Categories > Original > Horror > Valeck's Tale

Chapter Five

by RenoTurk 0 reviews

Valeck gets told of the punishment for killing another Vampire.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Horror - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2008-10-22 - Updated: 2008-10-22 - 1684 words - Complete

0Unrated
Valeck looked up at him, so this was dying? It was slow and he didn’t much mind that it was happening. That took him by surprise as he expected that he would be very much fighting for every breath. He slumped against the books and his heart started to slow with less blood flowing around it. So he would just drop off to sleep would he?

“Is this what you wanted BOY!” Vladimir leant over and pulled him up; Valeck remained limp in his arms barely able to move. His eyes were streaming with tears of pain and Vladimir showed no remorse or care for him.

Valeck could feel that his body was dying, the muscles cramped and there were pins and needles in the muscles that had no oxygen flowing as his breathing slowed and the heart feebly tried to pump around the last of the blood inside. There wasn’t enough and the young boy’s blue eyes shone against the candle light as he took rasping breaths.

Vladimir threw him onto the desk, scattering papers, books and leaving a bloody smear up the oaken desk. The vampire took a dagger to his own wrist and drew across it. Valeck closed his eyes but knew when he died they would fall open again. Would his spirit stay in the corpse? Would he be trapped in there watching out of it or would the home tales be true? He might be trapped in the mirrors of the castle to be stuck wandering it’s halls as a spirit. His heart made a last jolt of thundering panic as the last of his blood began to settle.

Vladimir pushed his wrist to the mouth of the unconscious boy. He had been so very good at what he did. So precise, so calculated and the vampire had to appreciate that. If he could make him obedient he could enjoy a slave more willing and more intelligent than Sergian. That wasn’t to say that his brother was a let down of course no… they both had very different and usable talents.

Valeck felt the liquid on his lips; it seeped into his mouth and slid down his throat. He swallowed; it felt strange yet tasted good at the same time. His heart leapt in his chest as the vitae ran down his throat, coating the pipe and splashing into his stomach. It dissolved around the organs and found its way around the very core of the dying body attacking the remaining blood from the human and infecting him like a virus.

Valeck jolted as blood was forced into his mouth and then suddenly and overwhelming frenzy placed him in the position of needing more. He grabbed at Vladimir’s wrist with an impossible strength, suddenly finding himself with one desire and that was the blood giving him strength.

Vladimir pulled back from him after a while. He had to make sure the young man didn’t take the last of his reserves too. He picked the body up as Valeck passed out; he headed to the dungeons where two of the prisoners from a skirmish across the borders had been chained to the walls. He lay him down and shut the door, when the new vampire woke up his first feeding desires would kick in and he was going to destroy anything with a smell of blood.

Vladimir locked up the prison and made the guards stand outside. There was going to be no alternative because when he woke if the two men didn’t sate his needs he would rampage through the cells without a thought for who he was attacking. He settled down for the day in his own room and left the day to take its course.

Valeck woke up and extended his hand out, there was a brief moment of clarity where he recalled the events and then just as swiftly as it had come, it was back out of his mind, the bloodshed the only desire he had. Valeck leapt at the prisoner on the wall, a scream of terror filled the place as he ripped into the neck of the prisoner and blood spewed out from the artery his fangs severed.

It took less than a minute for him to drain the corpse of what hadn’t already produced a tale of arterial spray over the cell wall behind him. The blood was thick and rich tasting, it was better than any wine he had drank and he shuddered in pleasure pulling back as the internal animal took over and leapt at the second man. This time his nails raked into the naked torso and down into the bones without a second thought as his fangs already dripping fell into the flesh again.

Vladimir awoke and walked down to the dungeon where he looked over at the guards. The noise made it evident that inside the prison there was a rabid beast, one he had created. He looked at guards and shooed them away with a wave of his hand. When the noises had ceased and he could hear no more he stepped into the area.

“Satisfied now?” Vladimir looked around at the carnage. There was so much to see of ripped apart corpses and blood splattered walls. He felt his own internal lust for blood come rushing to the surface.

“Yes.” Valeck stood up.

“Then go and get cleaned up. Your training begins and you need to learn how to take without causing all that mess.” He walked out of the room and headed up out of sight again.

Valeck picked himself up and shivering from the last remnants of the pleasure of the feast he slipped into his own room. He leant against the wall and closed his eyes, was this all he had to look forwards too? Eternal evenings of him sating a lust and cleaning up… Valeck went to sigh but suddenly realised that since he was not breathing the sigh did not come out. He looked at his hands with dried blood and stared at them out of the blue orbs. He could not feel breath or the sound of his heart when he closed his eyes.

“Young Lord your bath is ready.” Ani told him and Valeck pulled on a large robe and padded off to the bathhouse.

He sank into the water, the steam rising upwards, he felt nothing from the change in temperature, Valeck watched the water around him wash the blood away and he looked around the bathroom before looking down at his reflection. He wondered what he looked like to others and if they would instantly know he was a vampire now but then he remembered that he had not known about them until Sergian had been spotted that day.

He had a lot of questions but he also knew that he could not force the issue and test the masters’ patience. He slid from the bath once he had cleaned up, the long black hair ran down his spine and the wet limp hair brushed across his backside annoying him as he moved for some strange reason. He took his dagger and cut it at the shoulders and carried on changing into his clothes.

He thought no more of the matter until he got into the study and shut the door trapping the long locks in the door. He yelped in surprise, how had it grown back like that so suddenly? Vladimir laughed and sat the new vampire down in his chair.

“Aside from many things you will always look as you did at the point of your death.” He sat down in his own chair. “You will be able to eat and drink though for the most part it will taste like ash; your main source of nourishment now is blood.” He passed over a glass of wine, a civilised habit more than anything. “You will need to learn the secrets of our bloodline. That of crafting bone and flesh like clay in your hands. You can use it to be a healer or a monster that choice is yours.”

“Just teach me and I will work out the semantics of such things after.” He nodded, he played with the long black hair thoughtfully. “Can these things change my appearance?”

“Ah yes,” Vladimir’s grin sickened as he looked at him, “now to the talk of your punishment. I need a… centre piece for our meetings and you will be the canvas from which our people paint.”

Valeck dropped the wine; the brutal way of factually telling him left him with no doubt about the truth of the matter. He had never so much as slept close to a woman and here he was about to be a tool for anything another vampire wished? He opened his mouth to protest but Vladimir glared at him and no words could be found.

“If they want to train their skills they will do it upon your skin. Your bones can be stretched and worked like children with clay and mud. Your skin is like a soft satin that can be twisted and pulled into shapes that are desirable to the eye. You my ever-devoted childe of the night will be my very useful and blank canvas, fear not however,” the sick grin remained, “you will be put back to your rightful self over the course of the day for the blood in you comes from my veins and with that you will heal to your rightful shape unless they use the true magic of our ways.”

“Master.” Valeck nodded though in truth it sounded so hideous. “How long will this last?”

“As long as it keeps me and mine entertained boy.” He laughed and it was a deep debase thing that reverberated through his bones. The very notion of hands inside him and outside would have made him sick if he had anything to be sick on, Vladimir could see it on his face and laughed. “Oh you are so naïve. I shall look forward to this.”
Sign up to rate and review this story