Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Rebels

We Shout

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Judy has dinner at Meredith's a learns a little surprising fact about her girlfriend. I notice that y'all are more interested in the FOB/Decaydance action. That will be coming soon, but review firs...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-10-21 - Updated: 2008-10-21 - 1411 words - Complete

0Unrated
We Shout:

I was waiting in the living room when the doorbell rang. My heart leapt up in excitement. She's here! I walked over to the door and peeked out. Judy-bug stood on the other side waiting. She looked so fine today. I had a grin up to my ears. I opened the door to my love. Judy turned to me smiling.

"Nice place!" she said.

"Thanks!" I said. I stepped aside for her. "Come on in," I said.

"Gladly," she replied. Then my girlfriend stepped inside with grace. I closed the door behind her. I gave her a full tour around the house. Judy looked around the place happily. She seemed right at home. I felt so happy for her. I couldn't wait for my family to meet her! The seconds were ticking away.

"Meredith!" a voice called to her. Judy-bug and I looked up quickly. A woman stood in the den doorway staring at us. She was a round Cuban woman just like half of me was. (Oh, I'm Cuban-white by the way.) I walked over to the woman.

"Hola Madre!" I said to her. Then, I kissed her on the cheek. She kissed me back on the cheek. We hugged each other closely. We looked up at Judy-bug. A smile came across my Madre's face.

"Oh Meredith!" she called. "This is your friend, Judy!" My girlfriend looked at me confused. I smiled at her and madre nervously.

"Oh yes!" I called acting along. "This is my friend, Judy!" I turned to my lovely girlfriend.

"Judy," I said to her properly. "This is my mother, Carla." It was awkward at first. But then, madre smiled at my girlfriend brightly.

"Nice to meet you!" she called. She reached out to shake Judy's hand. My love smiled and shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you too!" Judy said. Madre smiled at her.

"Meredith has told me so much about you!" she chirped. I looked away nervously. Everything except about our relationship! Oh crap, I'm in for it now! Madre turned to the kitchen.

"Evita!" she yelled out. "Judy's here!" I froze up again. Sure, this was good Judy-bug's meeting my family. But they don't know that I'm gay... So yes, I am in a jam at the moment. Oh well, all I have to do is get through dinner and explain away to Judy-Bug afterwards. Oh boy! Then, my tia hurried into the den. My Tia Evita is a little slender than Madre. She too is Cuban. In fact, Evita is Madre's older sister. Tia looked and saw Judy-Bug. Her eyes lit up in joy.

"Judy!" she cried out. "We have heard so much about you! I have been dying so much to meet Meredith's friend!" Then, Tia hurried over to my girlfriend and hugged her wildly like she was her long lost daughter. Judy looked at me slightly confused.

"What is going here? Don't they know the truth?" her eyes were asking me. Judy-Bug and I have a silent language together. We just look at each other for a while and go back to what we were doing. We developed this in two years. Judy-Bug and I can say so much in a long moment of silence. Right now, I knew I had some explaining to do.

"I'll talk to you outside after dinner," I said to her with my eyes.

"You better!" her eyes hissed at me. I help my Tia set up for dinner. Judy and Madre sat at the table talking. Good, everything is going great so far. Madre and Tia both love Judy so far. I am as happy as Larry. (How ever happy he is now.) All I have to do now is survive through dinner and talk to Judy outside. Tonight we are having Platillo Moros y Cristianos with tamales, ropa vieja, and arroz con leche for dessert. Tia and I carried the food to the table. Judy-bug looked at the spread with big eyes. She had never seen so much food before in her life. I told Madre and Tia that they were cooking too much for tonight. This was just Judy, not the president of America. (Not that they would cook for Bush anyway.) The four of sat at the table and said grace. After that, we began eating. Judy-Bug was nervous to try any of the food at first.

"Don't worry," I told her with my eyes. "I like this stuff. It won't kill you!" Then, I took a bite into my ropa vieja. I smiled at her brightly. Judy-Bug nodded a little nervously and picked up her fork. She took a bite and found... that she liked it! My girlfriend began to eat up happily. So far, everything is silent and good.

"So Judy," Madre spoke up. "How did you and Meredith first meet?" I didn't look up at all. I knew Judy would play along with me tonight.

"In an art class," Judy-Bug replied. "We didn't like each other at first because we were both prejudice. The teacher must have seen this and stuck us together in a group. We still hated each other at first. But then we talked and found out we had so much in common. And we have been friends ever since." Okay, she didn't have to tell them all of that.

"Such as?" Tia asked her. Judy looked up at her smiling.

"We both want to make our mothers proud!" she said. Tia and Madre smiled at her. I smiled at all three of them. I could tell that my family loved Judy already. Now, I had to come out to Madre and Tia when I was ready.

"You like the food?" Tia asked Judy.

"Absolutely!" my girlfriend called. "You know this is my first time eating Cuban food!"

"Really now?" Madre asked her excited.

"Uh-huh!" Judy said.

"Well then," Tia said. "You'll have to come and eat with us more often!"

"Yes," my love said quickly. "I would love to!"

"Great!" Madre said to her.

"Gracious!" Judy said back to her. My Madre and Tia were really excited that Judy knew Spanish. I taught her three years worth while we were dating. The rest of dinner was great. The older ladies in my life both loved Judy-Bug like a daughter. I was relived. They don't really take too kindly to my non-Hispanic friends. But, I told them nothing but good about Judy. Part one is finished. Now, I have to explain to my love why I was still in the closet with my family.

After dinner, I waited in the backyard for Judy-Bug. I looked up at the sky while I waited. My, the night looks so beautiful tonight. The street lights haven't blocked out the stars completely. Then, I heard footsteps walking up next to me. I looked and saw Judy-Bug walking over to me. Her smile was more beautiful than any of the stars in the night sky. I wanted to kiss her right now. But right now, I had to start talking.

"Hola," I said to my girl.

"Your family is so nice," she said to me.

"Yes," I said. "You're the first non-Hispanic friend that they actually liked."

"Yeah," Judy-Bug agreed. "Too bad that they don't know that we are dating. What's the deal there?" I turned away from her and stared at the ground below.

"Okay, you caught me!" I said. "They don't know I'm gay."

"And why not?" Judy-Bug asked playfully. I shrugged.

"Dunno," I said. "Hadn't had any real reason to. They think I'm still waiting for the right person."

"But you have!" my love said.

"I know," I said. "But it's a matter of telling them that." Judy-Bug stood next to me.

"Come on," she said. "You can do it. I told mom and I'm still with you. She's growing to accept it. That will take a while, but I'm still hopeful. It was you who helped me get out of the closet. Now, I'm doing the same for you." I smiled at her.

"You're right!" I said to my love cheerfully. "I will come out to Madre and Tia. But only until I'm ready." Judy-Bug just held my hand in a sweet way.

"Okay," she said to me. I held her hand as well and smiled at her. Judy-Bug smiled back at me. Something tells me we are going to make it just fine in the end.

Back to the Street Where We Began
Sign up to rate and review this story