Categories > Original > Horror > Valeck's Tale

Chapter Six

by RenoTurk 2 reviews

The final! Valeck and Sergian face their sire.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-01-26 - Updated: 2009-01-26 - 966 words - Complete

1Exciting
It was probably a good ten years of being pulled around and then another fifty years of being left to his own devices to rot around the castle. The constant agony and annoyance of being treat like the peasant roots he had were starting to grate on the vampires nerves. Valeck had hoped for so much more than the pain riddled existence he had been subjected too already.

Valeck’s core role was now to go to the village and get the accounts and then when he returned, and God-help him if he was late, he would be put to other chores around the area. He sat in the lower dungeons watching the prisoners, bored, and wondered why they continued to fight when it was so futile. He had never understood why he had thought he could rise about his station and leant his head back on the wall.

“It won’t go away just because you want it too.” Sergian told him sliding down beside his younger blood sibling.

“My…” Valeck sighed. “Every inch of my body, inside and out are aching and have been touched by fingers and mouths. I need the strength of body as well as mind to continue what I want to do.”

“What do you want to achieve?” Sergian looked at him.

“Control here… and I will do anything I can think of to make it so.” Valeck said coldly. “I will find a way.”

Sergian looked over at him; he was a callous and cruel machine that had been made so by the very thing that had created them both, Vladimir. To Vladimir they were just possessions. Valeck strongly desired the Sergian he had known as a child, who would love him, who would tell him about things he would need in life, fighting, passion… but there was now only aggression.

“Sergian would it be so wrong to want to be free of this?”

“You’re asking the wrong person little pony.” Sergian smiled and patted his head. “But you know whatever you need I am there for you. The rest of it is just blood and bone.”

Valeck smiled softly and began to think about the options he had. If he should escape then he would be hunted and others would know. It was considered the gravest of crimes to take another vampires’ hearts blood but there was no word to say that they could not drain him to the point of weakness.

For several more years the world moved around them, the days and nights melded around into an indefinite period of time. There was no light to judge the time and Valeck didn’t want to check it. Checking would mean he might have to admit that things had gone on too long he had no hope.

Sergian passed the study one night to find Valeck sat on the floor, he was reading something and was looking battered and bruised. Valeck was tired of the pain and Vladimir had no one around that night so he was able to at least study some of the books for a short escape.

“This has to change.” Sergian sighed; he pulled him to his feet and looked into his blood brothers eyes.

Sergian pulled the large sword from the wall, checked his pockets for his stake and then looked over. Valeck ran with him, they had to move fast, before Vladimir got a hint of their betrayal. They ran to the lower sanctum, Sergian turned to his brother and nodded as they kicked the door down and leapt onto him, fangs bared ready to strike.

Vladimir didn’t have much time to react but his hands swiftly turned to claws and he leapt at the bigger threat, the beast of a soldier before him. Sergian’s sword pinned him by one shoulder to the study wall as Valeck’s fangs bit into his neck. Valdimir’s hands turned to claws as he tried to rip them off him with brute force.

“Hurry brother.” Sergian tried to pin him as securely as he could but Vladimir got one hand free. The soldier ducked out of the way but Valeck was thrown to the floor.

“How dare you?” Vladimir’s angry voice filled the room as he kicked the younger sibling out of the way, leant down and got ready to take Sergian up to his fangs.

“No!” Valeck ran at the vampire and threw them both to the floor. Sergian grabbed the sword, muscles rippling as he brought the sword clattering down, crashing through the neck of the vampire and trying to severe his head to finish the job.

Vladimir tried to reach around to grab at Sergian and stumbled into the wall, blood poured and sprayed out around as he slipped to the floor. The hideous mess of blood and dusting vampire slid down and Sergian took another swipe. The sword landed in the study wall and the two brothers look at one another.

“Will we really get to be free now?” Valeck looked at him then at the mess, his face paling. It was such a bloody mess too…

“One of us will be.”

“What do you mean?” Valeck’s blue eyes looked at Sergian.

“You never kill again… I will be that side of the world. It is all I know.” He wrenched the sword free. “You have to change the pattern our sire created.”

“Sergian…” Valeck looked at him. “Why?”

“He didn’t turn you into a war machine so you use me to whatever end you need but you never kill or harm another using that ability of yours unless you have no choice you hear me?”

“I hear you.” And for the first time in years Valeck let a genuine smile cross his face.
Sign up to rate and review this story