Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Kryptonian Wizard

Kryptonian Wizard

by Isebas 11 reviews

The night before turning 17 Harry discovers that he is adopted, and an ALIEN. Harry finds out he is a Kryptonian, and goes in search of his cousin Kal-el and his destiny. HP/Smallville x-over.AU.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2008-03-05 - Updated: 2008-03-06 - 2258 words

5Original
A/N: I don't own either Harry Potter or Smallville, or anything to do with Superman. The ideas for this story however are mine. I am thinking that this will have a Lana/Clark pairing and either Chloe/Harry or Lois/Harry. In this story Chloe already knows Clark's secret and so she will eventually know Harry's as well and Johnathan is alive. I don't really like that they killed him off, and well ya it's my story. Also Clark is two years older than Harry.

“Normal Speech”

'Thoughts'

ss Parseltongue ss

“/Kryptonian”/

Harry Potter looked down at the letter in his hand reading it over again.

My Dearest son Harry,

If you are reading this then James and I are dead. We have gone into hiding ,under the Fidelius Charm, from Tom Marvolo Riddle, or Lord Voldemort as he prefers to call himself. There was a prophesy spoken by adesperate descendant of a once famous seer which put you in grave danger. If Dumbledore hasn't told you yet then demand the information. This letter isn't about all that though Harry, I wished that we had been able to tell you in person, there isn't an easy way to say this but you were adopted.

James and I had been traveling in the colonies when I was pregnant. I went into labor but my child was born stillborn. On our way back to the airport we came across you on the side of the rode inside of a spaceship. That's right honey you are from another planet called Krypton, and your true Kryptonian name is Tor-el. When we found you in your ship there was also a data disk in there. It contained a message from your birth parents saying that they had smuggled you off the planet because it was about to be destroyed.

Apparently you and your cousin Kal-el were the only survivors of the incident. Your parents wished for whoever found you to take care of you and treat you as their own; so that you could grow up to live a life full of love and happiness. The message went on to explain how you would have strange powers because of our yellow sun.

In the package that was delivered with this letter is your ship shrunk down and the key to it. We were told when the time came you would be able to open the ship and you would receive the kryptonian knowledge.

We were told would be heavily effected by radioactive rock from your home world called Kryptonite and magic. There are several kinds of kryptonite, green which can kill you if you are exposed to it enough, red causes you to lose your inhibitions, blue causes you to lose your powers, and black which was unknown; it was possible that there were other kinds as well.

We immediately fell in love with you and brought you home. As soon as we were settled in we did an ancient adoption ritual making you our son in blood and magic. As a consequence of this ritual you were given amagical core. We discovered that you were almost unnaturally powerful so we bound your Kryptonian powers and part of your magical as well; until we could safely loosen them as time went on so you could get used to them slowly. Unfortunately, since you are reading this, the blocks are still on your powers and will be released all at once on your seventeenth birthday.

We don't know what happened to your cousin Kal-el but we believe that he is or at least was in the colonies as well. I want you to know that I love you as my own even though I didn't give birth to you, your father feels the same way. We will always be proud of you and I know that your birth parents Zam-el and Mara-Kon would be as well. Be well my son but always remember with great power, comes an even greater responsibility.

I love you with all my heart, and all that I am,

Lily Evans Potter

October 21st1981

He couldn't believe not only was he adopted but he wasn't even human. He was from another planet and him and his cousin were the only ones left. He was angry at first about the power blocks until he read that they were going to release them. He had never liked the feeling of being controlled or being weak.

So here he was now sitting on his cot in Dudley's second bedroom waiting for the clock to turn to midnight on the night of July 30th. If what the letter said was true, which he believed it did, he would be gaining his new powers and the rest of his magic back. At his alarm clock struck midnight Harry felt a pain in his chest worse than the cruciatus curse, he finally blacked out from the pain

Harry awoke on the three days later with a groan as light shined in through the window right onto his face. He went to move but immediately regretted it as it made his head spin. He sat there taking deep breaths and was able to slowly oriented himself. He slowly stood up and tried to walk over to his desk but stumbled a bit. He appeared to have grown four inches and now stood around six feet tall. He also seemed to have filled out a bit more, his already lean and muscular body becoming a bit bulkier and firmer.

He walked over to his desk and opened the package that came with his letter. His space ship was sitting inside along with an octagonal key. He picked up the key and slid it into the octagonal slot. The ship immediately started pulsing with a soft white glow. The top opened up to show some blankets an an orb inside. He picked up the blankets and ran his hands over them. They were like nothing he had ever felt before, smoother than silk but very strong.

He sat the blankets down and reached out for the orb. As soon as his fingers touched it he went into a trance like state.

'Hello my son. I am your father Zam-El, a scientist along with my brother, Jor-El on the planet Krypton. If you hearing this then it means that I am dead and I can only hope that you made it to your final destination of planet Earth. Humans are a primitive species when compared to Kryptonians. I am sure that you will need this advantage my son. I am sure that you know by now that you have special gifts, they are granted by the Earth's yellow sun.

You will be able to move faster than a speeding bullet, leap entire buildings in a single bound, soar through the sky, shoot fire from your eyes, super breathe(capable of freezing things), super hearing, x-ray vision, super hearing, and invulnerability. Nothing can hurt you except pieces of radioactive rock from our planet called Kryptonite. You should be able to tolerate it in small doses(only making you feel mildly weak) but enough of it can kill you.

Your mother and I love you very much and want the best for you. We are sorry that we couldn't make it off the planet as well but we would have been discovered and possibly killed; since space travel was outlawed. We hope that you found a loving family and have been able to grow up strong. There was another reason you were sent to Earth however. You have a great destiny before you. You and your cousin shall need each others help. You are to be the guardians of Earth. It will be your responsibility to make sure that they are safe not only from outside influences but themselves as well. It will also be your responsibility to rule them if it comes down to it, though I pray it does not. I hesitate to put such a burden on you but I have faith that you will be able to do this my son. The orb will now transfer all our accomulated knowledge over to you. When this is done the orb will disentegrate. Inside of it is a necklace, it will help you to build shields around your mind and make sure that you don't burn yourself out. I love you my only son.'

The orb began to pulse and a bright ray came out of it and ran straight into Harry's brain. Immediately he began to feel knowledge filling up his head. Advanced muggle and magical topics, information on known alien planets and solar systems, along with every spoken language known to Kryptonians. When the light faded there was a metal a simple metal chain with a pendant with his family crest. He slipped on the necklace and noticed an owl sitting on his desk.

He got up and took the note of it's leg before giving it an owl treat. The bird hooted in gratitude before eating it and flying away. He broke the seal on the envelope and pulled out the parchment.

Dear Mr. Potter,

Today marks the day of your seventeenth year of birth. Whenever an heir to a pureblood family turns seventeen and there is no current head they inherit the head of their family. Since your father is deceased we request for you to come to Gringott's and claim your inheritance. You will have access to all your vaults, investments, and properties. You will also be able to assume your Wizengamot seats. In your case you will have two since you will be installed as the head of the House of Potter and House of Black.

At your service,

Sribclaw

Liaison to Gringott's Inheritance Department

Harry breathed in deeply a few times to calm himself, he no longer cried but thinking of the death of his parents and godfather still deeply saddened him. It made him happy however when he thought about his cousin Kal-el. He still had family and one that wouldn't see him as a burden or a freak.

He was also happy that he was now able to use magic and now that he was of legal age he wouldn't have to live here anymore. He could check out his list of properties he owned now.

He gathered up all his things, re-shrinking his ship, and put them in his trunk before shrinking it. He told Hedwig to head to the Leaky Cauldron where he would meet her. He transfigured his clothes to fit better and cast a couple of reparos at his shoes(not really making that big of a difference) before reaching to pull his door open. He however forgot it was locked and pulled harder, ripping the door of it's hinges.

“Whoops.” He said before walking into the hallway. He set it back into the doorway, hoping his relatives wouldn't notice before he was gone.

His relatives were all sitting down for lunch when he walked into the kitchen.

“What do you want boy?” His uncle asked.

“I just wanted to tell you you that I'm leaving. I'm of legal age in the wizarding world and able to do magic now.” He grinned a little at the fear in their eyes after he said the last part. “I have thought about cursing you before I leave but I've decided that you're not really worth it so goodbye.”

“Wait.” His aunt said. “There's some things of your mother's I was suppose to give you.”

Harry nodded his head and watched as she walked upstairs. She came back down five minutes later carrying a a shrunken trunk and a guitar case.

“This trunk has all your baby things in it and this is her guitar she used to play. She would want you to have them and I really don't need them sitting around here collecting dust.” She said before shoving them into his hands before sitting back down. Harry slid the trunk back into his pocket before popping open the guitar case. The inside was lined with velvet, the guitar itself was an acoustic. It was black with twinkly stars charmed into it and it had a dragon on it. He was about to shut it when he saw a tag on the lid: This guitar will teach you to play. All you have to do is tap it with your wand and think of your favorite song. Harry shrank it and placed it in his pocket as well.

“Well this is goodbye, I can't say that I am looking forward to seeing any of you ever again.” He said before turning around and walking out the front door. He walked to the curb and looked around before sticking out his wand for the Knight Bus. It arrived with it's normal loud 'BANG' and stopped in front of him. A pimply faced wizard he recognized as Stan Shunpike stepped out of the back.

“Welcome to the Knight Bus, transportation for the stranded witch or wizard. I am Stan Shunpike and I will be your conductor for this evening. Where to?” He asked.

“Leaky Cauldron please.” Harry said.

“No luggage?” Stan asked. Harry merely patted his pocket. Stan nodded his head in understanding and allowed him to step on the bus.

“Leaky Cauldron Ern.” Stan told Ernie the driver.

Ernie nodded before pulling a lever causing the bus to take off again. It took twenty minutes to get to where they were going.

“Leaky Cauldron.” Stan called out.
Sign up to rate and review this story