Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Connection of the opposites

Getting Aquainted and Learning Differences

by wishing_on_a_rainbow 0 reviews

Herry's POV. Jay and his sister explain all about Hysa, her anscestor and why she and her twin are so different.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-10-28 - Updated: 2008-10-28 - 1967 words

0Unrated
Hey, another chapter, another day!
Loving Faber Drive (the band) so much right now!
Anyways, heres the disclaimer and warnings!

Disclaimer: I don't own CoTT, if I did:
1. They would have to wear a school uniform (Like I do :'()
and
2. They would all get mutated into giant seaslug-Human crossbreed... MWAHAHAHAHA!!! Jks, Jks, they'd turn Cronus into a SeaSlug-god crossbreed!

Warnings: A bit of motoring stuff. Herry is talking about the awesome car that Hysa has. [Yes, I am a girl. I just like cars, movies about superheroes (and Transformers) and hate makeup!]



Chapter 3: Getting acquainted and Learning Differences.

~Herry’s Point of View~ Back at the Brownstone


She was beautiful. Like, a really pretty female version of Jay. She had long brown hair that went down her back, almost to that tight little ass of hers. But her bangs were bright gold, like Jay’s. Her eyes... Man, her eyes were gorgeous! Chocolate coloured and so deep, I could have swum in them. She had big lips and a small little nose, with high cheekbones that made her look royal. Her chest was largish and she had wide hips but her body went in at her side, making her look sorta the same shape as an hourglass. Her smile... well, it was beautiful. She had braces but that didn’t stop her smiling, widely and happily. She also used her mouth for talking- man, was she a chatterbox! Nattering away like there was no tomorrow. Jay, however was always the strong and silent one. I could see how they fit together. She was playful and wild, making up for the fact that he was addicted to work and was always serious. She was energetic and never thought about what she was saying. Jay however, never stopped thinking. I diverted my eyes from staring at her and instead listened to a conversation Jay and Theresa was having. “Yeah, she’s descended from Hybris, the daemon of insolence, violence, wantonness, reckless pride, arrogance and outrageous behaviour. She’s not arrogant or full of pride but she is insolent like you would not believe. She refuses to follow orders and is always rebelling against her teachers and mom and dad. They split not long after she got expelled from her third school in one year. Dad wanted to forgive her and mom just couldn’t handle the stress of her anymore so, Hysa moved to Australia with dad. They’ve lived there for about half a year now. Mom wanted to look after her but she just didn’t have the energy anymore.” He explained, as Theresa nodded slowly.
“I’m not that bad!” Hysa piped up. “I just refuse to not wear shirts with my favourite bands on them. I love Guns N’Roses but my prissy grammar school made me wear a uniform. And I couldn’t get changed and walk home from school in other clothes! I hated it so I refused. I told mum but she wouldn’t listen to me so I made a statement. I sat on the school roofs, wearing a pair of old, ripped jeans and a Guns N’Roses shirt with swearing. I had my hair all poofed up and sprayed blue. God, the principle hated that! I sat up there for three days, my friends bringing me food at night. When I eventually did get down, they had abolished the wearing of uniforms but, I was expelled. It didn’t matter to me, I was just worried that my friends who helped me would get in trouble. I saved their hides with a story about how I took food with me so they didn’t get the blame. So, anyway, I am the descendant of Hybris. She was the spirit or Daemon of Rebellion, Insolence and Violence. Interesting ancestor isn’t it? Bit different to the normal heroes.” She grinned. I was hooked by this point. She stood up for what she believed and still protected her friends from serious trouble. If she wasn’t Jay’s sister, I’d ask her out. But, bros always come first and in the year or so of staying at the brownstone, I’d come to see Jay as like an older brother. All the guys were like brothers and the two chicks were like sisters to me. I’m not gonna possibly ruin our friendship by asking his sister out. Besides, she might not like me back. I refocused my vision onto the TV while listening to the girl’s conversation.
“You do realise that there’s still a week of school left till the end of the year, right?” Theresa asked, twirling her hair between her fingers.
“Really? Awww, man! That sucks! I already finished school in Aus, a week ago! Man, the time difference is really screwing me up!” Hysa remarked, looking crestfallen at the thought of another week of school. “Well, at least we haven’t had our prom yet!” Theresa was trying to make her cheer up. I could tell that she hated seeing her look sad because of how much she looked like Jay.
“You call them proms? In Aus they are Year 12 Dances. Either that, or the Formal. It’s a not a big deal over there, getting dressed up and asking people out. Not nearly a big deal as it is over here. In Aus it’s one day of shopping, ten seconds of prepping yourself to ask someone out and half a day of getting ready. Not, five days of shopping, a day of prepping yourself to ask someone out and 2 and a bit days to get ready.”
“Wow, Australia is really laid back and relaxed!” Theresa looked really interested with the country of beaches and humid weather.
“Yeah, boiling hot though. Summer heat waves like you would not believe! Good beaches and plenty of swimming to make up for it. I brought a few pairs of togs, just in case... That reminds me, we need to get my stuff into the spare room! Herry... Help me?” she asked, smiling at me.
“S.. Sure! Where’s your car?” I sounded really weird while I was talking. Archie noticed it and started to snicker at me. I motioned punching his head into a pulp so he quickly shut up. “Ummm... About a hundred meters away from the front door.”
“Meters?” I had absolutely no idea what meters were!
“Oh, about... Ummm... about 320 feet. Sorry, I’m so used to using meters! Anyway, it’s the big black Jackaroo. I’ll show you, just wait a sec.” She ran up to Jay’s room and then, skipping about ten steps, made her way back down, holding some keys. “I put my keys in Jay’s room. That’s why I was in there earlier” she explained as she pulled the front door open.
We walked out and around the corner at the end of the street, eventually standing in front of a four-wheel-drive. It was as tall as my truck, with a bulbar (the one at the front); brush-bars (The ones that go, from the bulbar and over the front wheel); snorkel (It’s on the left side of the car- it starts at the bottom of the windscreen, up along the side to the top of the car. It looks like the car really has a snorkel that you would use for scuba driving); nice rims and the engine was completely AWESOME!!! It was fast enough to be a sports car’s, strong enough to be a truck’s and had really good off-road capabilities. “Cool car, but, what’s a Jackaroo?” I was a little curious, since there are hardly any big trucks around here and I’d never heard of a Jackaroo before.
“It’s a Holden 4WD. Completely Australian. This one, was my birthday present. I also got a ton of money from various family members so I spent a large chunk of it on this car. It was always my favourite type.” She added, absently polishing the ‘Jackaroo’ tag above the front wheel. “We should probably start moving stuff, ay?” I asked, pulling her out of dreamland. “Yeah.” She smiled, using a remote control to unlock the car. She looked for a latch, then, pulled the boot open. In there was three suitcases; a guitar case; a big, black box and a big crate. “I’ll take a suitcase and the guitar. Is it ok if you bring in the rest?” she asked, smiling sweetly. “Kay.” Man, I’m so pathetic sometimes! I can’t say no to a pretty girl. She grabbed the biggest suit case and the guitar case. I then balanced the remaining suitcases on top of the crate and the big, black box. I managed to get in the door but just as I walked through, i tripped over my own feet and fell, dropping all of Hysa’s stuff in the meantime. “HEY!” She yelled, darting over to the black box. She opened it and checked everything over, saying “that’s my guitar stuff! Thank Zeus none of it’s broken!” I sat up, brushing myself off and apologizing. “Still playing, then?” Jay spoke up from the couch. “Yeah! Of course! Why wouldn’t I? I love it, always have and always will. By the way, I brought my Jackaroo!” She added excitedly. “What is it with you and cars?” Jay asked, shaking his head at her. “Cars are awesome. I think they rock! C’mon, you can drive in them, go on 4WD tracks, sleep in them, live in them... in fact it’s almost like a drive around home. I love the fact that if you wanna go somewhere, you just get in and drive. I don’t like to sit still and wait in one place. I love to travel.”
“I’d say you’re strange, but I get what you mean.” Archie said, shrugging. I carried all her stuff upstairs, dumping it onto her bed. As I walked back downstairs I heard Hysa exclaim “Oh no! Envy is still in the car!” and run outside to her car. “Envy?” Theresa asked. Jay shrugged and continued watching TV. When Hysa returned, there was a python wrapped around her neck and arms. I jumped so high my head nearly hit the roof. “I don’t like snakes” I said, in response to the weird look Hysa gave me. She shrugged and addressed the others. “This is Envy. She’s a carpet python and about a meter and a half long. Sorry, about five feet. She is about a year old and will be living in my room but I will quite often let her roam. She won’t attack you guys, don’t worry. You’re way too big for her mouth. Anyone want a hold?” she looked around expectantly. Atlanta jumped up and held her arm out, letting Envy slither up onto her shoulders. I shuddered at the thought of having a snake slither up around my body, before sinking it’s fangs into my vulnerable flesh... ergh! “I’m gonna go to bed, cya tomorrow.” I made my way up the stairs, into my room, all the time recalling the look of total happiness and calmness Hysa had on her face when she had Envy wrapped around her frail looking shoulders. I hoped that, maybe, one day, she’d have that look on her face when she was with me. Total wishful thinking! Nah, she wouldn’t like someone like me, I’m Jock with, like, barely any brains. She’d go more for Odie or someone smart. They’d be more her type. I sighed, pushing my door open and collapsing on my bed, suddenly tired after the long day.
Sign up to rate and review this story