Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Lil Rosie

Of Twitching... And The Like

by Popcorn_Rose 1 review

Steven is finally found... Of course, because of all the trouble he's caused...

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-11-05 - Updated: 2008-11-05 - 1944 words

0Unrated
Unfortunately, due to the fact that they were kind of signature for them, the poor members of GN’R couldn’t just wear hats and sunglasses like most celebrities.

Slash had his easily distinguishable hair held back in a ponytail and was wearing jeans and a jacket with a hood, which was up. Considering almost nobody knew what his face looked like, this was pretty much good enough.

Izzy had his hair hidden up in a hat, so that it looked normal-length. He was wearing glasses, which somehow altered the appearance of his entire face. For some reason he was wearing knee-length shorts, a T-shirt, and a scarf.

Duff, though not very happy about it, was wearing girl jeans, a baggy shirt, and light make-up. He had his hair held up in a high ponytail.

Why do I have to be the girl, again?” He demanded.

“Because,” Izzy replied, “Slash actually has a guy-build, and he’d probably end up looking like a disco drag queen. Don’t you dare deny it, Slash, you know I’m right. Anyway, I’m just way too awesome to cross-dress.”

“What about Axl?” Duff demanded, crossing his arms. “He does it anyway, and he actually looks like a girl!”

“Uh… Yeah.” Izzy agreed. “Unfortunately, Axl’s got his own thing going on over there.”

Axl hadn’t quite paid attention to that little rule about wearing sunglasses and hats, as he was wearing round-lens, Ozzy-style sunglasses. For some reason, he also had a French beret type thing. He was still wearing that black, Italian moustache, a kilt, combat boots, a long-sleeved tie-dye shirt, a black vest that he left open and a necklace with a huge peace-symbol on the end.

“… Should someone explain to him that we’re trying to blend in?” Slash wondered blankly.

“I was going to,” Duff replied, “But I was too scared of what he would do… You know, like eat me or something.”

“Yeah.” Izzy agreed. “That’s typical Axl-when-he-doesn’t-get-his-way.”

“What are you guys talking about?” Axl wondered, walking over to them.

“Er… Nice weather.” Slash replied, too quickly.

“Yeah.” Axl agreed. “Beautiful… So, anyone know where Steven could possibly be?”

“Well,” Duff looked thoughtful, “We could ask someone if they’ve seen anyone who looks like him.”

“That’s such a stupid idea.” Axl commented, rolling his eyes. “Come on, it’s like you guys aren’t taking this seriously at all!”

Slash took one look at the vocalist’s outfit, and walked over to ask some random person if they had seen anyone who looked like Steven.

“Huh… A guy with long blonde hair?” The girl he happened to pick asked, raising an eyebrow. “Let’s see… Oh, yeah! I think I saw him with a blonde and an Asian girl, maybe they went to the Waffle House?”

“I’m guessing today is waffle-themed.” Axl reasoned, thinking back to earlier that day. His band-mates shook their heads, Slash thanked the girl, and they all continued to the Waffle House.

“Oh, good!” Axl exclaimed as soon as they had gotten in the restaurant. “I’m starving!”

“Axl, did you forget why we came here?” Duff asked in disbelief.

“For… Waffle House hash browns?” Axl suggested.

“… No.”

“Well, that’s too bad, because that’s what I’m here for!” Axl exclaimed, running over and sitting at a table.

Obviously irritated, the other members walked over and sat as well. A waitress came to their table.

“Alright, remember,” Slash reminded, “We’re in a hurry, so don’t get too much.”

“Gotcha.” Axl agreed. He then turned to the waitress. “Can I have ten orders of hash browns, please?”

There was an audible crack as Slash, and Duff’s eyes went bloodshot.

“Guess we’re going to be here for a while.” Izzy commented, smiling contentedly.

When the waitress came back, she had a few of her co-workers as well, who helped her fill up the entire table with hash browns.

“Okay, hurry up.” Slash ordered Axl.

However, the red-head just stood there, staring at all the hash browns.

“… What is it?” Duff finally asked after a few minutes.

“I couldn’t possibly eat all this!” Axl complained.

“Alright…” Slash started taking deep breaths, trying to relax, which was probably impossible at this point. “Then let’s just forget about it… Now, we need to ask somebody if-“ He stopped as he noticed Duff’s gritted teeth and even-more-bloodshot-than-they-were-five-minutes-ago eyes. “Hey, Duff, what’s wrong?”

Looking where Duff pointed, Slash immediately started slamming his head against the table.

There was a sign on the wall that said, clearly, in big, bold, red print, ‘If you waste more than 25% of your food, you are subject to having your bill doubled once… For every person at your table.’

“… Let’s see…” Izzy looked at the menu. “Each order of hash browns was five dollars… He got ten, therefore, it’s fifty dollars… Double that four times… One-hundred, Two-hundred, Four-hundred, Eight-hundred… Our total bill would come up to $800.00.” He said it with a content smile.

“… Axl…” Slash hissed.

“Well, geez! SORRY.” He replied sarcastically. “I thought they were talking about the little hash browns, like they have in McDonalds.”

“I think the only logical thing to do is to all help Axl eat these.” Duff reasoned, irritably.

“Nah, you guys can share mine.” Axl replied, waving them off. “I’m not really hungry anymore.” Looking around at the looks of horrible threats, he continued, “Or, you know, I could take one for the team and eat some anyway…”

He stared down at a plate and began eating, along with the rest of them. It took about a half an hour for them to finally finish, and they were all completely stuffed by the end.

“Wow, you guys managed to completely finish them.” The waitress said, staring in a mix of shock and admiration. “I’m impressed.”

“Yeah.” Slash set a fifty-dollar-bill on the table, much to the relief of the others, who realized that they didn’t have any money with them. “By the way, have you seen a guy with long blonde hair, who was presumably with a two girls, a blonde and an Asian?”

“Huh… Yeah, I think so.” She replied. “They said something about going to the Rock Hall of Fame… You know, that place where all the obsessive rock fans who could find one of their idols even in the best of disguises hang out?”

“… Nice.”

So, intent on finding their little drummer, and possibly strangling him when they finally did, the four set off.

However, before they actually got inside the pyramid-shaped Rock Hall of Fame, Slash stopped.

“What is it?” Duff asked.

“Well…” Slash looked thoughtful. “Since they’d probably be able to recognize us anyway, judging by what that waitress said, maybe we should get rid of the disguises so that we can use them when we get back out.”

“… That’s actually kind of a good idea.” Izzy admitted.

“Yeah. Thank God.” Duff added, apparently not liking cross-dressing as much as Axl apparently did.

So, when they walked into the Rock Hall of Fame, they looked like their normal selves.

Slash’s idea was apparently even better than he thought it was, because while the obsessive rock fans would have recognized them with the disguises, quite a few of them were dressed as rock stars anyway, and they blended in more than they would have.

“Wow…” Axl commented, looking around. “It’s like an anime convention… Only… Rock version.” As he noticed the looks he got from his band-mates, he added, “I mean, not that I’ve ever been to one, I’ve just heard…”

They all shook their heads, and continued on without saying another word to him.

“Wow…” Slash looked around. “It’s weird, though. Makes you wonder if there are some other people like us over here.”

“I know, right?” Someone who looked suspiciously like Ozzy Osbourne asked, walking by.

“Yeah.” Axl agreed. “I mean, that guy over there signing autographs looks almost like Steven-“ His band-mates looked at him hopefully, “-Tyler.” They all started twitching. “And if I didn’t know any better,” Axl continued, “I’d say you were Ozzy Osbourne.”

“Yeah, you almost look like Axl Rose.” He agreed. “Well, except for the fact that your nose looks a little fake…”

“Yea- Hey! Wait a second!” Axl looked angry. “My nose can’t look fake! It’s real! I’M REALLY AXL ROSE!!!”

Apparently, the distinct voice along with what exactly he yelled gave something away, as an army of fans turned at once at him with huge eyes.

“… Oh **…” He turned back to Ozzy, who was walking away, laughing demonically. “Yeah, you suck!” He called.

“What did I tell you about talking to strangers?” Izzy asked disapprovingly. “You know, it’s because of you that we keep getting into these situations.”

So, the band was immediately charged at by an army of fans. They barely managed to escape with their lives, when Axl jumped out a window and the others walked out the door right next to it, slamming it shut behind them.

“Heh…” Ozzy was grinning. “Well, you have to admit, it was funny.”

“Ozzy, let me introduce you to Slash.” Duff said, through gritted teeth.

Slash, who was a little bigger than Ozzy, looked downright murderous at that point. Ozzy shrunk back.

“Okay, well, since may have caused a little trouble for you guys, I’m going to help you out.” He decided. “I saw Steven… Adler, not Tyler, walking away with two girls, and they seemed to be heading toward the mall.

So, though they weren’t too happy about how the day was ending up, they all went to the mall, barely remembering to put their disguises back on before they left.

“So, where should we go first?” Duff wondered as they came to the main door and looked inside.

“Hot Topic!” Izzy exclaimed.

“The Food Court!” Duff and Slash, remembering the Waffle House incident, glared at Axl, who suggested the idea.

“I meant to look for Steven.” Duff explained.

“… SCATTER!” Axl and Izzy exclaimed at the same time. Suddenly, they both ran off in different directions.

“… Alright, you get Izzy.” Slash decided, “I’ll get Axl.”

“Got it.”

Slash walked off to the Food Court, where Axl, surprisingly, wasn’t. He looked around the video game store, nothing. The CD and Music shop, zilch.

He was actually starting to get concerned as he checked Hot Topic, where Izzy had suggested, the shoe store, and sporting goods, and saw no sign of the vocalist.

“Where could he be?” He wondered, turning around. He then stood in shock as he saw, through the glass walls meant so people could see inside, Axl sitting on a chair in Claire’s. Irritably, he walked inside.

“What the-“ He noticed the little girls standing within hearing distance, “What in the world do you think you’re doing in here?”

“I wanted to get my ears pierced…” Axl shifted his feet. “Look, I got a butterfly.”

“…” Slash grabbed Axl’s arm and dragged him out of the store, which was, in fact, made specifically for girls under the age of twelve.

Duff was standing outside, holding Izzy’s arm.

“Can we just go home, please?” He asked, exhausted.

“Yeah.” Slash decided. “I feel bad for Steven, but I’m sure he’ll come back eventually… I’m too tired to keep looking.”

They got back to the house around 8:00pm.

To see Steven sitting inside the family room.

“Oh, hey guys!” He said, waving. “Where have you been?”

“… Get him.”
Sign up to rate and review this story