Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Smile for the Paparazzi

You can't be missed if you never go away

by lil_chica007 2 reviews

duh duh duh duuuuuuuuhhh

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-10-26 - Updated: 2008-10-27 - 728 words

0Unrated
Because I'm mean, another cliff hanger...


“Gabe? Open the door!” Victoria pounded on the door to his apartment. “I know you’re in there. Don’t make me use my key!” Gabe hadn’t left his couch since Katie had gone missing. The fans were pretty pissed off when they’d cancelled the tour the day before the first show, but when the kidnapping made it onto the national news, they were pretty understanding. They promised to re-launch the tour as soon as she was found. Some of the boardies had even teamed up to start Internet campaigns and post missing-person flyers in their neighborhoods. “I’m opening the door…” Victoria slid the key in the lock. “I’m coming in.” She pushed the door open and cautiously tiptoed in. The band and all of his friends had been taking turns checking in on Gabe every few hours, just in case he decided to do something stupid. A couple days ago, the first time he made any outside contact, he called Ryland to say that he was out of vodka. When he brought more supplies, including food, he had pushed his way into the apartment and stolen the extra key, making it a lot easier to get in. Victoria approached the couch, where Gabe was staring at the blank TV screen. “You look like shit.” She grinned, trying to elicit some emotion from him. He wasn’t sleeping, just in case there was a phone call about Katie in the middle of the night. He hadn’t shaved in about a week, and probably hadn’t showered in as long. “Is there anything I can do? Do you want me to make you a sandwich?” She sat down next to him.
“I feel like I should be doing something.” He mumbled.
“There’s nothing we can do. The police have the note and the picture from the show footage. Unless somebody sees him, or they can link something to it, they still don’t know who it is.”
“She said she felt like someone was watching her. I should have paid more attention.” His shoulders slumped.
“We all should have. You can’t blame yourself, it’s not your fault.” She placed a comforting hand on his back.
“They said on the TV this morning that they’re not likely to find her alive. They’re searching for remains.” Gabe grimaced.
“I thought I told you not to watch the news.” She smirked.
“It’s all my fault.”
“No, it’s not.” She said sternly.
“If I hadn’t had gotten drunk then this psycho never would have done what he did.”
“Yes he would. He was following her, he would have just waited until she met some other guy.” She moved so she was looking in his eyes. “Some other guy who wouldn’t have cared enough to sit by the phone.” Gabe stared in Victoria’s eyes and said the one thing that had been running through his head for weeks.
“I love her.”
“I know. We all do, she’s a great friend.”
“No.” He slid away from her on the couch. “I think I’m in love with her. I know we were drunk and didn’t remember it in the morning, but I don’t think I married her by accident.” He looked down at the ring that he still hadn’t taken off his finger.
“I know.” Victoria smiled. “And she does too.”
“I just want her back.” He sniffed. Victoria sighed and sat up straight, looking around for something to get his mind off this current revelation.
“I’m going to order you a pizza, and you’re going to eat it. You look like a famine victim.” She reached for the phone.
“NO!” He grabbed it away, before she could press the first button. “What if they call?”
“Fine, I’ll use my cell phone. What are the chances that someone will call in the 2 minutes it takes to order a pizza?” No sooner had the words left her mouth, than the phone rang. They both froze in their spots. Victoria looked shocked, and Gabe had a glimmer of hope in his eyes as he picked up the phone.
“Hello?” He paused as the person on the other end spoke. His face went pale, and tears formed in his eyes.
Sign up to rate and review this story