Motoko Aoyama is the dorm's resident kendoka," Keitaro explained.

"Does she recite Shakespeare or sprout really bad poetry?" Ranma asked as he stuffed a cake in his mouth.

"No, but she does write really raunchy romance novels," Mutsumi replied.

The cursed martial artist breathed out a sigh. "Good. One Kunou is bad enough," Ranma muttered.

"So what is this about?" Akane asked. "Why did my sister drag us here?"

"It's a long story," Kanako replied. "Onii-chan should tell it to you."

Their attention turned to Keitaro, the manager began to tell them everything. From being placed as landlord of Hinata House by his grandmother to his rocky 'relationship' with Naru.

"As it turns out, Naru was just using me as a means to an end," Keitaro continued. "She would accuse me of being a pervert and attack me for no apparent reason."

"Sounds like someone I know," Ranma muttered, which earned him an elbow to his side by Akane.

"While I was working with Seta overseas, Naru cheated on me with someone I once considered as a friend," Keitaro explained. "Two of my friends told me about this and I sent Kanako here to verify it. That was when I decided to return. But before I could confront her about what she had done, I needed more proof, so that's where Nabiki came in."

"Keitaro had gottens several photos from a friend of his in Kyoto," Nabiki explained, "and since both our fathers owed the Urashimas a favor in the past, he hired me to catch Naru and Kentaro in the act, which I did."

Keitaro went on about Naru's expulsion from Hinata House, which led to her being disowned from her family and her banishment from Tokyo University, not to mention the attempted assault on Keitaro, Mutsumi and Nabiki.

Akane looked at her sister. "Are you telling me that psycho nearly attacked you?" she asked.

Nabiki nodded. "I managed to defend myself by using that little mallet trick of yours, little sister. Now I see why you like to mallet people." She turned to Ranma. "That night when Kasumi was attacked by those five karateka?" She pointed to Mutsumi, "Apparently, they mistook Mutsumi as Kasumi. Unfortunately, I am also a target, since not only I helped Keitaro in exposing Naru, but I decked her with the mallet. Then Naru shows up in Nerima with her gang and Kasumi took a blow that was meant for me."

When the other Nerima Wreckers found out that Kasumi was injured while protecting Nabiki, they were up in arms, ready to take on whoever had harmed the most innocent of the Tendou daughters.

"So let's find this Naru girl and take the fight to her," Ranma said. "Things been a bit boring 'round Nerima. I could use a good workout."

"That's the problem," Keitaro replied. "We don't know where she is. The police are still looking for her, since she is wanted for numerous charges stemming from her temper tantrum at Todai. To make matters worse, the police are looking at her for arson, since her former home was burned to the ground."

Nodoka gasped. "Goodness. Was anyone hurt?"

"No, thank goodness," Haruka replied. "But given what we have seen, Naru has clearly snapped. In her mind, anyone that was involved in what has happened is a target, and since your son is connected to the Tendou clan, then she will target you as well."

"So what are you suggesting, Haruka-san?" Nodoka asked.

"Naru won't stop until she gets her so-called 'revenge,'" Keitaro replied. "We should join forces."

"An interesting offer," Nabiki said. "And how do you propose we do that?"

Keitaro smirked. Nabiki recognized it as the same smirk that she used whenever she was blackmailing someone. "Easy. I got Motoko and her sister, Kanako, Seta, and Haruka backing me up. From what you told me Nabiki, both Ranma and Akane have a number of suitors and rivals who are also skilled martial artists."

Nabiki's smirk matched Keitaro's own as she realized what Keitaro was planning. "We lure Naru into a trap and take her on. Oh, I think we're gonna get along nicely. So what have you got planned?"

Keitaro leaned back in his seat. "You know that the old gym at Todai is scheduled to be torn down in a couple of months, right?" When Nabiki nodded, Keitaro continued. "Naru is after me and Mutsumi, so the best way to smoke her out is to have her crash a ceremony."

"But instead of the ceremony," Kanako continued, "she will find nothing but us and your friends."

Nabiki nodded. "That can be done. Let me make some calls."
===
At the bookstore, Naru smiled evilly as she reread the small wedding invitation. The wedding invite was to celebrate the wedding of one Keitaro Urashima to Mutsumi Otohime.

To make it even better, the wedding was going to be held at Tokyo University, inside the old gym. However, to add insult to injury, the date of the wedding was the same as her birthday, marking the one-year anniversary of her expulsion from Hinata House.

Naru reached for the phone and dialed a number. After a few moments, Naru spoke into the other end.

"Reiko? It's me. Looks like we got a wedding to crash."
===
Nabiki got off the phone and smiled to herself. In one week's time, the 'wedding' of Keitaro Urashima and Mutsumi Otohime was going to take place. The call was from her contact in Kabikicho. Naru has taken the bait.

Kasumi had been released from the hospital and at Nodoka's insistence, remained in the bed for the rest of the week. When the time came for the fake wedding to take place, Kasumi would be in the care both Doctor Tofu (who had gotten over his Kasumi-itis when it came to Kasumi's health) and Hinako, until it was over.
===
The day of the wedding. Naru found that the courtyard of Todai was strangely devoid of activity. Normally, this would have set off the warning bells in her head, but she paid it no mind as she and the martial arts gang behind her marched to the doors of the old gymnasium. With a shout, Naru kicked the doors open, which was followed by...

"KEITARO URASHIMA! BECAUSE OF YOU, I'VE SEEN HELL!"

Naru Narusegawa entered the room. Following her were over five dozen pissed-off karateka and kendoka fighters, the latter armed with steel katanas, bokkens, knives and other types of melee weapons. The disgraced woman was dressed in a red karate gi, which given her temper, which had worsened over the year, was fitting.

Naru looked around the place. The meeting hall was empty...and dark, save for the single spotlight on the stage. Underneath the spotlight, was a single person, one who Naru recognized instantly.

Keitaro Urashima.

Keitaro looked at the furious woman in the scarlet gi. From his point of view, it was clear that Naru has clearly snapped and that she was out for his blood. "I was expecting you to crawl out of what hole you were hiding, Narusegawa," he said. "So what do you want?"

"You...broken, beaten at my feet," Naru snarled, hands balled into fists. "Then I will go to Hinata House and burn it to the ground...not before I destroy Todai. You got some balls calling me out. That wedding invitation was clever. You must got some kind of death wish, do you?"

Keitaro released a dry chuckle. "You went too far, Naru. This quarrel was between you and me. Now you got innocent people involved in your little war. Leave now and don't let me see your face in Tokyo ever again, or I will not guarantee your safety for what you have done."

"SHUT UP!" Naru screamed. "YOU TOOK MY LIFE FROM ME! YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME! YOU WILL PAY, KEITARO!"

Keitaro rose to the occasion. "I took everything from you?! It was your own damn fault that you decided to sleep with Kentaro! You should have known that there would be consequences for what you have done. You cheated on me, Narusegawa. You broke my heart, but I recovered. You couldn't let it go, could you? You think the whole world revolved all around you! I got news for you, Naru. It doesn't! I was justified in exposing what a lying, cheating bitch you were! It's not my fault that you couldn't take the reality of what you did!"

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID TO ME?!" Naru snarled. "YOU DESTROYED MY DREAMS! MY LIFE! KENTARO LEFT ME AND I HAD TO SELL MY BODY TO THE LANDLORD SO THAT HE WOULDN'T CALL THE COPS ON ME! I...am going...to KILL you...KEITARO!" Naru edged closer towards Keitaro. "I am going to choke the life out of you and kill your little Okinawan whore!"

"Sorry to disappoint you, Naru," Keitaro replied, keeping his cool. "Mutsumi isn't here. And I don't think that my girlfriend would appreciate you calling her a whore, since you are the one who spreads her legs for any man. You should have just let it go...but you didn't. You were always a sore loser, Naru. But you crossed the line for hurting Kitsune..."

At that moment, Nabiki Tendou stepped on the stage, her face in her infamous 'Ice Queen' mask. As with Keitaro, a second spotlight followed her every move as the middle Tendou looked down at Naru and the gang. "Normally, I would not have gotten involved in you little lovers' quarrel with Urashima," Nabiki said, "but you crossed the line when you attacked my elder sister."

The doors slammed shut behind the gang, who were starting to get nervous.

"You got a problem with me, then you deal with me," Nabiki continued, "but you made a fatal mistake in attacking Kasumi. No one attacks my family and gets away with it."

Naru scoffed. "Your sister shouldn't have gotten involved. It was her own fault that she tried to act the hero to protect you. I haven't forgotten what you did to me that day, Tendou. I'm gonna save you for last once I deal with Keitaro and Hinata House."

"Is that so?" Nabiki asked before snapping her fingers.

The lights came on, showing Naru that Keitaro and Nabiki were not alone. Standing in between Naru and the two Todai students were Haruka and Kanako Urashima, Norimasu Seta, Motoko and Tsuruko Aoyama, as well as the martial arts clique known as the Nerima Wrecking Crew.

And they weren't too happy with what Nabiki had told them.

One unspoken rule that the Nerima Wreckers respected and honored was that absolutely no one attacked Kasumi Tendou, despite the fact that she was Akane's sister and Ranma's sister-in-law. In the sea of chaos that was the Nerima Ward, Kasumi Tendou was an innocent. Even the Chinese Amazon matriatch Cologne and the perverted Anything Goes grandmaster Happousai honored that unspoken rule.

Now, Kasumi was injured, and this single act had caused the Nerima Wrecking Crew to stop fighting with each other and fight together to avenge this slight made on Kasumi. Nabiki smiled to herself, amazed at the response following her call for revenge against Naru and Reiko. Even the perverted hentai of a grandmaster Happousai was there alongside Cologne and Pantyhose Tarou, the latter deciding to put his feud with the ancient hentai on hold since only Kasumi showed him kindness despite having such a...'unique' name.

Naru took one look at the motley crew of martial artists and laughed. "Is this it?" she taunted. "You have got to be kidding!"

The redheaded girl immediately regretted that statement as she hopped back to avoid a mallet strike from the youngest - and furious - Tendou. The overhead mallet blow created a nice little indentation in the floor. Clad in her yellow gi, Akane Tendou glared at Naru, aura flaring.

Only one thing was going through her mind. Naru Narusegawa has harmed Kasumi. And she will pay in spades.

That was when all hell broke loose. "Enough of this shit! Get them!" Naru shouted, then charged at Akane.

With a battlecry/yell, Akane charged at Naru, the Nerima Wreckers and Team Hinata following suit.

Keitaro and Nabiki watched as the sides crashed into each other, bodies flying on both sides. Nabiki was thankful that the senior admins at Tokyo University were undrstanding in what she was doing, not to mention that the place was even insured against rampaging martial artists. The video cameras she had planted beforehand would make rather nice pieces of evidence once the cops got a hold of them.

Keitaro had heard from Nabiki that the rivals of her brother-in-law and the girls chasing after him - not to mention everyone else - were all highly-trained martial artists, and from the ensuing battle, it was clearly showing that Nabiki told the truth. But even he was worried that even twenty-plus fighters can take on over five dozen hardcore karateka and kendoka.

Keitaro watched as the Aoyama sisters and a third woman, Nodoka Saotome, using the same style as the Aoyama sisters take on four kendoka. "Ranma's mother is full of surprizes form a honor-happy woman obsessed with Ranma and Akane having grandchildren," Nabiki said. "Turns out that she was letting us on when it came to that katana of hers. We always thought that she was clumsy with it, but as it turns out, she knows both the Yagyu New Shadow Style and the Shinmeiryu style of fighting."

It was true. While Genma and Ranma were away on their training trip, Nodoka have been training in both styles. Now, as Keitaro watched, her skills were equal to Tsuruko's level.

Speaking of Genma, the father of Ranma Saotome was at the moment fighting several karateka. The fat martial artist smiled and instantly went into the forbidden art of the Umseiken, the silent thief. Genma struck with precise accuracy, knocking out the martial artists...and pilfering every single yen they had in their wallets for his and Soun's trip to the bar once this was over.

When Soun Tendou found out that Kasumi was hurt, he was mad. More than mad. Someone had attacked his daughter and his anger was more than enough to shake him out of his decade-long funk over his deceased wife. Deciding to join the other Nerima Wreckers in the melee, Soun found himself surrounded by two karateka and three kendoka. One Demon Head technique was more than enough to distract the attackers while Soun laid each of them out with power punches and kicks.

Happousai and Cologne were, in the meantime, surrounded by numerous fighters, the majority of them female. The ancient Amazon elder and the perverted Anything Goes grandmaster looked at each other, then smirked as the mob pounced. Keitaro watched as bodies were sent flying as Happi nailed several of the karateka with his trademark Happo Fire Burst, while Cologne paralyzed some with her staff, and used the knobbed end to smack several offending fighters.

"SWEETO!" Happi cried out as he glomped onto one karateka's buxom chest.

"Gah! Get it off me!" the kendoka cried out as she ran around the room, Happi still attatched to her chest.

Cologne watched the scene for a moment and sighed before leaping back into the fray.

Keitaro watched as Haruka and Seta worked together as a team, watching each other's back against the wave of kendoka. Fighting alongside them, was the kendoist whom Kanako had punched out that day in Nerima, Tatewaki Kunou. Fighting with Kunou was his father.

"STRIKE-STRIKE-STRIKE-STRIKE!" Kunou bellowed as he used his own steel-lined bokken against the attacking kendoka and kendoist, the rapid-fire strikes of his trademark pattern strike technique cutting a path through the weaker kendoists. "The Heavens shine their light upon the 'Divine Blue Thunder' of Tokyo University!" he shouted as he attacked. "For attacking the elder sister of the fair Akane Tendou, Tatewaki Kunou is prepared to deliver the judgment of the gods!"

Principal Kunou grinned manaically as he dropped the ukelele he was plaing and brandished a pair of hair shears. "Youse kendoka and karateka are being bad keiki! Time for some discipline! We'll start with your hair!"

As the bokken-wielding kendoka attacked the principal, Keitaro watched as the insane Kunou used the secret attack of the Kunou family, the Wooden Sword Shredder to destroy the bokkens, reducing them to nothing but shredded wood. The true insult was what Principal Kunou did after destroying their weapons. In three seconds flat, Principal Kunou had shaved the kendoka's heads - male and female alike - bald.

"A taste of the islands," Principal Kunou said as he tossed the bald fighters a pineapple. "Aloha."

Principal Kunou retreated as the pineapple bomb exploded. Instant knockout.

In another part of the gym, Ranma Saotome and Ryouga Hibiki were working together. The two cursed martial artists had managed to put their feud aside when Ryouga found out that Kasumi was injured while trying to protect Nabiki. Speed and brute strength was the order of the day as both fighters unleashed their respective ki attacks, one glowing with confident blue ki, the other a depressing green ki.

The Mokou Takabisha and the Shishi Hokoudan slammed into the attacking kendoka and karateka sending them bouncing against the walls before falling motionless on the ground, out of action. Ryouga immediately recognized the inward spiral pattern that Ranma was using against three more kendoka and gained some distance from Ranma, knowing full well what he was about to do.

"Hiryu Shouten Ha!" Ranma shouted as he punched upward, his and the attacking kendoka's aura combining into a powerful tornado of energy, catching the unsuspecting fighters into it before sending them flying in random directions. "Bakusai Tenketsu!" Ryouga shouted as he tapped the ground with one finger just as six karateka were upon him. The floor beneath them exploded with the power of the Breaking Point technique, propelling them into the air in the midst of floorboards and cement. Pulling out his bamboo umbrella, he began to knock offending karateka and kendoka left and right.

The manaiacal laughter of Kodachi Kunou rang out throughout the gym as the demented gymnast ensnared one kendoka with her ribbon before tossing her into the bleachers. When one of the kendoka severed her ribbon, Kodachi resorted to using her gymnast clubs, which were rigged with electricity. Fighting alongside the youngest of the Kunou clan was the youngest of the Urashima clan, Kanako. Keitaro had suspected that during Kanako's trip with their grandmother that Kanako had trained in the martial arts. Those rumors were verified as he watched his stepsister defend herself against the onslaught of fighters.

Pantyhose Tarou was fighting with Ukyou and Konatsu. The one-time 'cute-fiancee' of Ranma and the cross-dressing ninja had their concerns on teaming up with someone as unpredicable as Tarou, given the fact that he had the most dangerous of the Jusenkyou curses (i.e., the Niuhomanmaorennichuan, or Spring of drowned "Yeti holding an Eel and Crane while riding an Ox"), but as mentioned earlier, Kasumi was one of the few people who showed him kindness and in a rare display of goodness from himself, joined forces with the NWC.

Since the Japanese government doesn't know about Jusenkyou curses, Tarou was ordered not to transform into his cursed chimera-like form. Even without his curse, Tarou was a force to be reckoned with. Armed with her Baker's Peel combat spatula and her bandolier of spatula shurikens, Ukyou, along with Konatsu, cut a path through the attacking fighters, occasionally tossing her smaller shurikens at the enemy. Konatsu used his speed and stealth attacks in his offense, while at the same time, keeping his mistress safe from attacks.

Even without her bonborris, Shampoo was still a deadly fighter, having been trained by Cologne in not only the Chinese Amazon fighting style, but also in Kempo and Wushu Kung Fu. Stronger than most girls amongst the Nerima Wreckers, Shampoo proved it by taking on the attacking martial artists. Even the great-granddaughter of Cologne honored the rule of not attacking Kasumi, since prior to Ranma and Akane eloping, Kasumi had been giving Shampoo lessons in speaking better Japanese, something that Cologne had approved of.

Shampoo was in a rage when she found out that Kasumi had been attacked. When she found out from Nabiki that Ranma and the others were going after the ones responsible, Shampoo came along...as did Mousse. Mousse's rivaly with Ranma had simmered down once the myopic hidden weapons master found out that not only Ranma had married Akane, but that now he was an ally of the Chinese Amazons. Even he was angry once he heard about Kasumi being attacked, and that overrode his love for Shampoo for the time being. Using chains and whatever tricks he had up his sleeve (training potty included), the karateka and kendoka were not able to get the upper hand on either Chinese warrior.

Naru, in the meantime was fighting for her life against Akane Tendou. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, but against a woman whose sister you attacked, that meant war. Despite her own Martial arts training, Naru was still outclassed, since Akane had been training ever since she was a child. Naru had to pull out all the stops against Akane, but it wasn't enough. To make matters worse, once Naru was able to knock the mallet out of Akane's hands, Akane simply switched to a shinai and proceeded to beat Naru within an inch of her life.

The police sirens signalled to the Nerima Wreckers and Team Hinata of the police's arrival. Seeing that Akane was distracted, Naru punched her to the ground and made her escape through the back door, leaving the karateka and kendoka gang at the mercy of the Tokyo Police Department.
===
Three weeks have passed since the showdown at Tokyo University and Naru was on the run.

Her apartment in Kabukicho was compromised, thanks to Hayate and she was forced to hide out in an abandoned flat on the outskirts of the red-light district. Naru crused to herself as she stood in front of a mirror, cutting her hair with a pair of scissors. Once again, she had underestimated Keitaro, as well as Nabiki.

Despite having superior numbers, the hightly-trained martial artists that made up the Nerima Wrecking Crew, not to mention the two female Urashima, the Aoyama sisters and Seta had taken down the karate gang, while Naru fought the youngest sister of Kasumi Tendou. Despite Naru's martial arts training, she was outclassed against someone like Akane Tendou.

After getting nailed with that damned mallet a second time, Akane had beaten Naru within an inch of her life. When the police finally arrived, Naru had managed to escape once Akane was distracted. When she returned to her apartment, Naru grabbed her bag, her wallet and her stash of yen and exited through the building's back door just as the police were storming through the front door of the building.

Naru had been hiding at the old flat for for the past three days, recovering from her injuries. With the Urashima clan as well as the Nerima Wrecking Crew looking for her, as well as the police, Naru had to get out of the city. Once she was gone from Tokyo, then she could catch a flight out of Japan. Naru looked at her reflection in the mirror. She had cut her hair short. Not as short as Kitsune's style, but short enough not to gain any attention from the authorities.

Naru knew that the cops would come looking for her and that the flat would be one of the places they would search, so after allowing her injuries to heal, it would be time to leave. The best way out of Tokyo was by bullet train and she had the ticket for Kyoto already paid for and in her pocket. After packing up her belongings, Naru took one last look to see if she had left anything. Then she shouldered her backpack, slipped a pair of sunglasses over her eyes and walked out.
===
The trip to Kyoto was uneventful. Once Naru had arrived in the city, she would stay in a hotel under an alias before catching a flight to Brazil. Naru knew that Japan had no extradition treaty with the Portuguese-speaking nation and since she could speak the language fluently, she would end up disappearing off the police's radar, as well as everyone else's who was looking for her.

Naru managed to find a hotel to stay at for the night. When it came time to checkout, however, Naru had ran into someone from her past.

Kentaro Sakata.

And he wasn't alone. On his arm was another woman. She looked Japanese, but Naru couldn't tell for sure. All she remembered, however, was the fact that Kentaro had abandoned her, leaving her at the mercy of her former landlord. And now, he was here with another woman. From the small ring on her finger, Naru saw that it was his wife.

Naru didn't care. Kentaro had abandoned her when she nedded him the most and he was going to pay. Her reason replaced by her infamous temper, Naru charged at Kentaro.

"YOU BASTARD!" Naru screamed as she nailed her former lover in the face with the Naru-punch.

Kentaro was sent flying towards the wall, bouncing off of it before falling to the ground. Within seconds, Naru was upon him, raining blow after blow upon him, screaming at him.

"Get off of him!" Kentaro's wife shouted as she attempted to pull the furious redhead off her husband.

Naru, in her rage, spun and as Kentaro watched in horror, slugged his wife in the face. As she fell, her head had caught the corner of a table with a sickening CRACK, before falling to the floor, motionless.

Kentaro rushed over to his wife, screaming out her name cradling her in his arms. "Mei...please wake up," he sobbed. "Please wake up..." He then looked at Naru, who had a look of complete horror on her face. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" he shouted.

As Kentaro began to cry, Naru did the only thing she could do in this situation.

She ran. However, as she raced out of the hotel, she managed to run three blocks before the police was on her. Naru was tackled to the ground by six of Kyoto's finest and within minutes, the struggling woman was handcuffed. Apparently, the Japanese government wasn't as slow as Naru had thought. They had alerted the police departments of every major city in the region, warning of Naru's attempt to escape the city. While Naru was beating down Kentaro, the police had been already alerted and were on their way to the hotel.

As Naru was hauled back to the hotel, she watched in horror as Kentaro's wife, her body covered in a white sheet was carried out on a stretcher and pushed into a waiting ambulance. The screaming Kentaro Sakata had to be sedated before being ushered into a waiting police car. As the police car sped behind the ambulance, one of the detectives turned and faced Naru.

"Naru Narusegawa, you are under arrest," the detective said. "The charges are evading the police, criminal assault, arson and murder. You killed a defenseless woman." To the police officers, he said, "Get her out of here and contact Tokyo. Tell them we have Narusegawa."
===
Three months later following Naru's return to Tokyo under guard, her trial came.

Despite Naru's claims that she had done nothing wrong, aside from her claims that Keitaro was a pervert who had nothing to do in running a womens' dormitory and that given what she had went through following her exile from Hinata House and her family, she claimed that she was the victim here. The mountain of evidence and the parade of witnesses proved otherwise.

As before, in exchange for a lighter sentence, Reiko Tazikawa had betrayed Naru, as well as a number of the karateka and kendoka. With her diary, the security video from Tokyo University following Naru's expulsion and the video of the brawl Nabiki had taped, not to mention the tape in which Naru had killed Kentaro's wife, Naru's fate was sealed as the trio of judges handed down a guilty verdict.

Then came the sentence. Naru Narusegawa, her face defiant even in the eyes of the judges, glared at them as the courtroom was packed with the Hinata House residents, the Tendou and Saotome clans, Naru's former family, and Kentaro Sakata. When his father had found out what had happened to him back in Kyoto, he relented and soon father and son were speaking once again. But the point was moot, since Kentaro was now a widower. Keitaro and Haruka even offered their condolences to the grieving Sakata, burying the hatchet between them.

"Will the defendant please rise," the senior judge ordered.

Naru, dressed in a one-piece dark green jumpsuit slowly stood up.

"Miss Narusegawa," the senior judge began, "you have tried to make a mockery of this court by portraying yourself as the tragic victim of unfortunate circumstances, despite the evidence against you. Truth be told, you are a manipulative, deranged, icy and remorseless woman. Just looking at you chills me to the very bone. Even as you stand awaiting sentencing, you still remain defiant and unforgiving, claiming what you have done was justified. Because of your actions, two women - one of which was your former friend and the other, an innocent woman whom you targeted for the apparent reason that she was the sister of someone you despised - were assaulted by your hand, along with a man - your former landlord.

"Because of your actions, you have destroyed your family home. Because of your actions, you have openly assaulted, threatened and intimidated any and every single person in your path. And because of your actions, Miss Narusegawa...one innocent woman - who was in the beginning of a new life with her husband - is now dead by your hands. Therefore, it is the will of the court that you, Naru Narusegawa, are to be placed in the psychiatric ward of the womens' ward in Kyoto until your twentieth birthday, where you will be transferred to the womens' prison in Hokkaido, where you will remain for the remainder of your natural life. So ordered by the courts."

With the whack of the gavel, the trial was over.

"Life in prison?!" Naru shouted. "Damn it! You can't do this to me! You old bastard!" Thankfully, the guards were smart enough to shackle her hands to her waist, since during the trial, she had tried to rush the judges and at the Urashima family. So it was easy to carry her out of the courtroom, despite her kicking and screaming.

"This isn't my fault! It's all Keitaro's fault!" Naru screamed as she was carried out. "I'm the victim here! I didn't do nothing wrong! He shouldn't be the manager of Hinata House! KEITARO YOU PERVERT! YOU BASTARDS!"
===
West Hokkaido Women's Prison was a Level 5 penitentary which housed the worst of the worst of Japan's female criminal population. Located on a small island off the coast of Hokkaido, it was the Japanese version of a modern Alcatraz. Of course, the warden wasn't the supreme authority. Several of the inmates, three of which were from some of Japan's most notorious Yakuza clans and gangs held true control, with the corrupt prison guards acting as their enforcers, in exchange for...'certain' favors.

Upon entering the prison, Naru was a target, since her exploits were well-known in the prison, which made her a target from both the guards and the inmates.

At first, one of the Yakuza offered her a place at her side as her right-hand woman, not to mention protection from the other inmates and some guards. When Naru refused the offer, that proved to be her undoing.

Being a new inmate, Naru, as well as other girls, were fresh meat for the veteran inmates and guards. Three months into her sentence, Naru still held out, given her freak punches which kept the guards and inmates at bay, while the other girls have submitted to the will and authority of the inmates and guards.

That, however, changed one day. During a fight, while Naru was distracted with one of the Yakuza members, a second member approached her from behind. Naru screamed in pain as the other girl jabbed a lit cigarette into the small of her back.

With a roar, Naru turned and punched at the other girl...only to find out that her Naru-punch had no effect on her. As Naru found out later on, the other member was an expert in shiatsu and pressure points. She had used a moxibustion technique in which Naru's strength was that of a newborn child. With her Naru-punch completely neutralized, Naru was now fair game. After being beaten senseless by the Yakuza member, Naru was carried off to solitary in order to
cool off.

Once Naru was in solitary confinement, her hell truly began.

Her first visitor was one of the senior guards, a man named Shinoda, who had lusted after Naru ever since her arrival. Once he found out that her strength was drained, he was the first to visit her at her cell. With her strength gone, Naru was helpless as Shinoda had his way with her, ravaging and slapping her several times befrore leaving her wallowing in disgust.

Shinoda would visit Naru several more times before Naru was released from solitary. While spending time in the infirmiary she was visisted by the Yakuza chieftain. In effect, Naru became the boss's 'dog,' serving both her and any of the guards at the orders of her new master. Within ten years, Naru had gone from a rebellious teenager to a broken and beaten woman, submissive and obedient. She would be the favorite of the guards and inmates alike.

Outside, Keitaro had married Mutsumi in a private ceremony following their graduation from Tokyo University. There were rumors that Keitaro had taken both Shinobu and Kanako as mistresses, but that was never proven. While Keitaro was working with Seta on his excavations, Mutsumi became the de facto manager of Hinata House. The Urashima clan remained good friends with the Tendou and the Saotome clans following the Naru incident.

The next time they would hear about Naru Narusegawa would be when Nabiki notifies them of her unfortunate demise. Naru had died from pneumonia, two days before her thirtieth birthday. Her body was creamated, the ashes thrown into the sea. Apparently, there was a shortage of antibiotics at the prison and several of the prisoners became sick. Those unfortunate ended up in the morgue. Naru, having long since lost her mind behind the prison walls, was one of the unfortunate ones.

As she laid in the infirmary dying, she still held no remorse over her actions, blaming Keitaro and his family as she died, when she should have been blaming herself. No one mourned her, and after several weeks, no one remembered her on the outside.

Not even her former friends and family.

Naru was completely forgotten.

END.
Sign up to rate and review this story