Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Kryptonian Wizard

Chapter 2

by Isebas 8 reviews

Harry visit's Gringott's, Potter Manor and scry's for his cousin Kal-el.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2008-10-19 - Updated: 2008-10-19 - 1850 words

4Original
Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, Smallville, or anything to with Superman. My story is intended for entertainment only and not for sale or profit of any kind except some good(or bad) reviews.

o0o0o0o0o

Harry stepped into the lobby of Gringott's and walked up to the nearest teller.

“Hello I need to meet with Scribclaw, could you tell me the way?” Harry asked.

“Name?” The teller asked.

“Harry James Potter.” Harry replied.

The goblin looked into a ledger off to the side of his desk. Tapping it with his nail he spoke a short incantation in gobbledygook causing it to glow and the pages to turn quickly before coming to a stop.

“Right you are Mr. Potter, just go down the hallway until you come to a sign that says inheritance offices. You need to take a right until you reach Scribclaw's office. Thank you for your business.” The teller said. Harry nodded his head and walked down the hallway at the end of the lobby. He finally found the office and knocked on the door.

“Enter.” He heard from inside.

Harry walked into the office looking around as he did so. It was a modest office with dark woods and comfortable looking furniture. Sitting behind the desk was a medium sized goblin with salt and pepper hair.

“How may I help you sir?” Scribclaw asked.

“Hi my name is Harry Potter and I received your letter.” Harry said before handing Scribclaw the letter.

“Aw yes Mr. Potter I am glad that you have come.” He said before picking up what looked to be a ball of glass. “If you could hold this orb in the palm of your hand it will verify your identity.”

Harry nodded and held in the palm of his hand. He felt an invisible force crawl along his skin before sinking back into the ball causing it glow blue. The goblin nodded apparently satisfied that he was indeed who he said he was and took the ball back.

“I asked you here so that you could come into your full inheritance. Your parents will left everything they had to you except for some money Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, Anne Norman, Alice Freeman and Carolyn Lin.You are also the main inheritor of your godfather's estate as well; which is extensive unto itself. I'll have one of my colleagues bring in the ledgers for your accounts and your Head of House rings.” Scribclaw said.

Harry nodded his head and Scribclaw pressed a button off to the side of his desk. Thirty seconds later a small goblin walked in.

“Yes sir?” He asked.

“Crawbek bring me the ledgers for the Potter and Black family estates and the Head of House rings.” Scribclaw said in Gobbledygook. /Strange/Harry thought I can understand him. Must be because of the orb.

The goblin bowed before walking back out the door.

“I have something that might interest you Mr. Potter.” Scribclaw said pulling out a velvet bag and a wallet made of dragon hide. “We usually give these to our more prestigious clients, which both of your families are. They cost twenty five galleons each. The velvet back here allows you to draw wizarding currency straight from your vault instead of having to go and get it.

It will always be weightless and is bonded to your magical signature so it can't be used by anyone else or stolen.

The wallet is similar to the money pouch except that it is for use in the muggle world. It comes with a credit card, driver's license, and passport in case you want to travel. To change currencies all you have to do is tap the wallet with your wand and say the type of currency. It also has the same security as the money bag. Would you be interested in this?”

“Yes I am, this is excellent Scribclaw.” Harry said.

“I am glad that you think so, not a lot of our customer's get them since they think that they are above muggle things.” Scribclaw said.

They were interrupted by the door of the office opening. A goblin walked carrying a medium-sized wooden chest. He set it on the desk before bowing and walking back out.

“Excellent, excellent.” Scribclaw said before taking out a key and turning it in the slot while running one of his nails around the seal. Their was a popping sound before the lid opened. Scribclaw reached inside and pulled out two leather bound books and a couple of smaller wooden boxes.

“These are the rings you wear to show your Headship of the Potter and Black families. If you'll place them on your left ring finger they'll meld together and it will be recorded that you are officially the head of your families. When they meld together you can decide how you want the ring to look as well.” Scribclaw said.

Harry accepted the boxes before opening them. The Potter family ring had a ruby in the middle in the shape of a tear drop, while the Black family ring had a oval shaped blue diamond in it. He slid them onto his finger and watched as they melted together. He sat still as the magic checked him for validation before shrinking down. He visualized the new look of the ring and watched as it took shape. The band was still made of shining silver with a darker red stone in a tear drop shape but it also had the two crest side by side.

Information flooded into his mind in a similar way that the orb did. He now knew about the different properties his family owned and what kind of wards they had on them and if they were staffed by elves or not.That's convenient. Harry thought.

“Potter elves to me.” Harry said with a snap of his fingers. He felt his ring warm slightly before going back to normal. With a series of'pops' around 30 elves stood before him. They wore simple black togas with the Potter crest on the upper left corner. “Who is the head elf?”

“I is Master Harry sir. I am Raul sir.” An older elf said stepping forward. He wore the same uniform as the other elves.

That just won't do. Harry thought before thinking of the changes he wanted. Raul glowed briefly as did his ring. When the light died down Raul was wearing a children sized wizarding robe, black slacks, and a small pair of dragon hide boots.

“Thank you master.” Raul gasped out.

“Don't mention it Raul.” Harry said waving it off. “You are representing myself and House Potter so you need a uniform befitting your station.”

“What was master needing?” Raul asked.

“I wanted to inquire on the status of Potter Manor.” Harry replied.

“Potter Manor is in perfect working condition master.” Raul said. “Is master wishing to stay there?”

“Yes take my things there and prepare the master bedroom.” Harry said.

“It will be as master says.” Raul said before snapping his fingers causing Harry's things to disappear before the elves left themselves.

“I can have a portkey made to your manor if you wish. It only costs twenty galleons.” Scribclaw said.

“Of course.” Harry said handing him the gold immediately. Scribclaw waived his hand over a piece of paper causing it to glow blue for asplit second.

“It was a pleasure doing business with you Mr. Potter.” Scribclaw said.

“You as well Scribclaw.” Harry said standing up before shaking Scribclaw's hand. Taking the portkey he tapped it with his wand and instead of feeling the pull behind the navel he disappeared in a'whoosh' of displaced air. He stopped momentarily and Harry felt the Potter family ring grow warm as the wards checked him before he landed softly on his feet. Looking around the foyer of the manor he was definitely impressed. The floors were made of solid white marble.

There were doors on the right and the left and at the far end was a wide staircase. There was a large stained glass window above the stairs with the Potter Family inside of it while it was outlined in magical ivy and magical creatures. A /'pop'/alerted Harry to the arrival of Raul. The head house elf stood tall and proud in front of his master.

“Welcome Master to Potter manor.” Raul said.

“Thank you Raul.” Harry said. “I would like dinner before Isleep.”

“Yes master.” Raul said bowing.

o0o0o0o0o0o

Six weeks passed since coming to Potter manor. Harry used the time to control his Kryptonian powers. His favorite being flying. His first few flights were embarrassing since he crashed almost as soon as he had taken off. Luckily only the house elves had been around to witness it.

Flying on a broomstick was nothing like flying under your own power. He had yet to fly into space but he thought he could do it, even if his clothes wouldn't survive without the aid of magic. He had also used the time to scry for his cousin's position and found him in Smallville, Kansas in the states. He had already contacted Scribclaw about purchasing himself ahouse there.

He had purchased a cozy two story farm house and had wards erected by Gringott's. It had cost him almost 200k but he felt that it would be worth it to be able to have a place to visit his cousin. Taking a deep breath Harry shrank his trunk down before walking out of his room.

“Raul.” He called. A 'pop'announced the arrival of the head house elf.

“Yes master?” He asked.

“I am heading to Smallville, Kansas in the states. I will need a house elf to come over and clean my house every once in a while.” Harry said. “Will they be able to find me?”

“Of course master.” Raul answered. “We are bonded to the House of Potter and through it to you.”

“Excellent.” Harry replied before taking out the portkey Gringott's had supplied him with. Tapping it twice with his wand he said. “We're going to Kansas Toto.”

Apparently goblins had asense of humor, who knew. He felt the customary pull behind his navel and the wind swooshing around him. His hair flew all over the place as the colors rushed by. Five minutes later he touched down inside of a large living room.

--

A/N:Sorry this chapter is so short but I have been wanting to get this one out there. I promise that the next chapter will be longer. I am currently working and am about ¼ done with Chapter 5 of Triwizard Again, it's looking like it's going to turn out to be a long one. Chapter 2of /Black Heir/is still giving me some trouble since I can't make it flow right. I have revised earlier chapters of Curse of the Fallen and am working on Chapter 3 in between other projects. I am also editing the chapters of A Different ViewwhileAdventures of aMale Veela has been put on hold for the time being.
Sign up to rate and review this story