Categories > TV > WWE > Misfit Love

Discovered

by No_Leaf_Frantic 2 reviews

Shannon at school.

Category: WWE - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-10-25 - Updated: 2008-10-26 - 713 words

0Unrated
Major thanks to my beta who co-wrote this chapter. On with the show.

Shannon slipped into his seat just as the bell rang for the start of first period. Marie and Blayne shot him looks of concern, but he ignored them, instead focusing on Ms. Hamilton, who was talking about the vocabulary warm-up. He dutifully copied the the words and their definitions down in his spiral, then closed it and pretended to be listening to the teacher as she droned on about phrases and their different parts.

His ribs were bothering him and he shifted slightly in his seat. A few seconds later, he shifted again. And again. Shannon raised his hand and got permission to go to the restroom. He practically ran out the door, slamming it behind him, causing the class to flinch. Marie and Blayne exchanged looks. "Go after him and see what's wrong. He isn't acting like his usual self." Marie said and Blayne nodded.

He raised his hand and asked to go to the restroom. Ms. Hamilton looked faintly annoyed, but allowed him to go.

As soon he left the classroom, Blayne scanned the hallway in hopes of finding Shannon, after giving up on that he walked to the bathroom, finding Shannon looking at the bruises on his sides.

“Fuck.” Shannon muttered to himself when he lifted up his shirt, exposing the violent marks. He stood back and watched himself in the mirror- the bruises wrapped around his torso like a black and blue ribbon. Sighing, Shannon shook his head and pulled his shirt down.

“What the hell?” Blayne said, his eyebrow cocked up in confusion. Startled by the sound of his friend’s voice, Shannon pulled his shirt down and swallowed hard. “What's up?” He asked him- there was fear and anxiety in his voice. “What's up with the bruises Shan?” Blayne questioned his friend. “I..ugh… walked into the doorknob at home last night.” The sixteen year old blonde lied. “About five times?” came Blayne’s response. “Well…ugh, Jeff and I were playing with a blindfold and every time he led me somewhere I bumped into the doorknob.” the nervous blonde lied. It was an excusable lie since Blayne had no idea that Jeff WOULD do something like that.

With his eyebrow raised in serious doubt, Blayne dropped the subject and shook his head. He knew that he wouldn’t be able to get any information out of Shannon and without any information, he didn’t want to jump into an immediate assumption.

“We should be heading back to class.” Blayne sighed as he motioned for Shannon to follow him.

“So what's going on with him?” Marie frantically asked once she saw her friends return from the bathroom. Looking to around to make sure that no one was listening- especially Shannon, Blayne replied. “I’m not sure what’s up with Shan, but I know something’s not right. He’s got these hideous, painful looking bruises on his stomach. He claims that Jeff led him into a doorknob by accident, but it just doesn’t seem right.” He shrugged and Marie narrowed her eyes as he looked at Shannon. He could be so smart yet so naïve at the same time.

The bell rang, dismissing the students from their first period class, normally, Shannon would pack up and wait for his friends outside the classroom but today was different… While he did pack up, he left the classroom and headed to his second period math class, leaving Marie and Blayne more suspicious than they had been before.

Ten minutes into the class an angry vibration snapped Shannon from out his day dream. Double checking to make sure the teacher was pre-occupied, he pulled out his cell phone and read through the message.

“Thanks for waiting, asshole.” Marie had wrote.

Rolling his eyes, he typed his response back.

“Sorry, just not feeling well today. I’m leaving after fourth period. Goin’ home.”

He flipped the screen of his phone down and slid it back in his pocket. He hoped that when he got home, Jeff wouldn’t be there… Well, if Jeff was going to be there, he hoped that he would be in a better mood.

That’s all he could hope for.
Sign up to rate and review this story