Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Untitled {{Ferard Fan Fic}}

For a Case of Beer

by ipanicdaily 1 review

Frank still looking for Gee

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-10-13 - Updated: 2008-10-13 - 1373 words - Complete

1Exciting
Ch. 3; For a Case of Beer


{{Back to Frank}}


Tired and hungry, Frank pulled his car over at a gas station. He had been driving for hours upon end, still with no idea of where to find the missing singer. Shutting the car off, Frank heaved himself up and stumbled into the small building. There were maybe two other people inside beside the workers. The sun was already low in the sky and the pale blue was quickly becoming consumed by the dark bluish-black color. When Frank opened the door, a small bell rang and the worker behind the counter greeted him. Frank just gave her a half-ass smile and headed to the back corner of the store where the beer rested behind chilled glass. He knew he shouldn't drink, especially since he was driving, but at this point he didn't care.

Reaching his right arm out, Frank pulled the door open and was hit with a small blast of cold air. He grabbed a case of beer then let the door slam shut. As he made his way to the register, he spotted a magazine with MCRs picture on it. Curious, Frank side tracked to the magazine. He set the beer on the ground and picked the magazine up. Above their picture, in bold red letters read "Geard Way, lead singer of teen band My Chemical Romance, Missing?". Below that in smaller red it read "Details page 66 inside". Frank flipped through the thin pages until he found the article. There was a picture of Gerard smiling on the page and Frank smiled back at it, remembering that photo shoot. Frank began to read it.

Drug-addicted, alcoholic singer of punk emo band My Chemical Romance mysteriously disappeared the other day.

Frank was already pissed at the author for the many faults he had in the first sentence. Yet he decided to continue to read.

When a show was abruptly cancelled, frantic fans set out to determine why. Bassist Mikey Way, younger brother to singer Gerard, told fans that it was because they were all too exhausted and were terribly sorry. This didn't settle well amongst fans who knew that couldn't be the only reason. It wasnt until a few days later that word slipped out about the singer's recent trouble with depression and how he suddenly 'ran away'."

The fact that 'ran away' was in quotes made Frank wish he could slit the throat of the ass whole who wrote this about Gerard. Most everything Frank had read was false or stretched far beyond the truth. Knowing he should put the magazine down, Frank jumped to the end to see what the author had to say.

Wrecked fans search frantically for Gerard Way. His fellow band members seem to be doing nothing about the disappearance. This brings up the question; Did Gerard Way runaway, or is there something we're not being told?

Furious, Frank chucked the magazine at the shelf.How could someone say something that awful? Frank thought as he picked up the beer and headed to the register. He was anxious to break the seal on one of the cans and drink the liquid inside, even though he knew he should get a soda or something better for him.

The girl behind the register smiled and scanned the barcode before asking Frank for his ID. Frank rummaged through his pockets before he found his wallet. He pulled his ID out and handed it to the cashier who looked it over and screamed, causing Frank to stumble backwards.

"NO WAY!" she yelled at him. Fuck Frank thought to himself. "You're THE Frank Iero? As in Frank Iero, guitarist for the band My Chemical Romance?!" She squealed. He stared at the counter and nodded, wishing she didn't recognize him. "OH MY GOD I DON'T BELIEVE IT!" she squealed again. "You really are short." she said with amusement. Frank sighed heavily and wanted to leave. "Thanks...Can I just pay and leave?

"Hold on. I HAVE to tell my friend!" she said as she pulled out her cellphone and furiously pressed the buttons. "Renee? You're NEVER going to believe who I'm ringing out!" She yelled excitingly into her phone. "No not Johnny Depp Renee, get real! Though that would be awesome!" Frank rolled his eyes. "I think I'm just going to leave. I really shouldn't be drinking anyway." Frank told her but she didn't seem to hear him. "Anyway, I'm checking THE Frank Iero out!" she screamed again. Frank was happy that the other people in the store had already left. "Yeah, he really is that short." she said with a giggle into the phone."Can I just have my ID so I can go?" Frank asked impatiently.

"No, I'm not going to ask him that! Because it's rude! Ugh, fine Renee! I'll ask, geez!" She put a hand over the phone and turned to Frank. "My immature friend wants to know, I can't believe I'm about to ask you, if you've ever given Gerard a blow job?" she spit out and her face went red. Frank just stared at her. "Know what? You keep it." He said very unamused and headed for his car. He heard the cashier call after him but he ignored her and drove off. Their fans really pissed him off sometimes. They could be so rude. Not to mention immature.

Still hungry, Frank got back onto the road. The sky was now very dark and the air was chilly so Frank kept the windows up. He desperately wanted something to consume but didn't feel like fast food and he was in no mood to go through another ordeal like he did at the gas station. Frank was driving for about an hour, slowly falling asleep, when his phone began to ring. Frank reached his arm out until he found the phone and pulled it to the front with him. 'Mikey' danced across the screen and Frank flipped the phone open. "Hey Mikey, what did you find out?" All Frank could hear was what sounded like hysterical crying. "Mikey what's wrong?" Frank asked nervously.

"He's dead!" Mikey choked out. Frank dropped the phone and screeched the car to a halt. Luckily, no one was behind him. After a moment of staring at the road, Frank found his phone and picked it back up. "What are you talking about?!" he yelled horrified. Mikey was still choking. "Mikey! Mikey you need to calm down! Just tell me what you heard." Frank told him so he could figure out what was going on. There was no way Gerard was dead so he had to know what Mikey meant. "On the news! Some people were out cleaning up the fields and they found a bag of his stuff! A few hours later they found a bloody hoodie!" he told him. Frank leaned back in his seat and rubbed his eyes. "You're sure they're his?" Frank asked Mikey a little more calmly. "Yes I'm sure! He's dead Frank!" Frank sighed and took a deep breath in. "Mikey, that doesn't mean he's dead. Where was all this found?" Frank asked him. "I don't know; um somewhere around south New York." Mikey choked across the phone. "Ok, Mikey, listen to me. I'll go drive out there and see if anyone knows anything. You need to calm down. I'll let you know what I find out." Frank told him as he shut his phone and started his car up again. The good thing was that Frank was close to the border. He got onto the interstate and began to floor it. He figured by mid day he should be around where Mikey was talking about. He's not dead. He can't be. Frank told himself as he drove. He wanted to sleep but time was invaluable and he had to know what Mikey was talking about. Impatiently, Frank drove off into the darkness with a few cars around him, telling himself that he was going to find Gerard and Gerard would be just fine. He would find Gerard and he would bring him back home, back to NJ, where he belonged. He belonged with Mikey and everyone else in the band. But most of all, he belonged with Frank.
Sign up to rate and review this story