Categories > Original > Drama > Escaping Reality

Preface

by River 0 reviews

For so long Kate dreamt of her boyfriend’s band finding success, but she never anticipated the addiction, lies and secrets that would come with it. So I wrote a book, but I live in New Zealan...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2008-10-15 - Updated: 2008-10-16 - 263 words

0Unrated
Preface


In my mind I could still clearly picture the first time I met Quinn, three years ago. His skin, though pale, was full of life and glowed. His near perfect smile reached all the way up to his stunning green eyes which carried a sparkle. His dark brown hair wasn't long but wispy strands occasionally fell over his eyes. A day never went by without him smiling and laughing. His positive attitude towards life, and everything else in general, attracted me to him the most.
Now, I could barely recognize the boy I fell in love with. I compared the image of him with the boy who stood before me now. It was as though he had completely transformed in front of me. The sparkle in his eyes was gone, leaving them dull and almost lifeless; his face was drained and the glow on his skin had vanished; his negativity seemed to overpower all the positive thoughts in his life. I tried to think of the last time I had seen him laugh without putting on an act, and to be honest, I couldn't. The truth was I missed the fun I used to have with him, the way he used to be. It was like having a relationship with an imaginary friend, he was never really there, his mind was always on something else, distant. We were living the dream we had always wanted but now that we had it, I realised it wasn't what I wanted at all. And the worst thing was, I knew it was only the beginning.
Sign up to rate and review this story