Categories > Original > Drama > Fall For You (sequel to Torn Into Pieces)

Chapter 12

by Aubrey100 0 reviews

A Busy Day

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-11-02 - Updated: 2008-11-02 - 1840 words

1Ambiance
CHAPTER TWELVE:

“Aubrey…” I heard a voice saying. Ugh! Already time to get up! I opened my eyes and Joe’s face was about two inches from mine. I jerked my head back and hit it on the wall of the bunk. “Ow…” I muttered and rubbed my head. Joe laughed, “Sorry.” he smiled. “Its ok.” I mumbled still half asleep. “I just figured I’d tell you that its time to get up.” he kissed the tip of my nose. It made me smile. “Ok. Well you’re going to have to move so I can get out of my bunk.” I rubbed my eyes. “Oh…ya I guess you’re right.” he chuckled at himself and then got down.
The boys had three interviews today and then we had a concert tonight, so it was definitely going to be a packed full day. Chelcie was her normal peppy self but Brooke, however, wasn’t. There was something on her mind, but me knowing Brooke as well as I did, I knew it would be better to leave it be until she wanted to talk.
Denise was talking on the phone with someone. She kept answering with “Uh-Huh” or “Sure” or “We’d be glad to.” we all watched her. She hung up the phone. “Guess what?” she smiled. “What?” we all asked. “There’s some red carpet type thing they want you guys to attend and perform at.” she told us. “Cool.” Nick nodded. “Awesome.” Kevin said. Joe just gave a thumbs up. It weirded me out sometimes how things like that were just normal for them.
“We’ll have to meet up with the stylist again.” Kevin reminded. “Ya, no doubt.” Nick agreed. “Already on it boys.” Denise said clicking the phone shut again. “We’ll meet up with her tomorrow, since you only have two interviews and you have no concert.” Denise was always prepared. I didn’t know how she did it. I guess she just had that weird Mom thing that most Mom’s just happened to have. “Oh and girls, I also told her that you would be there too. I see no reason why you shouldn’t have really nice clothes to go in.” she said to us. “We get to go?” Chelcie asked. “Of course. Why would we go without you?” Nick smiled at her. “Awesome.” she whispered.
I was happy that the first interview was over the phone. “Who’s this interview with?” Brooke asked as we rode around in a car. (The bus was parked at the concert place) “Ryan Seacrest.” Kevin replied. Awesome! I thought to myself. Kevin’s phone rang and he picked it up.

“Hey Ryan!” he said and then switched it to speaker phone.
“Can you hear me guys?” Ryan asked.
“Loud and clear.” Joe replied.
“Good. Well you’re on air with us on AT40 right now and I’ve got some questions for ya.”
“Ok.” Kevin said.
“First off, this morning I heard about this special performance last night. Can you tell me about that?”
“Well last night we sang ‘Can’t Have You’ with our wonderful opening act Aubrey.” Joe said.
“Really? I also heard that it was dedicated to her too?”
“Uh…well I guess you could say that.” Joe said slyly.
“Okay. Some fans need verification that you are all taken.”
“We can’t promise we’re single or taken.” Nick said. I couldn’t help but laugh.
“Well I think I just heard a girl laugh.” Ryan observed.
“That would be our opening act Aubrey. She’s with us right now.” Joe looked over at me.
“Hi Ryan.” I said.
He laughed, “Hi. Since you’re there Aubrey, what did you think about the song dedicated to you?” he asked me.
“I think it was very sweet of the boys to do that.” I responded.
“Was there a secret meaning to it? Are the boys sad that they can’t have you?” he laughed at his own pun.
“Uh…No I’m pretty sure that’s not the case.” I looked over at Joe.
“Well it was great talking to you guys, but I’m sure you’ve got things to do and we’ve got your hit single to play.”
“Alright Ryan. We’ll talk to you later.” we all said at once.

“He always likes to pry doesn’t he?” I laughed. “Ya he does, but he really is a pretty cool guy.” Nick answered. “So you’ve all got two TV interviews?” I asked. “Yea.” Kevin nodded.
Brooke, Chelcie, and I didn’t sit out in the audience. I was noticing it was getting harder for just us to be out around people. They always insisted on asking us questions about the boys or whatever else they had on their minds.
“I can’t believe that we get to go with them to that event!” Chelcie was beaming. “I know its crazy!” Brooke agreed. “I’m kind of nervous.” I admitted. “Oh you’ll be fine. You get up in front of thousands of people every night and sing.” Brooke looked over at me. “But that’s different. I’m not usually around tons of stars that are so much better than me.” I said in my defense. Brooke just rolled her eyes.
Chelcie walked over to the side of the curtain. “Chelce, unless you want to be caught on TV looking from behind the curtain I advise you don’t stand over there.” I laughed. “Oh.” she stepped back. “I hadn’t realized that one.” she giggled. “Well I just figured I’d tell you.” I shrugged. She sat back down, “I really didn’t think that these interviews would be this boring.” she sighed.
“So that thing that Joe pulled the other night was pretty sweet.” Brooke said starting up a conversation. “Ya…” I smiled. “This sounds rude, but I can’t believe Joe did that.” Chelcie laughed. “Yeah it doesn’t really sound like Joe, but he does have a romantic side.” I told her.
We went off talking about our relationships for awhile, I mean we’re girls so relationships are kind of in the top ten things we talk about. Brooke still seemed a little uneasy when she talked about Kevin. There was something wrong, and I really don’t thing that it has anything to do with Kevin, I think it has to do with Brooke. I was concerned about it, but once again I let it be. ‘If Brooke needs to talk she’ll come to me.’ I kept thinking.
Chelcie and Nick were doing fine. She went on and on about everything with them. I had to admit, though, they were a very cute couple. I was beginning to wonder if Joe and I were the only ones that had problems. Brooke and Kevin were always perfect and Nick and Chelcie never seemed to have problems. I knew that it was wrong to think this, but I couldn’t help it. I just kept wondering, ‘Is there something wrong with mine and Joe’s relationship?’
The host and the boys came backstage. “It was so nice meeting you.” the host said as he shook their hands. “It was nice meeting you too.” Kevin replied. They said small quick goodbyes and then we had to leave.
We drove off to the next TV interview. “I really don’t see how you guys can answer the same questions all the time.” Chelcie said. “Believe me, it gets a little old.” Nick nodded. “It does, but we really don’t mind doing it either.” Kevin added to Nick’s comment. “You would think that everyone would know everything by now.” Joe chuckled. “Good point.” Nick said.
Paul and Denise were sitting out in the audience, to the side of course, watching as the boys talked to the host. Frankie, however, was back with us. “I had school this morning.” he said sitting between Brooke and Chelcie. “How’d it go?” I asked. “It was ok. School’s kinda boring though.” he answered. “Well what did you have to learn about?” Chelcie asked him another question. “I did some adding and then I had to try out some multiplication. Multiplication is hard!” his eyes got wide. “I’m sure you’ll get it.” Brooke rubbed down a piece of his hair that was sticking up. “Yea…I guess.” he agreed reluctantly.
We talked to Frankie the whole time. He really wasn’t too bad to talk to, other than the fact he didn’t understand everything we mentioned. Frankie really was the man. You only had to talk to Frankie once to realize that he would grow up to be like a mixture of his brothers. Soon girls would be drooling all over Frankie too. I almost laughed just thinking about when he got to be thirteen or fourteen and all the girls started to chase after him.
Soon we left that interview and it was time to get ready for the concert. I got ready and then performed and it was amazing to me as usual. I watched the boys perform and they did great, once again as usual.
It was crazy that every night the show was sold out. The crowd just seemed to go on and on. You could literally look out into the crowd and have to really look to see the end of it. The people in the back were smaller than ants or dots, if you didn’t know that they were people you probably couldn’t guess what they were.
We got back to the bus ready to head to the next city. Nick fell asleep on a chair and Denise woke him up to tell him to go sleep in his bunk. We were all really tired. I crawled into my bunk and got under the covers.
I was almost asleep when I felt Joe crawling in with me, “Joe what are you doing?” I whispered. “Giving you a kiss goodnight.” he replied and kissed me softly on the lips. I wanted to keep kissing him but we were in a bunk and I didn’t want Joe and me to fall out of it. “Joe I want to actually get some sleep tonight.” I pulled away from him. “Alright.” he said as if he were bummed out. “Oh quit making that sad face.” I rolled my eyes. He grinned at me. He kissed my forehead and then crawled out of my bunk.
I let out a yawn. Today hadn’t really been crazy or dramatic, but I was still exhausted. I rolled over and looked at a picture of their first concert I went to, the one that had started it all. It was a good picture of all three of them on stage. I closed my eyes and ended up dreaming about the day I had met the Jonas Brothers. It was the best dream I had, had in quite a while.
Sign up to rate and review this story