Categories > TV > WWE > Misfit Love

Modern Guilt

by No_Leaf_Frantic 0 reviews

The morning after.

Category: WWE - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2008-09-27 - Updated: 2008-09-27 - 798 words

0Unrated
Thanks to my beta. She's awesome! On with the show.

The beeping of the blaring alarm clock pulled Jeff and Shannon from a sound sleep. Jeff mumbled obscenities at it before slamming his hand down on the hapless object. Shannon shoved the covers off him and rolled out of bed. Jeff did the same on his side and stumbled to the bathroom while Shannon went into the kitchen to make coffee; Jeff needed coffee in the morning to be able to function the rest of the day.

He leaned against the counter, listening to the shower, as he waited for the coffee to be done, so he could bring Jeff a cup and judge his mood. He glanced at the clock. It was 7:10. He had an hour and ten minutes before he needed to be at school. The pain was tolerable this morning, though his ribs still ached profusely.

The timer on the coffee maker chimed and Shannon poured it into Jeff's favorite mug. It was black with a tye-dye peace sign on it. Shannon had given it to him for their one-month anniversary. He smiled faintly at the memory and carried the steaming cup up the stairs. Jeff was in the closet, toweling his hair off, while looking for a shirt.

He looked up as Shannon entered the room. He took the coffee with a distracted “thank you“. "Do you know where my work shirt is?" He asked. "Hanging up on the right, behind your black mesh shirt." Shannon answered, going to his side of the closet and taking out his favorite pair of jeans, a T-shirt, some socks, and a belt. He laid the outfit on the bed and began changing, feeling Jeff's eyes on him. He knew that the older man was eyeing up the bruises and cuts that adorned his skin.

He heard Jeff suck in a breath and move closer to him, gently brushing his fingers over the large purple and red bruise on his side. "Shanny?" he asked. "What, Jeff?" he answered in a tired voice. "I... nothing." Jeff moved away and tugged his own shirt on. Shannon finished dressing and started hunting for his boots. He bent down to look under the bed, wincing in pain, and grabbed
them. He sat on the floor and pulled them on, tying them tightly.

"Want a ride to school?" Jeff offered. Shannon rarely got a ride, simply because Jeff usually left earlier than he did, but today he was working the later morning shift. "Sure. Thanks." Shannon stood up and arched his back a little, hissing in pain as his bruised ribs rebelled. Jeff pretended not to notice and opened the bedroom door. "I'll meet you in the car." Shannon nodded and Jeff left.

Shannon headed down the stairs after running a brush through his golden hair and grabbing his backpack. He glanced into the mirror above the dresser and checked out the bruise on his cheek. It wasn't too bad, so he let it be. He ran down the stairs and out the front door, making sure it was locked. He opened the passenger door and slipped in. Jeff started the car and slipped a CD in. Iron Maiden filled the car and Jeff started singing along.

All too soon, they arrived at Shannon's school and Jeff leaned over and kissed him lightly. "See ya later, Shanny." Shannon returned the kiss and slide out of the car. Walking slowly up the stairs, he turned and waved to Jeff, who waved back at him. Jeff drove away and Shannon sighed again. He walked into the school and looked around for his friends, Marie and Blayne.

He caught sight of them standing near their lockers and hurried over, keeping his head down as he walked past the football team. "Hey Shan." they greeted him. "Hey guys. What's up?" he turned to his locker and put in the combination and shoved his backpack in after he grabbed his binder and English book. "Nothing much." Blayne shook his head.

Marie started to play with her hair, finally giving up on it and piling it all on the top of her head and clipping in in place. Shannon slammed his locker shut and turned back to them. Blayne was scanning the students gathered around them, as if he were looking for someone. "Can't find Casey?" Shannon asked, referring to Blayne's boyfriend. Blayne blushed and turned back to them.

"No! Just people watching. How's Jeff?" Blayne asked changing the subject and making Shannon and Marie smirk. "Jeff's fine. Gave me a ride this morning on his way to work." Shannon smiled. "You two are so cute together." Marie said giggling as Shannon blushed. The bell rang, saving Shannon from answering. They hurried off to their first period class.

Review!
Sign up to rate and review this story